Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang v6
Yes. My current setup consists of

BBK long tubes
Custom catted mid pipe
Stock catback resonator
MagnaFlow comp axleback

A video does no justice, your car sounds mean/ loud already I can only imagine in person. I was thinking straight pipe, BBK long tubes, and keeping my crappy muffler shop X pipe for now. Think that's a decent set up?

Do you have a tune ?
This has to void my warranty right ? Lol

Sorry for the amount of questions I'm throwing at you not to many people with headers on their s550 v6's.

Pony car

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
A video does no justice, your car sounds mean/ loud already I can only imagine in person. I was thinking straight pipe, BBK long tubes, and keeping my crappy muffler shop X pipe for now. Think that's a decent set up?

Do you have a tune ?
This has to void my warranty right ? Lol

Sorry for the amount of questions I'm throwing at you not to many people with headers on their s550 v6's.

Pony car
Yeah it sounds much deeper in person.

Personally I think a non resonated x-pipe with no mufflers will sound a bit raspy and will be extremely loud. Now depending on what you are looking for that might be what you want or not.

I would suggest high flow cats with a magnaflow resonated x pipe and muffler delete. That should get you a smoother sound and a more manageable volume. Do note though that even this setup will be LOUD. If you find it to loud for your tastes you can add in axleback mufflers.

I do have a tune in order to mask that hesitation issue I have mentioned before. While these mods will NOT void your warranty (no mod can automatically void a warranty) it will be easy for a dealership to deny a powertrain warranty claim. With that said it will not void your overall warranty. So say you have a belt squeak, that will still be covered even though you have a tune and headers.

OP
OP
BayAreaRacing

BayAreaRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang v6
Yeah it sounds much deeper in person.

Personally I think a non resonated x-pipe with no mufflers will sound a bit raspy and will be extremely loud. Now depending on what you are looking for that might be what you want or not.

I would suggest high flow cats with a magnaflow resonated x pipe and muffler delete. That should get you a smoother sound and a more manageable volume. Do note though that even this setup will be LOUD. If you find it to loud for your tastes you can add in axleback mufflers.

I do have a tune in order to mask that hesitation issue I have mentioned before. While these mods will NOT void your warranty (no mod can automatically void a warranty) it will be easy for a dealership to deny a powertrain warranty claim. With that said it will not void your overall warranty. So say you have a belt squeak, that will still be covered even though you have a tune and headers.

Awesome man thanks! I'm sure I've came across your videos on YouTube. I have the exact same car as you! Any idea how much HP your pushing ?

Pony car

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Awesome man thanks! I'm sure I've came across your videos on YouTube. I have the exact same car as you! Any idea how much HP your pushing ?

Pony car
No problem! I haven't dynoed my car yet unfortunately... I'm guessing I'm pushing 330hp and 310tq (flywheel).

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Not bad, have you noticed the difference in power ?
Oh most definitely! The tune makes a big difference and with the headers and tune together you will definitely notice the power increase.
Sponsored