Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Does anyone have info on the exhaust leak? I thought someone who had this problem said it was a crack in the Cat converter, is this correct? Because if that's what it is and mine has this problem not sure if they will fix it since I had to cut part of the pipe after the converter for the Lethal H pipe. I don't think I have a leak but if one should develop down the road.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Does anyone have info on the exhaust leak? I thought someone who had this problem said it was a crack in the Cat converter, is this correct? Because if that's what it is and mine has this problem not sure if they will fix it since I had to cut part of the pipe after the converter for the Lethal H pipe. I don't think I have a leak but if one should develop down the road.
Went to the dealer for an engine noise and they did the exhaust pipe tsb. The pipe on the drivers side has the ball style flange on it, that flange wasn't made correctly so it leaks on some. Mine was ok but they bent it while checking for the noise somehow.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Went to the dealer for an engine noise and they did the exhaust pipe tsb. The pipe on the drivers side has the ball style flange on it, that flange wasn't made correctly so it leaks on some. Mine was ok but they bent it while checking for the noise somehow.
Good to know!

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Can someone post the wind noise TSB or more info about the problem and repair? I've googled several sites and they say no TSBs are on file with NHTSA. I may have this issue and mine was an October build.

Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I had issues with grinding brake noise on my EB PP and even took it in, but that was in early December. 6k later I just have loud squeal when braking at low speeds.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had issues with grinding brake noise on my EB PP and even took it in, but that was in early December. 6k later I just have loud squeal when braking at low speeds.
I want to help put these noises to a screeching halt. Let me know if you plan to take it to the dealer, OVRKILL. Send over a PM, and I'll look into ways to best assist on my end. :D

Jeff

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
I'd also like to know more about the wind noise. Even though my driver door, front left fender, AND hood were all adjusted, I am still getting wind noise and I can't pinpoint where it's coming from besides that it's from the left side of the front of the car.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The brake noise one is pretty well known for PP. They will just swap out your pads and rotors no big deal; maybe an hour of time.

The exhaust one probably doesnt affect a lot of us with catbacks since it goes back to the headers.

shelby367

being me since 1964
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium, PP (received)
brake noise

Just got my car back from dealer for brake squeal. They are ordering rotors and pads, none in stock right now.
Hopefully it will be a good fix.
Mike

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
For those curious about the exhaust TSB:

I spoke to Leroy from Ford Service today. He called to tell me my TSB parts for my brakes have been delayed. I was more curious about the TSB regarding the exhaust leak. I told him my exhaust still rattles upon start-up and I kindly requested info on the TSB regarding the exhaust leak I saw on here. I told him there might be correlation between my exhaust rattle and this new exhaust TSB. He asked me to give him the TSB number of what I was talking about and he then asked if I indeed had the 5.0 engine. I was able to give him the TSB number thanks to this thread. I asked him to read the TSB info to me. I was hoping the TSB would be related to rattling or at least mention rattling. He typed in the TSB number for the exhaust leak and he said the symptoms would be exhaust leakage near the round flange clamp and the corrective measure in the TSB calls for the technician to inspect that the bolts to the round flange are tight and that the mating surface is not deformed in any way. He said this is done by pulling back the exhaust system off the hangers to inspect the round flange where the exhaust system mates. In the end, Leroy said he would dig into this TSB further to see whether rattling is a symptom not written explicitly in the TSB.

The last time I changed oil, I deliberately inspected my exhaust system due to the rattling and did not find any exhaust leakage or loose connections as I crawled underneath the car. The dealership found no exceptions with my exhaust system either. I read someone in this thread had this same TSB performed and had their exhaust flange damaged by the dealership upon inspection so I am hesitant to have the TSB inspection performed. The next time I change my oil, I will concentrate my attention to the round flange area for exceptions, however.

jZarco

Ride Fast or Go Home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My GT's had the whinny breaks since the 3rd week I had it. The dealership said it was a new composite that ford's using for the brakes and there was nothing they could do. I'll take it in soon and ask about the TSB and see if they change what their tune. I also having the rattle in the dash/driver door/light switch area, which they have tried to fix many times. They've gotten it quieter by adding some foam or something behind it but it's still persistent.

Making that extended warranty and service plan DO WORK! I bet they're tired of seeing my car. :headbonk:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My GT's had the whinny breaks since the 3rd week I had it. The dealership said it was a new composite that ford's using for the brakes and there was nothing they could do. I'll take it in soon and ask about the TSB and see if they change what their tune. I also having the rattle in the dash/driver door/light switch area, which they have tried to fix many times. They've gotten it quieter by adding some foam or something behind it but it's still persistent.

Making that extended warranty and service plan DO WORK! I bet they're tired of seeing my car. :headbonk:
Who could get tired of seeing a new Mustang? Let me know if you need further assistance on my end. I'll look into my resources. Just send me a PM. :thumbsup:

Jeff

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I also would like to see a TSB on the windshield leak
Sponsored