Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
So that car was what mid 150’s to high 150’s with fee’s. Msrp is 115k. So 40k plus over msrp. That’s pretty much the norm for those. That’s hardly a facade.
True- though the question remains. Will it last as society changes? One thing is certain from a pure automotive experience it will last forever as far as I’m concerned. Societal monetary value? Who cares. I’d be happy if I drove it and it turned out normal depreciation. I’d walk away and call it even. With a smirk.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Completely agree.

True- though the question remains. Will it last as society changes? One thing is certain from a pure automotive experience it will last forever as far as I’m concerned. Societal monetary value? Who cares. I’d be happy if I drove it and it turned out normal depreciation. I’d walk away and call it even. With a smirk.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
Prices are all over the map nowadays. When regulated markets, such as the stock market, exhibit this level of volatility, it usually signals the beginning of the end for high (or low) prices and they will revert to the norm, i.e., the prior market average.

In my area, I have been talking with 2 different Ford dealers about doing a deal on a '22 GT500 CFTP HE with my mint '19 blown Bullitt as a partial trade. Dealer 1 is ready to do the deal at $80K (USD) cash + trade with 'only' a $15K mark-up.. Dealer 2 is pleased to take my Bullitt + $105K. So, within a few miles, one dealer is $25K lower than another dealer next door. Dealer 1 is the obvious choice.

But, the big question is: How much does the fun factor increase over my blown Bullitt for a price tag of another $80K?? Answer = not much!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Prices are all over the map nowadays. When regulated markets, such as the stock market, exhibit this level of volatility, it usually signals the beginning of the end for high (or low) prices and they will revert to the norm, i.e., the prior market average.

In my area, I have been talking with 2 different Ford dealers about doing a deal on a '22 GT500 CFTP HE with my mint '19 blown Bullitt as a partial trade. Dealer 1 is ready to do the deal at $80K (USD) cash + trade with 'only' a $15K mark-up.. Dealer 2 is pleased to take my Bullitt + $105K. So, within a few miles, one dealer is $25K lower than another dealer next door. Dealer 1 is the obvious choice.

But, the big question is: How much does the fun factor increase over my blown Bullitt for a price tag of another $80K?? Answer = not much!
I think your blown Bullitt may be the problem. The rule of thumb I was always told by my dealership is always return the car to stock.

This is for two reasons..... first, you very rarely get back what you put into it. Second is that the appearance of aftermarket performance parts, especially a blower, scream of the car has been whooped on. There is no warranty anymore and who knows what they are buying. Run...

I would never, ever buy a used Frankenstein.

It is my opinion that the market is pretty consistent still. Cars are worth much much more now than they were pre covid. The market still has not caught up. Lastly, these specialty vehicles are rare. Rarity does command higher prices if the car is desirable. Since you are shopping for one, after production has ended speaks volumes.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Comparing the two cars is pointless. If you don’t want to spend the money, then that is perfectly ok. But your fi’d Bullit is nothing like like a Cftp 500. No matter how you try to rationalize it. I had a fi’d 20 350 with all the right mods in my opinion(won‘t mean much to some), it was nothing like my Cftp 500. Gt’s are great cars, but there not 350’s, and there not 500’s, no matter what you bolt on to them. If your even remotely entertaining the idea, go see if they’ll let you go for a test drive. I doubt they will but it's worth a shot.

Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Yup, I realize that adding a $10K blower to my Bullitt was a personal indulgence and wouldn't add much value. The 2 GT500 CFTP HE dealers in my area both placed the GT500's negotiated price at $125K but the trade value differs greatly. Dealer #1 = $45K (which is $5K under my all-in cost) and dealer #2 thinks I'm just a dumb gearhead and prices my trade at $20K. I know these numbers are very vague but the final cash numbers aren't. So, today I'm going down to dealer #1 to purse their deal.

