'22 Model Year information

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Actually, that works great for me as I intend to drive it home to CA, and it gives me a little more time to bank extra down payment cash.
Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Placed an order (on Black Friday) for a 2022 Mach1 700A with Handling Pack in Eruption Green, both of which are "late availability" when should I figure on seeing my Mustang? I'm thinking May/June.
Did your dealer give you a starting production date for the EG Mach 1?

I ordered a EG GT and was told by my dealer GT EG production starts mid-February due to the late availability.

Being in CA it will take a month to get out there, but may be earlier than you think.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Did your dealer give you a starting production date for the EG Mach 1?

I ordered a EG GT and was told by my dealer GT EG production starts mid-February due to the late availability.

Being in CA it will take a month to get out there, but may be earlier than you think.
No dates on anything yet, just an email confirmation from Ford that included a warning that it might take a while due to quality control issues.
I ordered it from Grainger Ford in Iowa.
Pretty sure the Handling Pack isn't going back into production till March at the earliest, due to weather (cold) concerns with the Sport Cup2 tires.

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
No dates on anything yet, just an email confirmation from Ford that included a warning that it might take a while due to quality control issues.
I ordered it from Grainger Ford in Iowa.
Pretty sure the Handling Pack isn't going back into production till March at the earliest, due to weather (cold) concerns with the Sport Cup2 tires.
Granger*

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I was reading some of these comments, and realized I was supposed to get an email after ordering my vehicle, which was done in October.

Called my dealer yesterday, then again this morning, and he called me back a few minutes later. He said they did not input my email address when it was ordered on 10/19, and I would be getting that email from Ford stating that it was ordered, and would have an order date.

I got the email 5 minutes later, but no order date. Any way to verify that, I'm going to be a little pissed if they sat on it for 6 weeks inadvertently? Funny thing was I did not give him my email address this morning, so they did have it on file. Thanks

Your 2022 Mustang GT Order.
YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear J Jones,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Mustang GT Fastback! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by XXXXX Ford, Inc​
A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW*
2022 Mustang GT Fastback:
  • 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
  • 19” X 8.5” Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Eruption Green Metallic
  • Ebony Leather Trimmed Seats
  • 400A
  • Less Racing Stripe
  • Active Valve Performance Exhaust

Sponsored

notorioushizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Considering ordering a 2022 GT sometime before the end of Dec. If ordered now, when could I reasonable anticipate delivery taking place? February? Mid-year? Thanks for the help.

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
Does anyone know what the optional racing stripe package on the GT will look like?
I'm not keen on the odd stripe on the '21.
I'm ready to order, but the choice is Grabber blue with no stripe, or Atlas blue with white stripe, as long as I like the stripe design.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does anyone know what the optional racing stripe package on the GT will look like?
I'm not keen on the odd stripe on the '21.
I'm ready to order, but the choice is Grabber blue with no stripe, or Atlas blue with white stripe, as long as I like the stripe design.
The option code remains the same (47a) so unlikely it is different. 🙁

Sponsored

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
Slower doesn't really worry me.
I was having thoughts on an Ecoboost, but the easier resale when I want to move it on in a couple of years swayed the decision.

My '17 Ecoboost was harder to find a buyer for than my '18 GT.

Blueflame1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, Atlas Blue
Yes I did order the Performance Package. Also added the Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Magneride Damping System, and B&O sound system. Figured I would add all the options to the final model year of Mustang with a V-8 engine. Thinking in the long run the car will be somewhat of a collector car being the last of the big engine.

Last edited:

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Yes I did order the Performance Package. Also added the Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Magneride Damping System, and B&O sound system. Figured I would add all the options to the final model year of Mustang with a V-8 engine. Thinking in the long run the car with be somewhat of a collector car being the last of the big engine.
Nice. It surely will be collectible. Any of the new colors too?
Sponsored