Sponsored

2022 Order Questions

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have to double check everything. I ordered crystal and they put grey assuming I made and error.

Anyone know what the time frame is from production next week to dealer delivery in Montana or area?
From the research I’ve done on this forum looking at previous people’s experience, it seems to be about 4-6 weeks from production to delivery.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
USE THE 2022 ORDER GUIDE for all the options and colors you want, as well as checking if the option combo you want is ok, and just give the dealer the list of Code #s for the options and color you want. The Order Guide is here:

Attachments

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
You are welcome.

I don't know all the inner details of what and how Ford does everything -- the cradle to grave processes of taking an order to Production, and ultimately getting it on a truck or train and then to a dealership. I work in a similar industry, where we take orders from customers, produce them, ship them, etc. I am one of those back-end IT/ERP guys who keeps the pulse on our information and production systems, that watch all the orders come in, see how they flow through the production line, get built-up, packaged, shipped and ultimately in the hands of the customer. I've been on teams where we design systems to keep customers informed and up-to-date (via email and status on our corporate website) to a certain level of information. Why did I say "certain level of information"? If you are wondering, then that is where things get interesting. I've told all our customer-facing business units (Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.) that we can design the systems to show and give the customer a lot more detail on order status and information. But we get a lot of push-back from those business units and managers. They often muzzle us from sharing too much information in our order/production systems with customers, because they are fearful of sharing that much information. Lots of reasons behind that, which I won't detail here. I'm sure if I had a talk with the Ford IT / ERP team(s), they might tell me of similar stories and woes.
Case in point. When I ordered my 16 Focus RS I was still an active Ford employee (retired now) and I had access to the dealer tracking web site. I could track the same info that the dealer can.
That vehicle was manufactured in Germany. I figured out the shipping company that transported it across the Atlantic, I researched and found out what ship and how to track it. I stopped by one day and showed my salesman a picture of the ship and where it was at that time. (in the middle of the Atlantic) I think he was pretty sure I was full of ****. :crackup:

ZENITH_LEADER.jpg

Later on I called and told him that the truck with my car on it was about 30 minutes from the dealer and I was going to stop by to see it unloaded. His response was "How could you possibly know that?" He was convinced when the truck and I showed up at about the same time.:)

I am sure it was frustrating that your customer knows more about the process than the dealer does.

When we ordered my Mach 1 he just said let me know when it is close to being here.:crackup::crackup:

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Case in point. When I ordered my 16 Focus RS I was still an active Ford employee (retired now) and I had access to the dealer tracking web site. I could track the same info that the dealer can.
That vehicle was manufactured in Germany. I figured out the shipping company that transported it across the Atlantic, I researched and found out what ship and how to track it. I stopped by one day and showed my salesman a picture of the ship and where it was at that time. (in the middle of the Atlantic) I think he was pretty sure I was full of ****. :crackup:

ZENITH_LEADER.jpg

Later on I called and told him that the truck with my car on it was about 30 minutes from the dealer and I was going to stop by to see it unloaded. His response was "How could you possibly know that?" He was convinced when the truck and I showed up at about the same time.:)

I am sure it was frustrating that your customer knows more about the process than the dealer does.

When we ordered my Mach 1 he just said let me know when it is close to being here.:crackup::crackup:
Good story there @gfitzge2!

My car is currently on a train and just days away from being delivered to the dealership. I've been watching, documenting and tracking the best that I can since I started the order process back in December. Two days ago I went into my dealership to see if they might be able to tell me the railcar my car is on, because I know with that information I can track the train's progress as it rolls from the Chicago to Portland on the Union Pacific railway. My salesman and the sales manager I originally worked with weren't in the dealership that day, so I was working with another sales manager who was on the sales floor. This other sales manager told me there was no way I could get that information (rail car information), but I kept quiet to not aggravate the situation, even though I know their systems have that information.

Next thing I told him was that the Ford Order Tracking website hasn't been working for weeks, and there was really no way for me to stay on top of vehicle shipment updates. The sales manager asked me how I knew about this so-called Ford Order Tracking website. I responded that I get Ford emails about it, that it was public knowledge, it is on Ford's website, etc. He seemed surprised. I knew at that time I was dealing with someone not really knowledgeable about such things. I continued, explaining that there are Ford enthusiast internet forums (like this one) where members actively share information about things. He dismissed that notion, likening forums such as this to spreading mostly bad and erroneous information.

The last thing I did with this sales manager is walk over to a nearby computer on the sales floor. I asked him to show me Ford's Order Tracking website, as I had in my hand my order number and VIN. I didn't say anything or help, but I watched him struggle to try and find the Ford Order Tracking website -- took him a good few minutes to finally get there, even using Google search. That further affirmed to me that he really didn't know. He finally got to the Ford Order tracking website, and typed in my order number and VIN. As he was clicking the submit button said with certainty that we'll get the answers I seek. A few seconds later the "vehicle not found in system" popup message appeared. He was visibly frustrated. Enough egg had been put on his face, and I didn't want to make matters worse. Again, this wasn't my usual salesman or sales manager I normally work with, so I just chalked this up to me getting unlucky that day, and having to work with a sales manager who really didn't know.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
Good story there @gfitzge2!