I also noticed that www.classic.com just emailed me about 6 '22 GT500s coming up for auction at Kissimmee and 2 are CFTP HE. It should be interesting to see what the market price is after this auction. And, then there are all the other January auctions at BJ etc. Also, another GT500CFTP HE didn't sell on BaT yesterday and only got a high bid of $99K. Yup, times are a'changin.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
The one that just went on BAT wasn’t a Cftp HE, just a base. It was still with no sale 15k over msrp. Thats still very good considering the time year and the cars are still in some dealers. Once they are no longer available from any dealers the price’s will most likely go up. I don’t think they’ll get the quick high bumps the HER’s did but they will get there. The clown that told you 20k would have gotten some pretty choice words if it was me. If you do work a deal on the first one I’d go rub his nose in it afterwards. Just a suggestion, its not a big deal to put the car back to stock if you saved the parts. That’s if your not happy with the trade in offer. Best of luck. The HE500’s are really pretty.

Yup, I realize that adding a $10K blower to my Bullitt was a personal indulgence and wouldn't add much value. The 2 GT500 CFTP HE dealers in my area both placed the GT500's negotiated price at $125K but the trade value differs greatly. Dealer #1 = $45K (which is $5K under my all-in cost) and dealer #2 thinks I'm just a dumb gearhead and prices my trade at $20K. I know these numbers are very vague but the final cash numbers aren't. So, today I'm going down to dealer #1 to purse their deal.

I also noticed that www.classic.com just emailed me about 6 '22 GT500s coming up for auction at Kissimmee and 2 are CFTP HE. It should be interesting to see what the market price is after this auction. And, then there are all the other January auctions at BJ etc. Also, another GT500CFTP HE didn't sell on BaT yesterday and only got a high bid of $99K. Yup, times are a'changin.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I went over to dealer#1 today and talked with the owner of the dealership. His car is a '22 GT500 and he let me take it for a spin, with him of course. The power is very similar to my blown Bullitt as were all the bells and whistles. I am more inclined to a sleeper like the unbadged Bullitt than the in-your-face GT500, stripes and badges and all. Also, the Bullitt color is more to my taste than the Brittainy Blue. But the real shocker was the lack of a stick shift. The automatic was OK but the fun factor was way down.
As everyone says: "Each to his own.", so I stay with my blown Bullitt and save $80K with a higher fun factor as the result of this exercise.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I went over to dealer#1 today and talked with the owner of the dealership. His car is a '22 GT500 and he let me take it for a spin, with him of course. The power is very similar to my blown Bullitt as were all the bells and whistles. I am more inclined to a sleeper like the unbadged Bullitt than the in-your-face GT500, stripes and badges and all. Also, the Bullitt color is more to my taste than the Brittainy Blue. But the real shocker was the lack of a stick shift. The automatic was OK but the fun factor was way down.
As everyone says: "Each to his own.", so I stay with my blown Bullitt and save $80K with a higher fun factor as the result of this exercise.
Well at least you know what you want now.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
... But the real shocker was the lack of a stick shift. The automatic was OK but the fun factor was way down ...
Not if you keep your Bullitt! Vroom vroom! Stick shift ftw!

giphy.gif

1672966655918.png

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lol, you weren’t aware the Gt500 ws a Dct transmission. If it’s all about the power there’s no reason to move up to a 500. The whole reason a fi’d my 350 was because I wanted to keep the tremec. I completely get liking the manual. That’s actually pretty cool he let you drive it. That’s a rarity, says a lot.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
duh, of course I knew the GT500 was an automatic but...plastic paddle shifters? Where's the meat?

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
duh, of course I knew the GT500 was an automatic but...plastic paddle shifters? Where's the meat?
The meat is in the 30k forged engine and the 20k transmission lol. Did you take any turns by chance? I've driven a few GTs and the 500 feels like a completely different car to me...

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There will be plenty of GT500’s for sale in the next year or two when something new comes out.
Maybe they will call it the mighty horse. Will come with an all aluminum 6.2 with double overhead cam heads, DCT and optional Tremec and analog dash.

Mustang goes out with a bang

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Maybe they will call it the mighty horse. Will come with an all aluminum 6.2 with double overhead cam heads, DCT and optional Tremac and analog dash.

Mustang goes out with a bang
I think I'd actually be more embarrassed driving a car named mighty horse than dark horse, and I didn't think that could be possible
Sponsored