Sponsored

22 Mustang GT vs. 2019 Mercedes-AMG E63 S

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Your A10 22 GT will be a very fast car. But the AMG is in a different league, as you would be if you spent that much. C&D got one through the quarter at 11.0s at 128mph. That’s about 10 car lengths over their test (again, very fast) stock 18 A10 GT and pulling away at more than 10mph. So….if it matters to you, boost your ride for still far less and beat him.
You'd have little more chance in a 2021 Mach 1 A10.
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
My friend just got himself a used 2019 AMG E 63 S. It’s a twin turbo V8 AWD. I haven’t got my 22 yet so I’m curious how they would compare stock for stock. The weight is what makes me think it could be a fair race.

I fully expect his car to be quicker considering it’s well over double the cost of mine. Just curious how close it would be.
Was going to start my own thread, but will add here instead. Had one of these messing with me today, kept passing me and popping his exhaust. Pretty sure it wasn't stock, based on the sound; unless this is normal. Anyways, we turned off onto a Mexican highway, and I gave in. After numerous bus lengths I let off. Isn't really fair, nearly 1k to the wheels now. Didn't even have the nitrous on. He pulled up and was absolutely shocked, he couldn't believe it how bad it was, asked how much I am putting out. I think he has probably taken a few 5.0s based on the constant pestering he was doing.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bunch of blah, blah.

If you want a great car, you need an older 2014 Porsche.

2014Porsche.jpg

It was my former 991.1 car.

Now own a 992 which is the best car:

f9Eoz8K.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Was going to start my own thread, but will add here instead. Had one of these messing with me today, kept passing me and popping his exhaust. Pretty sure it wasn't stock, based on the sound; unless this is normal. Anyways, we turned off onto a Mexican highway, and I gave in. After numerous bus lengths I let off. Isn't really fair, nearly 1k to the wheels now. Didn't even have the nitrous on. He pulled up and was absolutely shocked, he couldn't believe it how bad it was, asked how much I am putting out. I think he has probably taken a few 5.0s based on the constant pestering he was doing.
Like you said not really a fair fight but good on you for humbling them!

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am opting out here.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
This is a bunch of blah, blah.

If you want a great car, you need an older 2014 Porsche.

2014Porsche.jpg

It was my former 991.1 car.

Now own a 992 which is the best car:

f9Eoz8K.jpg
I sold my 997.2 and have been looking for a nice 991.2 C2S or GTS cab. The turbo is out of my league, but an amazing car!

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
I've got the smaller 2.3l ecoboost my Bronco and I hate it. It's powerful enough but it sounds horrible and gets worse fuel economy than my GT lol.
Ditto, minus the GT part. Wish I had the funds to do a Coyote swap

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
My sole experience against an E63S was on the I15. I saw this car far behind me starting to gradually pull closer. So I started to speed up and he went faster to almost catch-up. As he went faster, I went faster, and he went faster still, and then I said no way am I going to let this guy pass me. So I floored it and he sped up as well, but he could not pass me, and barely kept up, staying behind me the entire time. I hit 165 before having to slow for traffic. When he went by in the next lane after we slowed I was surprised it was an E63S. My car does make good power - on the Roval at ACS I was faster on the straights than C7 vettes and even passed a GT3 (but I realize that guy was a pussy).

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've owned a couple of those makes as I am sure you probably have and many others on this forum also. I can't say that I EVER bought a car based on how I thought people would act when they saw it. On the flip side, I do respect most brands of cars.

You do know that your statement might closely resemble what some people might say about our Mustangs, except that add in too, bad he/she didn't get a GT500 or something along those lines. :) :). I lived in Europe for over twenty years and can't say I pulled a Euro girl because of my car..........they "thought I had money" is how I pulled them....just kidding.

I'm pulling your leg a little...relax, the weekend is almost here. :fistbump:

Just buy Italian designer clothes they are way better for posing especially with an S550.

No one pays attention to MB or Porsche any more they are dime a dozen. Even Ferraris are populated with sketchy drivers. I see people on the street purposely ignore all high end cars and cringe at the ones with loud exhausts.

Everyone I know dumped them all Euro mass market high end cars in 2019 and 2020.

In Europe they are good for pulling E euro girls and other FOBs.

S550 is a superior daily and overall fun car that passengers and spectators love. I guess it the humble no show off element....I'm shocked frankly.

Mercedes remind me of German taxis haha while any 911 that's not too spec indicates the purchase was a stretch.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got smashed by one, dig and roll.. after I only had the car a few days.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Just buy Italian designer clothes they are way better for posing especially with an S550.

No one pays attention to MB or Porsche any more they are dime a dozen. Even Ferraris are populated with sketchy drivers. I see people on the street purposely ignore all high end cars and cringe at the ones with loud exhausts.

Everyone I know dumped them all Euro mass market high end cars in 2019 and 2020.

In Europe they are good for pulling E euro girls and other FOBs.

S550 is a superior daily and overall fun car that passengers and spectators love. I guess it the humble no show off element....I'm shocked frankly.

Mercedes remind me of German taxis haha while any 911 that's not too spec indicates the purchase was a stretch.
were all dumber for having read this.
Sponsored