3.7 Forced induction

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Thank you. I have looked that kit before. I still am debating a custom water only injection setup. When you. get setup some pics of the install locations would be great. Appreciate it.
I was thinking of going that route also, but after looking into it, it would be hard to beat that price even piecing it together and just the convenience of the kit is worth whatever savings to me. Really the kit came with everything needed, I just bought a couple of extra fittings and a filter because I wanted to.

I drilled and tapped the washer bottle. 90' fitting into the filter. The filter is easy to get to for cleaning if needed.

20200417_122808.jpg

The line runs down the bottom of the fan shroud to the passenger side.

20200417_122813.jpg

I mounted the pump to the frame horn that sticks out past the radiator.

20200417_122817.jpg

The line runs straight up and along the intake tube. I'm still using the factory tube so I ran the line through the factory pcv connector.

20200329_152944.jpg

I used the connector next to that for the boost reference, not sure how well this will work, I might end up moving it to the manifold

20200418_182621.jpg

I made a bracket for the relay and the pressure switch and mounted them using the bolt that used to hold down the factory air box. This was a convenient spot. I ran a straight 12v to the relay and a switched 12v to the pressure switch from the power distribution box. I used a factory ground strap right next to it. The wiring goes through the hole where the airbox used to mount and runs down the inside of the fender to the pump.

20200418_182611.jpg
Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
(if you use your Max Maf airflow lbs. per min from a log will get you close to crank hp if you don’t have a dyno to convert to crank hp).
S550's don't have a maf sensor to log from unfortunately. They use a 100% SD strategy. I'm actually self tuning (attempting to anyway) and it's proven tough as not very much info is out there on SD only fords and those who do seem to know don't want to tell you.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
No airflow tables on Speed Density (I forget you all use a MAP and SD)? Or do you have to use a formula based of different parameter to calculate airflow?

I read on HPT that Ford uses a hybrid SD system compared to most pure SD systems.
If I wanted to tune my car myself using HPT on my Ford with SD I probably would have paid a pro dyno tuner that uses HPT, have them leave my tunes unlocked so I could tinker and fine tune. Would be a million time easier learning curve once setup initially, since there is no info for you to teach yourself other then trial and error.
Yea everything to do with airflow is calculated. The other issue I had is that I bought DW 65lb injectors assuming they have the data available but they don't for Ford only for GM. I spent months dialing them in. I did get them very close, but another item I'm currently installing is a fuel pressure sensor. I'm going to order the pro kit that allows me to hook up external sensors so I can log fuel pressure. The most confusing thing for me at first was that our cars run 4bar fuel pressure and injectors are most commonly rated at 3bar so you have to covert everything. Basically what's called a 65lb injector is actually a 73lb injector in our cars.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how many people on here are also on the S550 V6 page, but Doomsday410 (think he's on here too but can't remember his username) is selling his Procharger kit for $3k (and parting out the rest of the car).

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Wow that’s a great deal. Yeah I think we are seeing a high amount of 3.7 owners putting car back to stock because of the killer deals out there right now on cars that are upgrades. If I wasn’t buying another house in the next year I’d be buying a new car (but keeping my 3.7, it’s paid for).
Damnit not me...haven't even gotten to enjoy it yet lol!

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well...ended up getting this kit. I couldn't help myself, lol.
Screenshot_20200501-132406_eBay.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I couldn't help myself, lol. I got it for 350 with the digital gauge. I need to check but I believe the windshield washer reservoir has more capacity. If this is the case I plan on using the factory windshield washer fluid reservoir and will relocate the factory pump and sensor to the included kit reservoir. Less refilling this way.

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I couldn't help myself, lol. I got it for 350 with the digital gauge. I need to check but I believe the windshield washer reservoir has more capacity. If this is the case I plan on using the factory windshield washer fluid reservoir and will relocate the factory pump and sensor to the included kit reservoir. Less refilling this way.
Very nice! I just used the washer bottle for both, if it goes to quickly I might add another tank later. It would probably have to go in the trunk, I couldn't find any room under the hood for it, mainly because it has to be mounted higher than the pump. The pump does NOT self prime.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Very nice! I just used the washer bottle for both, if it goes to quickly I might add another tank later. It would probably have to go in the trunk, I couldn't find any room under the hood for it, mainly because it has to be mounted higher than the pump. The pump does NOT self prime.
I take it your just using a good washer fluid with 40-60 or 30-70 mix.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
It is finally coming together...
received_890264914815272.jpeg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT