3.7 Forced induction

Discussion in 'V6 3.7L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by BE6Pony, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Fuse

Fuse Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    Your procharger looks really cool. At first I thought it was some sort of turbo.

2. MustangWarrior

MustangWarrior Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    15 Ford Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    #122 MustangWarrior, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Thanks man, Its a D1 unit with some added things that Procharger doesn't add to the kit, But I am loving the way it looks.

3. ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    Well I was going to just make a new thread but this seems like a good place...

I'm about to pull the trigger on F.I. instead of trading in for a gt but I can't decide what's the better option. Keep in mind I DD this car and will be installing myself.

The single or twin turbo setup that Auto Mafia sells claims you can turn up the boost up to where your making 600rwhp on a stock sealed motor, don't know if I believe it but what do you guys think?

I know a couple of you guys have prochargers what's the highest boost you've ran, are you happy with the power level, and where did you purchase it from?

4. MustangWarrior

Vehicle(s):
    15 Ford Mustang V6
    0   0   0

I have been happy with my Procharger as of lately.. It was not what was advertised for the install when I got it, They sent wrong parts, some parts missing most parts needed modified.. it was a mess. Took me awhile to get it right but a lot of it was due to Procharger not doing their job right. I ordered through MPT tuning so I got the discounted tunes. I am in the middle of tuning/data logging on E85 and I am very happy with the power I am getting from it. Also its been very reliable being that its belt driven. I am not sure on power since I am not done with the tune. I will get those once I am finished. I push 10-11 but I am on a D1 unit with 4.50 pulley so if you want that much boost to start you will want to opt for the P1 3.70 pulley. You will want to opt for 90Lb injectors and VMP fuel pump booster as well so you don't run into fuel pump issues. A lot of guys losing fuel pumps using the 65lbs that come with the kit. I have had no issues with fuel.

mustangv6magn likes this.
  5. ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    @MustangWarrior

Thanks man very helpful I'm starting to lean towards the procharger. You said you have the D1, what's the benefit to upgrading to that over P1? Also did you have to install a flexfuel senor for the e85 or is the tune all you need?

6. MustangWarrior

Vehicle(s):
    15 Ford Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    Yea I personally really fell in love with the Procharger, The benefit of the D1 unit is it flows way better with better internals, with this I will be able to move forward if I ever want to make the 600-1000hp range which you are not able to do on the P1, Also if you do go with the D1 like myself order a 4.50 pulley which is the equivalent to the 3.70 on the P1 due to flow.

No Sensors needed, Just DW 90lb injectors or DW400 fuel pump either or ...and the VMP fuel pump booster.

7. mustangv6magn

mustangv6magn Well-Known Member

First Name:
    @mmagnetic2016
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Nice have been following this. I have the stuff to go e85 but a month ago a family emergency happened and just do not think it’s the appropriate time to move forward with adding that. Btw the car looks awesome. Hope to see what you do to it next.