Sponsored

3.7 Exhaust Options

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Hello!

I was wondering if they made a dedicated H-pipe for the S550 V6 mustangs I can't seem to find any online and I am trying to steer away from the muffler shop universal pipes. Currently running the Roush Axlebacks and looking for a louder, throaty sound. I know they make flowmaster x-pipes for the car but don't know if that would be the sound I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
H pipes sound terrible on the car IMO. Want something thats sounds clean add an x-pipe box muffler. Think magnaflow tru-x. Replace stock resonator with this product or just pick up a cheap ebay x-pipe, paint it with some VHT, then grab some vibrant resonators, have them welded to the x-pipe by exhaust shop, replace the stock resonator with this configuration. Trust me both these options sound good and won't ruin the sound like an h-pipe does in the high rpm band. The tru-x (pic attached) is close to having zero drone as a bonus when highway cruising.

Screenshot_20210126-185152_Chrome.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Hello!

I was wondering if they made a dedicated H-pipe for the S550 V6 mustangs I can't seem to find any online and I am trying to steer away from the muffler shop universal pipes. Currently running the Roush Axlebacks and looking for a louder, throaty sound. I know they make flowmaster x-pipes for the car but don't know if that would be the sound I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Also check out the existing exhaust discussions and threads. Lots of sound clips and configuration discussions.

OP
OP
Ninpop9

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Also check out the existing exhaust discussions and threads. Lots of sound clips and configuration discussions.
Thanks man! I think I'm going with the resonator delete x-pipe by flowmaster you've convinced me!

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Thanks man! I think I'm going with the resonator delete x-pipe by flowmaster you've convinced me!
Not quite what I was saying. If you throw in just an xpipe in the place of the stock resonator it will not sound good at high rpm and highway load. Needs to be an x-pipe MUFFLER. Like the picture above. Its an XPIPE encased in a muffler. That design makes for a great clean sound with little to no drone. They do need to break in...

Sponsored

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have a GT oem exhaust. Replaced the resonator with a GT Steeda H pipe. I think it sounds pretty damn good when I start it and get on it. Friends do as well. However it’s a bit too quiet cursing. This is the 5th different exhaust set up and is the best I’ve found so far that doesn’t drone and sounds good. I’d prefer it to be a little louder, but not at the expense of any drone.

prototipo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guillermo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Hello!

Thanks!

Hi,

I currently have cheap ebay X-pipe, Flowmaster super 10 and some glasspacks for axle backs. Sound is mellow with little drone in the 1800 to 2500 RPM.

Next will be the install of BBK shorties :)

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have a GT oem exhaust. Replaced the resonator with a GT Steeda H pipe. I think it sounds pretty damn good when I start it and get on it. Friends do as well. However it’s a bit too quiet cursing. This is the 5th different exhaust set up and is the best I’ve found so far that doesn’t drone and sounds good. I’d prefer it to be a little louder, but not at the expense of any drone.
I did the same, except an X-pipe instead of H. Then I added a Borla S-type axle back. Definitely louder but no drone.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Excellent! I’m gonna add some Speed Daddy shorties that arrive Friday. We’ll see how that sounds. If still to quiet I’m going to add some S Types axle backs.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Headers arrived today but am delayed as the flanges are slightly warped. Will be looking to exchange, no biggie not in a hurry.
Sponsored