22 S550 Tracking Thread

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
So my Mustang has been sitting at a rail yard in Twin Oaks, PA since 5/28 awaiting a truck to pick it up. I’m only around 100 miles away in Long Island. Is this typical to wait this long? Not sure what the hold up is. I’ve heard truck will only leave if it’s fully loaded for the area it’s going to. Given that I don’t live in the middle of no where I would expect the truck to fill up pretty damn quick, but Covid, or something, I guess
Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
So my Mustang has been sitting at a rail yard in Twin Oaks, PA since 5/28 awaiting a truck to pick it up. I’m only around 100 miles away in Long Island. Is this typical to wait this long? Not sure what the hold up is. I’ve heard truck will only leave if it’s fully loaded for the area it’s going to. Given that I don’t live in the middle of no where I would expect the truck to fill up pretty damn quick, but Covid, or something, I guess
While I can't help in your situation...I'm surprised there isn't a rail yard closer to you.

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
Probably has to do with our current astronomical fuel prices. The car hauler companies may be waiting for several vehicles to transport at once in order to save fuel.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Mine is at a yard in Chester, Pa which is about 50 miles from Chapman. And my car is on their website $5k over sticker. It looks like they have a fair amount of Mustangs rolling in.

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
While I can't help in your situation...I'm surprised there isn't a rail yard closer to you.
There are rail yards closer, but from what I’ve gathered online, Twin Oaks is a pretty big hub for incoming new cars

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Mine is at a yard in Chester, Pa which is about 50 miles from Chapman. And my car is on their website $5k over sticker. It looks like they have a fair amount of Mustangs rolling in.
Likely the Twin Oaks rail yard..

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Just checked the tracker and it says it’s at the dealership.
86A06865-FF3B-42D1-A361-E7F83ACD1A67.png
Congrats!

Did your tracker say it was shipped before this? Seems like it regularly misses that step, going from the built & estimated arrival date straight to it has arrived.

BlueOdessa22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
Just checked the tracker and it says it’s at the dealership.
Mine was unloaded at a distribution hub today, about a hundred miles away from the dealership. Was quoted a week until delivery. Seems like this is a pretty standard eta.

Sponsored
OP
OP
22darkmatter

22darkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Grey
My car is currently at a railyard about 150 miles from my dealer, has been sitting there since Saturday. According to my dealer they have 6 or 7 other cars over there waiting to be delivered, so hopefully it'll get picked up soon.

Also, according to the Ford Performance live chat, they're really short on trucks AND drivers right now for carrying out the final deliveries of cars, which is why a lot of us are experiencing the exact same thing with our cars getting held up.

DCloak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My car is currently at a railyard about 150 miles from my dealer, has been sitting there since Saturday. According to my dealer they have 6 or 7 other cars over there waiting to be delivered, so hopefully it'll get picked up soon.

Also, according to the Ford Performance live chat, they're really short on trucks AND drivers right now for carrying out the final deliveries of cars, which is why a lot of us are experiencing the exact same thing with our cars getting held up.
Wow. You'll be closing this thread soon. 😀

OP
OP
22darkmatter

22darkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Grey
Wow. You'll be closing this thread soon. 😀
I'll leave it open for all the other impatient people like myself, I know that I personally check every tracker I have available to me just about daily nowadays, so this thread has been a huge help for finding those tools and I want others to have the same tools available to them :)

DCloak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll leave it open for all the other impatient people like myself, I know that I personally check every tracker I have available to me just about daily nowadays, so this thread has been a huge help for finding those tools and I want others to have the same tools available to them :)
I figured it will stay open. I was kidding. This is a top thread for me so I appreciate you starting it. Agreed, lots of useful info.
Sponsored