Sponsored

3" Cat back on Vert?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Nice to know that ! I am getting the run around with them. I first had their initial design which had a one piece muffler from their H-pipe. Then they sent me the revised 2 piece muffler; no change ... can't clear the bracing. They insist it fits and don't want to take it back.

Whenever I solve this, I'm thinking either the Magnaflow Street or Borla Touring, any opinions ?
I got my MBRP Street from Beefcake Racing and working with MBRP they finally agreed to refund me the cost of the exhaust after three revision sent to me. I explained to them that this is silly to have to take off/on the cross bar support numerous time to try and make the exhaust fit. Terry at Beefcake Racing help me out with me paying the difference for the Magnaflow Street system and I have never looked back. I worked with a the customer Service Manager at MBRP to get the refund. PM me if you need her contact information if your not already working with her. Also, not sure she is till there but maybe worth a try. Good luck to you... :thumbsup:
Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Nice to know that ! I am getting the run around with them. I first had their initial design which had a one piece muffler from their H-pipe. Then they sent me the revised 2 piece muffler; no change ... can't clear the bracing. They insist it fits and don't want to take it back.

Whenever I solve this, I'm thinking either the Magnaflow Street or Borla Touring, any opinions ?
What do you mean by one piece? You mean both mufflers were attached to h pipe? My system is h pipe with two mufflers. It fits but is pretty tight. I put washers on my brace to give it that little extra clearance.

Madmax69ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Yellow Vert
What do you mean by one piece? You mean both mufflers were attached to h pipe? My system is h pipe with two mufflers. It fits but is pretty tight. I put washers on my brace to give it that little extra clearance.
Old:

New:

Madmax69ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my MBRP Street from Beefcake Racing and working with MBRP they finally agreed to refund me the cost of the exhaust after three revision sent to me. I explained to them that this is silly to have to take off/on the cross bar support numerous time to try and make the exhaust fit. Terry at Beefcake Racing help me out with me paying the difference for the Magnaflow Street system and I have never looked back. I worked with a the customer Service Manager at MBRP to get the refund. PM me if you need her contact information if your not already working with her. Also, not sure she is till there but maybe worth a try. Good luck to you... :thumbsup:
With the first design I put some washers to clear the bracing but every time I hit a small bump it would hit the bracing and make a clunk in the cabin. The reason they said they can't take it back is that I fired up the engine ! Had you started your car with the MBRP exhaust when you got your refund ? I am also dealing with MBRP directly but they are making things difficult to get my money back ....

Last edited:

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes fired up and about 50 miles on all three designs... I can tell you they never gave me the "new" design... I had three revisions of the "old" and never worked... The "new" is similar to the Mangnaflow setup.. I did the same with the washers and it still hit... I claimed that it was a $50,000 dollar and this is unacceptable for an after market exhaust to have these type of issues. As I said, went back and forth and finally they agreed to accept refund... Never requested the old units back so I still have a complete set and two revised tails in my garage...

Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Nice I didn't know they changed their design! They aren't exchanging but making you buy the new setup right? Doesn't look like we need new mufflers just the pipe between the h and mufflers?

Madmax69ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice I didn't know they changed their design! They aren't exchanging but making you buy the new setup right? Doesn't look like we need new mufflers just the pipe between the h and mufflers?
No, they sent me the new design free of charge but bottom line, it doesn't fit !

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be careful with how many times you remove the main bolts back at the center portion of the brace. They will eventually get ruined taking them in and out so many times. I had to re-tap a couple because they started not going in very easy... Once again to many up and down of the brace after the trying to get the damn thing to work. I would bale from MBRP exhaust as soon as possible so to not mess up the holes in the brace. My opinion!!! :thumbsup:

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Install was fine. Had local muffler shop install it with no issues. I did quite a bit of research making sure it would fit the very before I bought it. Fit/install was fine. Made funny noises and smelled for awhile after install..but after the burn in everything looks and sounds awesome.

Thanks. How was the install with 3" pipes?

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I inquired with Borla about 3" ATAK on my vert.

Their reply:

"You can’t have a 3” exhaust on a convertible. This part will not work."

Is this true? :shrug:

Thanks in advance.

Buzz
I put the MRT cat back on mine No Problem

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzzcii

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Folks. Update...

I ended up installing the 3" Magnaflow Competitions cat backs with black tips. I removed the brace for ease of installation. Everything fit perfect. Reaqdy for headers and future FA. Headers will be a next year project.

The sound is amazing. The videos do no justice for the volume, but here, you can check it out. A link to the playlist with 4 vids:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRlfSpgCFUrR6m3TsOmpT9S-62pig2wze

After listening to so many vids with manual transmission, I have to say, the sound from automatic is way cooler. Manuals have a linear and steady WhOOwwwwwwwwwww wheras the auto trips through many different tones WhOOwwwwwWowwwWow while shifting up and down. Put her in sport mode and it's amazing, especially pounding the pedal after coasting, it downshifts then up shifts. The sound cannot be emulated with a manual. I am very happy with the results

Buzz out.

Last edited:

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Sound awesome...love the sound! I'm so tempted to upgrade to the competition, but I think it may be a bit loud for the neighborhood.

Folks. Update...
I ended up installing the 3" Magnaflow Competitions cat backs with black tips. I removed the brace for ease of installation. Everything fit perfect. Reaqdy for headers and future FA. Headers will be a next year project.

The sound is amazing. The videos do no justice for the volume, but here, you can check it out. A link to the playlist with 4 vids:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRlfSpgCFUrR6m3TsOmpT9S-62pig2wze

After listening to so many vids with manual transmission, I have to say, the sound from automatic is way cooler. Manuals have a linear and steady WhOOwwwwwwwwwww wheras the auto trips through many different tones WhOOwwwwwWowwwWow while shifting up and down. Put her in sport mode and it's amazing, especially pounding the pedal after coasting, it downshifts then up shifts. The sound cannot be emulated with a manual. I am very happy with the results

Buzz out.

OP
OP
buzzcii

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Sound awesome...love the sound! I'm so tempted to upgrade to the competition, but I think it may be a bit loud for the neighborhood.
I thought that too. But at idle and idle speeds, its not noticeable and not offensive. It only gets loud when you step on it.

A little droning at around 1800 RPMs, but I like the drone.

I found quietest at 65 MPH and 75 MPH

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of an old thread but I have the MBRP street cat back on my car and it fit like a glove on the first shot.
Sponsored