Sponsored

2023 GT500

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not sure if it is true or not but the business news reports that Ford is losing it's shirt on the EV's.

Yea, with the current top management they don't like any ICE car or truck.
I have no clue if it is accurate or not, but they did dump $1.2 billion with a B into Rivian so they have long term plans to make the EV market profitable. The F-150 Lighting will make or brake their EV venture.

I reserved a Lighting in July 2021 and have heard nothing on it's production status.

This article seems to contradict your statement but I am no finance guy. I mean I have a BBA in Finance but have not used my degree in 26 years. LOL. The article is 6 months old so consider that.

Ford’s futuristic forecasting dates back to its founder’s innovations. CarBuzz notes the ways its recent commitment to electric vehicles helped aim them toward the future in a country where gas prices are volatile and green energy becomes the norm. As such, the company invested $1.2 billion in Rivian during the pandemic, which contributed to initial losses but is now paying off in droves.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-investment-rivian-paid-off/

I assume the $1.2 billion includes the $500,000,000 investment made earlier.

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/ford-500-million-investment-rivian/65835/#:~:text=The latest big name to,by Ford president Joe Hinrichs.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford is probably missing an opportunity here with the Z06 coming in much higher than anticipated at a starting $106K and getting well north of there for the Z07 package. I am on a number of forums/groups where the MSRP and expected insane Z06 ADMs are making a lot of people jump ship. I would do one more year of GT500 to close out S550 and try to ramp up production to get more out at MSRP.
S650 special editions are going to be a while, I'd bet. But I see what you're getting at.

Ford is in the business to make money. You have to wonder how many more GT500s they could have moved at list (assuming they could actually produce them in the current supply chain scenario). Not everybody has an interest in paying ~$80K for a Mustang, so they would still be a rarity amongst the herd. I would have bit at list, but when trying to buy a car becomes anything resembling stressful work, forget it. No doubt there are a few of us. It boggles the mind a bit when a company operates in a fashion where they turn away otherwise paying customers.

Same deal with Broncos, which is almost even more of a game as of this writing.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Ford is probably missing an opportunity here with the Z06 coming in much higher than anticipated at a starting $106K and getting well north of there for the Z07 package. I am on a number of forums/groups where the MSRP and expected insane Z06 ADMs are making a lot of people jump ship. I would do one more year of GT500 to close out S550 and try to ramp up production to get more out at MSRP.
Can't imagine Corvette guy jumping ship to a Ford Mustang or GT 500. Ford has always
been the more innovative company, but Corvettes have a niche.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
That's not good. If it's anything like my buddy who was 100% onboard for going all electric, all of his issues were software related. In the last 2.5 years he bought an Audi E-tron, Mercedes EQS, and Tesla plaid (more the user interface but again software related). He since dumped all of them due to issues. One I found funny was the Merc. Due to a software issue, the car thought the 12 volt battery was dead and the car became a brick even though the main battery was fully charged. The car would not move, turn on, nada. On top of that, had he opened her up and tried to jump start the car, 100% warranty voided. Mercedes warned him several times DO NOT try to jump start the car so he conceded and had it towed to the dealership. The fix was a software update.
The E-tron was a complete shitshow from day one. It was one of the first in the US and first in TX. Audi bought it back under the lemon law. Total POS. He had it for 10 months and it was in the shop for 8 of those months.

There are still serious growing pains not doubt. The last straw on the Merc was he drove to Durango, CO from HTX. He mapped out his charging route complete with charging time etc. Half of the charging stations were down due to....... software updates and the other stations were charging at lower rates so his travel time was increased by 8 hours!!!!!! 8 hours added to his previous planned travel time with charging stops planned with padded charging times.

He never ran out of juice, but not a pleasant trip. He sold the Merc the following week and went back to ICE.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What about an alleged 23 500?

hotjava66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
I would say with the official announcement today that the Raptor R is getting the Predator engine that’s the end for the current Shelby. These engines will be gone at end of 24 anyway due to EPA rules unless things change so 2 years of Raptor R and that’s the end. Have also read or heard somewhere that the Romeo plant that builds the engines is also being phased out or shutdown end of 24 so kind of makes sense. Just my opinion based on rumors and stuff but all kind of lines up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would say with the official announcement today that the Raptor R is getting the Predator engine that’s the end for the current Shelby. These engines will be gone at end of 24 anyway due to EPA rules unless things change so 2 years of Raptor R and that’s the end. Have also read or heard somewhere that the Romeo plant that builds the engines is also being phased out or shutdown end of 24 so kind of makes sense. Just my opinion based on rumors and stuff but all kind of lines up.
So just as we have all been saying..... No more Gt500s for 23.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Fingers crossed for a 2023 model year so I can read more ADM threads for at least one more year………

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed for a 2023 model year so I can read more ADM threads for at least one more year………
Yea, and maybe there will be a manual transmission.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Post pictures when you get that 23 GT500 and hang on to it. You will be the only one in the world with one.
How do you know they aren't building one? What proof do you have?

Come on wiseguy....you spoke up

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Two can play this game. What proof do you have they are?
Have I said there will be one? Did I? There is a difference. I'm not being a dick about it. I'm hoping there will be. Again, hoping.
Sponsored