Sponsored

2024 Mach 1 replacement

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I decided to ask my dealer about the new S650, and what he thought about it. He said he absolutely loves it, especially the Dark Horse. I told him that I hated the rear end, and he disagreed with me. Since we were on the topic of the DH, I couldn't help but ask about the pricing. He told me that they already made a list for their Dark Horse orders and that Ford hasn't released pricing information yet but he thinks MSRP is going to be very close to $70k. If that turns out to be true, that's pretty damn insane, for a base Dark Horse...
Is there a base dark horse? I thought a base car was a no option ecoboost.
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This new dark horse.

500hp, tremec, all the M1 goodies it sounds like

(and fugly….interior as well)

thoughts on M1 being upped so soon? Even the new GT has more power which was expected I guess.
I have a '22 M1 A10 on order, but as soon as I can order a Dark Horse, I definitely will.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My Mach will be gone in a flash for the Dark Horse. Much cleaner with updated tech, more customization like the caliper colors, and more power!
Same for me.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget you can actually tune our cars. You cannot tune the 2024 due to an ECU similar to the Corvette C8. It's locked down hard. I promise you once mine is tuned it will dust any stock dark horse there is.

Overall, the Dark Horse looks alright. I don't like the tail lights but the rear end itself is okay. I'll wait for a final gen Shelby or something.

Vapor Blue was the highlight for me. That color is beautiful.

Just wait till people see the price on the Dark Horse. People thought the Mach 1 was bad... Just wait.
The Dark Horse is really untunable?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is there a base dark horse? I thought a base car was a no option ecoboost.
The Dark Horse is a new model so like the M1 there could be a base and premium model. That said nothing I’ve read indicates that there is.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The Dark Horse is really untunable?
The locked ECU for all V8 Mustangs has been discussed but, to the best of my knowledge, not 100% confirmed. If it is locked certain manufacturers will be given the necessary codes (Roush, Steeda, Shelby). Actually Whipple has already announced a supercharger for the S650.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The locked ECU for all V8 Mustangs has been discussed but, to the best of my knowledge, not 100% confirmed. If it is locked certain manufacturers will be given the necessary codes (Roush, Steeda, Shelby). Actually Whipple has already announced a supercharger for the S650.
That's it then, my M1 is gone as soon as I can get a Dark Horse in the UK.
1663506069241.png

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I really don't understand the complaints about obvious changes that were coming to the interior. Why would they keep a low res tiny screen in a modern car? The lack of a large Hi-Res screen and tech is severely lacking in the latest S550. Paying $60k(Mach 1) or $120k for a GT500 with the current interior is a slap in the face. Do most of you want the same interior to continue or for them to remove all screens? I personally love the Dark Horse and can't wait to upgrade.
Lol...I am almost the opposite. What was wrong with S550 interior? Heated/cooled seats, bluetooth, leather if you want it. The digital dash and main screen provided the perfect balance of physical controls versus screens IMHO. Now we are in digital screen hell.

The truth is the interior really didn't change much outside of the screens. The materials look about the same...the doors are, the seats look a little upgraded...some colored stitching and some changes to speaker shapes and style. Personally, yes I would rather have the old screen and the double brow. I can concede getting rid of the cd player and physical audio controls to make room for a bigger and sharper screen, possibly canted a bit to the driver. However, give me my physical ac controls...that shit in a menu is a pain in the ass. Frankly, I think most mustang owners would have loved a comprehensive toggle switch row with up and down click functionality-that was a critique of the toggles all along...not to get rid of them. On that row you would have exhaust mode, suspension mode, steering mode, traction control, hazard, and my mode. Detailed programming on my mode would be done in a menu, but on the fly adjustments to the others would accomplished by those toggles. I see there is a button row but it is not clear what is there outside of hazard and mymode.

You know what really needed to happen on electronics that didn't? Real things even a sports car driver can appreciate...PDR, parking assist, front sensors, heads up if you like that. But we just got screens you can play with in your garage and look at a big map while driving. Hooray!

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
The M1 is a very nice looking car. The only thing that I think it is missing is a shaker hood. I know there is at least one company out there that offer them, but if Ford did it for the 03-04, they could have done it for the 21-22 models too and had it serve as a source of cool air the the CAI.

I do know of one FJG M1 that just arrived in the KC Metro area Last week, so you may happen to spot it out on the road at some point.
The one I saw in Blue Springs last week was FJG. Had personalized tags on it. Looked awesome. Im really excited to get my car. Nothing else looks like it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
[However, give me my physical ac controls...that shit in a menu is a pain in the ass.
[/QUOTE]
I’m with you 100% on this one. Here is the screen for my wife’s Volvo XC60. Way to complex with too many menus and sub menus.

5C40C163-5683-412B-8EA9-B06C224F0B66.jpeg

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Dark Horse is a new model so like the M1 there could be a base and premium model. That said nothing I’ve read indicates that there is.
How can any Mach 1 be a base car? It has so many options already installed. Same with a DH. You can say a DH has or doesn’t have option a or b but calling either of those cars “base” in any configuration is disingenuous.
A base mustang must have an ecoboost engine or a V6.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
What was wrong with S550 interior? Heated/cooled seats, bluetooth, leather if you want it.
Can you remind me what was wrong with the S550 Bluetooth, please? I don’t recall reading about it. Thanks.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)