Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Remember last year when the color palette came out it was very limited and then as it got closer to order banks opening they added the special colors like brittany blue for the heritage. I am betting they will keep the Mach1 and add a color just before the order guide is released. Probably FJG.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
one could argue they can't even pre-treat panels or get basic painting done correctly, regardless of color.
I've had no paint issues.
Methinks people have un-realistic expectations of Mustangs being "show" cars or something.

They're cheap, mass-produced vehicles. You can't expect Chiron quality paint jobs. Ever see the panel gaps and paint quality on a Tesla? Evidently it's pretty poor.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They're cheap, mass-produced vehicles.
and yet the Jap/Koreans make even cheaper cars with better paint. Ford is just needlessly shit at the fundamentals.

My VeloB hasn't shown any major defects (yet).

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Not sure if recession is the issue as Ford Bronco has many colors to choose from. My problem is that if I am purchasing a sports car for over 60K I want the color of my choice and not 3 shades of black, gray or silver and one red, yellow or blue. I look for light pastel colors that Ford seems to avoid at all costs probably because black and gray paint costs less for them as other manufacturers love to use that paint. I would be happy to pay extra 2K for color of my choice from a larger color selection. Why does Mach 1 model has to have smaller color selection then a standard GT or Shelby GT500? At this time the only way to get the fun colors is with Hotwheels mustangs and dream that someday the option of order in any color from factory would be possible.

HOTWHEELS.jpg
That's a cool collection of mustang hot wheels.

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
what's more the Japanese started this white/black/silver crap and we imported it.
VW's GTI has a MISERABLE color selection (Germans only like winter gray colors?) but ever so often they come up with things like Cornflower Blue and a really neat Yellow. But then they go and only let the pointlessly expensive trims have it. Grrr. it's freaking paint, every trim should have the full spectrum - charge extra if you want.

Honda Civic comes in a somewhat similar color as the NFG which is nice.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i agree with this guy on the paint colors.
we live in a boring time where color choices should be way more than the colors we have....
i see time and time again, companies offer 5 shades of grey, 2 whites and blacks, but have very little of anything else....
ill stick to my red and orange even if they do cost me a bit more $$, i'd rather pay $500 for red than drive a boring "grey" or "white" car.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last year I remember being in a parking lot and noticing how so many cars all looked the same, even though they were from three separate vendors. Side-by-side there appeared little difference and I believe it was primarily due to color. It's like they all blended in to blah.

Could be all part of a master plan by Ford. Give us pause in MY23 in anticipation for MY24 and the S650. Save any brilliant and new colors for then. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of what's to come during the September reveal.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
i agree with this guy on the paint colors.
we live in a boring time where color choices should be way more than the colors we have....
i see time and time again, companies offer 5 shades of grey, 2 whites and blacks, but have very little of anything else....
ill stick to my red and orange even if they do cost me a bit more $$, i'd rather pay $500 for red than drive a boring "grey" or "white" car.
My issue, sadly, is that I fall into the trap of how much money I can lay out and what's available. My only Mustang with "color" was my Deep Forest Green Metallic '94 GT. Then I had a Tungsten Grey '06, a black '12, and my current Magnetic '15. The '06 was because my wife liked that it was a 'vert and it was auto, which was good since we were expecting a baby (can't shift and blindly hold a binky in the mouth of an infant at the same time 🤪), but I was looking for different blues with the last two cars and just couldn't find anything that wasn't a wreck or out of my price range.

If I get the cash I might paint my '15 Antimatter Blue or something similar.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
and yet the Jap/Koreans make even cheaper cars with better paint. Ford is just needlessly shit at the fundamentals.
No, no they're not. They just chose to focus on different fundamentals. Ford makes incredible engines, decent transmissions, have fantastic brakes.....but (in some people's opinion) they cut corners on paint and interior finishes.

There is no free lunch. If you want a flawless V-8 coupe, buy a Lexus RCF that starts at $68,000.00 There won't be a manual option, but you'll get your nice paint.

Sponsored

Nuzzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab,2017 Mustang Con
I'm planning on getting a 2023 model updating my 2017,but their are no exciting colors.I may just get another white Mustang.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so is Vapor, a darker version of Brittany which is basically silver with a little blue tint?
you can get Brittany+Coastal (similar to 'california' pkg for GT) on the EB 200A I noticed.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ford's color selection department has been a disaster for decades. Still they manage to outdo themselves time and again.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on getting a 2023 model updating my 2017,but their are no exciting colors.I may just get another white Mustang.
might as well wait another 2 months and see if you love/retch at the sight of the '24
Sponsored