2023 GT500

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
that they think Ford will have a new GT500 towards the end of the S650 run.
It is highly doubtful that anyone can think about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 years from now. Maybe we can keep this thread alive for that long. :giggle: :like:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is highly doubtful that anyone can think about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 years from now. Maybe we can keep this thread alive for that long. :giggle: :like:
Don't worry, someone will revive it.

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
I think you are correct, Ford will make a performance model. I just don't think it will be a GT500 in 23 or 24. I really don't think there will be another GT500, I do believe there will be another model done in conjunction will Shelby/Ford Performance using the S640 platform that is just my honest opinion

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
I think you are correct, Ford will make a performance model. I just don't think it will be a GT500 in 23 or 24. I really don't think there will be another GT500, I do believe there will be another model done in conjunction will Shelby/Ford Performance using the S640 platform that is just my honest opinion
Maybe we need a new thread for this, or everyone can jump to 7G but according to "sources", since the Dark Horse R is going to be setup from the factory as a stripped out model with it's own carbon wheels, the baseline is going to be a lot higher which is encouraging.

Motor Trend wrote their own article expanding on information from Ford Authority. The likelihood of a 2026 "GT500" or some other performance variant seems very strong. It seems a bit odd for Ford to just make a standalone GT500 in isolation. But something is being developed. @Wildcardfox had alluded to something like this in another thread.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/s650-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-coming-in-2025-as-2026-model/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/2026-gt500-mustang-s650-rendered-by-motor-trend.156339/

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens here. It appears gas engine sports cars will be moving to MFG niche lines moving into the future as "race track only" models. That's a lot of speculation on my part but I'm just splicing together bits of info from various sources.

If they make a "GT500" or something that is truly setup for lightweight with composite body panels/frame or something and the V8 from the Dark Horse R with a high rev limit + extra power....I'm going to be excited and pissed at the same time. I really just want to enjoy my 500 and not be thinking about the next best things dammit....lol. Marketing is too good these days....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I really just want to enjoy my 500 and not be thinking about the next best things dammit....lol.
Thomas, there is always going to be a next "best thing", always is. But I highly doubt there will ever be another Predator GT500. Regardless, you own an awesome car, one many of us would love to have. Just drive the crap out of it and enjoy. Life is short!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Thomas, there is always going to be a next "best thing", always is. But I highly doubt there will ever be another Predator GT500. Regardless, you own an awesome car, one many of us would love to have. Just drive the crap out of it and enjoy. Life is short!
Planned obsolescence is always prevalent....

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
You are of course, very right.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Maybe we need a new thread for this, or everyone can jump to 7G but according to "sources", since the Dark Horse R is going to be setup from the factory as a stripped out model with it's own carbon wheels, the baseline is going to be a lot higher which is encouraging.

Motor Trend wrote their own article expanding on information from Ford Authority. The likelihood of a 2026 "GT500" or some other performance variant seems very strong. It seems a bit odd for Ford to just make a standalone GT500 in isolation. But something is being developed. @Wildcardfox had alluded to something like this in another thread.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/s650-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-coming-in-2025-as-2026-model/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/2026-gt500-mustang-s650-rendered-by-motor-trend.156339/

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens here. It appears gas engine sports cars will be moving to MFG niche lines moving into the future as "race track only" models. That's a lot of speculation on my part but I'm just splicing together bits of info from various sources.

If they make a "GT500" or something that is truly setup for lightweight with composite body panels/frame or something and the V8 from the Dark Horse R with a high rev limit + extra power....I'm going to be excited and pissed at the same time. I really just want to enjoy my 500 and not be thinking about the next best things dammit....lol. Marketing is too good these days....

Better get my allocation now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

You mean like the FP350S during the GT350 days? Remember that car had no VIN and was a dedicated race car. Sure, something like that is possible, and its not "sources", but instead something Ford came right out and said in the release. Specifics are not specific, but general enough to make a 350 vs FP350S comparison. Like the FP350S, the number of vehicles produced will be extremely limited and very sought after.

As for a 500 way down the road, anything is possible. The rendition you see in the one article is pure speculation. more accurate info will leak as we.get.closer to whatever variant they develop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Who cares
No, you care....as you say...."I will bet you" that you do. It's coming....

Just revived the thread. Hope I made your Saturday. :turkey::sun:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No, you care....as you say...."I will bet you" that you do. It's coming....

Just revived the thread. Hope I made your Saturday. :turkey::sun:
Again, who cares?

The subject was 2023 GT500.

What's the wager?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I do not believe the 2022 GT500 was the last supercharged gas power mustang. There is just no way Ford silently killed it with 2022 model year coming to a end. Still money to be made on a another GT500. They will be releasing special editions like what Dodge is doing.
Sponsored