Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
0-60 in 3.3 :rockon::shock:
Magazine numbers :) I don’t worry about it though cause all they see are my crooked exhaust tips ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Your buddy bought a very nice car and it happens to be very fast. You probably got a kick out of beating him before.....now it's his turn if you feel the need to see just how it would go down. Congrats on the new Mustang, I gurantee you will still love it. 😍
Oh yeah no doubt. It’s a big beautiful fast car but not my style. I don’t feel any type of way about it. I see cars like that as high class transport and that’s not me. I wouldn’t mind a GT500 though ;)

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Imagine one of the turbos or god forbid both of them failing after that Mercedes is out of warranty. The cost of repairs would likely require refinancing your home! LOL

However here's where Car and Driver reviewed a 2021 model and it's certainly drool material for a performance minded car nut!
https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-amg/e63-s-4matic

Osazee449

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Osazee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10
You're missing 150 horse power against the E63 amg, V8 biturbo yeah bus lengths.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The Mercedes AMG is great, but I'd spend my money on a Porsche.

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
The aftermarket caters waaaaay better for the S550 if that important btw

Lightsaber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Evo X 5MT
Imagine one of the turbos or god forbid both of them failing after that Mercedes is out of warranty. The cost of repairs would likely require refinancing your home! LOL
I actually searched it:

RepairPal said:
The average cost for a Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG turbocharger assembly replacement is between $5,975 and $6,380. Labor costs are estimated between $1,551 and $1,956 while parts are priced at $4,424 ...
(5,975 + 6,380)/2 = US$6,178 midpoint, hahahahaha.

Still, the RepairPal's estimate seems to be leaning towards the low end, like how things were before the great inflation.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
OH... And how much does it cost to repair/replace a Coyote turbocharger in a Mustang GT? ZIP!!! NADA!!! LOL

That's part of why I bought my 2020 GT. Naturally aspirated engines ROCK and with the new technology they produce way more horsepower than they ever did before.

Turbochargers and Superchargers are an EXPENSIVE repair bill just waiting to happen.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
OH... And how much does it cost to repair/replace a Coyote turbocharger in a Mustang GT? ZIP!!! NADA!!! LOL

That's part of why I bought my 2020 GT. Naturally aspirated engines ROCK and with the new technology they produce way more horsepower than they ever did before.

Turbochargers and Superchargers are an EXPENSIVE repair bill just waiting to happen.
Feels like you got stuck with this thinking about 20 years ago. Just about every car now has turbocharger, Ford and Chevy puts their 1.5 turbo engines in everything they can, they are not failing, in fact Ford 3.5 Ecoboosts with two turbochargers are very reliable, having been used in five billion F150s over last 10 years.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Not really, as above forced induction is pretty common even on the cheapest cars now and proven to be reliable. Sure, the Mercedes is going to be more expensive to fix when it does break, but I'll wager it will be able to gap you for at least 100k miles straight before they even have to think about throwing new turbos at it.

Nothing wrong with more complexity to get better performance, I mean that's kind of the point of having high price tier cars. That and the luxury aspect. It's a whole different world to play in.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Feels like you got stuck with this thinking about 20 years ago. Just about every car now has turbocharger, Ford and Chevy puts their 1.5 turbo engines in everything they can, they are not failing, in fact Ford 3.5 Ecoboosts with two turbochargers are very reliable, having been used in five billion F150s over last 10 years.
I've got the smaller 2.3l ecoboost my Bronco and I hate it. It's powerful enough but it sounds horrible and gets worse fuel economy than my GT lol.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've got the smaller 2.3l ecoboost my Bronco and I hate it. It's powerful enough but it sounds horrible and gets worse fuel economy than my GT lol.
yeah, 4 cylinder turbo engine sound like shit, the louder the exhaust the worse they sound. But - we're talking biturbo V8 here from AMG that sounds very very sweet and mostly about some reliability fear mongering, not the sound...

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
yeah, 4 cylinder turbo engine sound like shit, the louder the exhaust the worse they sound. But - we're talking biturbo V8 here from AMG that sounds very very sweet and mostly about some reliability fear mongering, not the sound...
Sure, but the post I quoted was about small turbos (1.5L, 3.0) not v8's ;)

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Good point and I've owned a 2019 Raptor pickup with the 3.5 and twin turbos and I can tell you that it simply didn't have a good sound and you had to wait for the turbos to get their act together before you really felt the power. Not a fan...
Sponsored