My car is currently on a train and just days away from being delivered to the dealership. I've been watching, documenting and tracking the best that I can since I started the order process back in December. Two days ago I went into my dealership to see if they might be able to tell me the railcar my car is on, because I know with that information I can track the train's progress as it rolls from the Chicago to Portland on the Union Pacific railway. My salesman and the sales manager I originally worked with weren't in the dealership that day, so I was working with another sales manager who was on the sales floor. This other sales manager told me there was no way I could get that information (rail car information), but I kept quiet to not aggravate the situation, even though I know their systems have that information.

Next thing I told him was that the Ford Order Tracking website hasn't been working for weeks, and there was really no way for me to stay on top of vehicle shipment updates. The sales manager asked me how I knew about this so-called Ford Order Tracking website. I responded that I get Ford emails about it, that it was public knowledge, it is on Ford's website, etc. He seemed surprised. I knew at that time I was dealing with someone not really knowledgeable about such things. I continued, explaining that there are Ford enthusiast internet forums (like this one) where members actively share information about things. He dismissed that notion, likening forums such as this to spreading mostly bad and erroneous information.

The last thing I did with this sales manager is walk over to a nearby computer on the sales floor. I asked him to show me Ford's Order Tracking website, as I had in my hand my order number and VIN. I didn't say anything or help, but I watched him struggle to try and find the Ford Order Tracking website -- took him a good few minutes to finally get there, even using Google search. That further affirmed to me that he really didn't know. He finally got to the Ford Order tracking website, and typed in my order number and VIN. As he was clicking the submit button said with certainty that we'll get the answers I seek. A few seconds later the "vehicle not found in system" popup message appeared. He was visibly frustrated. Enough egg had been put on his face, and I didn't want to make matters worse. Again, this wasn't my usual salesman or sales manager I normally work with, so I just chalked this up to me getting unlucky that day, and having to work with a sales manager who really didn't know.
First of all. Congratulations on your purchase. Hope you like it as much as I do mine.

It is kind of amazing to me that so many dealer people are so much in the dark about their products and process. Even someone that is supposed to be a sales manager.

I have been dealing with the same salesman for over 20 years. He is their top sales person year over year and does their truck ordering. He is always willing give me any info I ask for. Full disclosure - as a retired Ford employee I get Z plan price. (same as A plan)

Of course the Mach was not a "plan" eligible car.

I hear Ford is updating their dealer ordering system so the old site has been a bit sketchy recently.

Also in the past My Focus stayed in the tracking system for months after it was delivered but my Ranger disappeared almost immediately after it was delivered. It is possible it is already out of the system.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
First of all. Congratulations on your purchase. Hope you like it as much as I do mine.

It is kind of amazing to me that so many dealer people are so much in the dark about their products and process. Even someone that is supposed to be a sales manager.

I have been dealing with the same salesman for over 20 years. He is their top sales person year over year and does their truck ordering. He is always willing give me any info I ask for. Full disclosure - as a retired Ford employee I get Z plan price. (same as A plan)

Of course the Mach was not a "plan" eligible car.

I hear Ford is updating their dealer ordering system so the old site has been a bit sketchy recently.

Also in the past My Focus stayed in the tracking system for months after it was delivered but my Ranger disappeared almost immediately after it was delivered. It is possible it is already out of the system.
Thank you for your words, experience and insight -- much appreciated!

Well, by my own searching and digging, I discovered that my car completed its Chicago to Portland train ride, rolling into town in the past day. It was just unloaded and recorded at the Ford rail yard here in the Portland area. After searching each day for the past week, I finally saw my car's VIN appear in the past couple hours indicating as such (see screenshot below) at the unitedroadlogistics.com website.

Now it is just a matter of a delivery semi-truck picking it up and piggybacking the car about 10 miles from the rail yard area to the dealership. Hopefully should happen in the next day or two.

20220307-AtPortlandRailyard-FIRSTSEEN.PNG

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread or use this one

Will Ford install exhaust for you, like Roush or Corsa?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread or use this one

Will Ford install exhaust for you, like Roush or Corsa?
If you are talking about dealers, some will do pretty much whatever you want to pay for. Some are Roush dealers and I'm sure would love to sell you and install one of their parts. You might be better off buying direct and have someone else install it.

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
OK. My production date was supposed to be this week, but every time I checked the order status link, it said "status still unavailable". So yesterday I contacted Ford Performance to see if they could give me a "real" update. I wanted to verify that my car was being built this week & did not know if the lack of info was because the site was down or just not updated to current status, or if production was not happening. They advised that my car was being built & today I received confirmation from Ford telling me production was complete & delivery to my dealer should be between Apr 6-Apr 12. That message includes a link for the window sticker & order status confirmation, but the link still says "status unavailable". Also, my dealer says based on past experience, he is not expecting delivery until end of April to early May.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
OK. My production date was supposed to be this week, but every time I checked the order status link, it said "status still unavailable". So yesterday I contacted Ford Performance to see if they could give me a "real" update. I wanted to verify that my car was being built this week & did not know if the lack of info was because the site was down or just not updated to current status, or if production was not happening. They advised that my car was being built & today I received confirmation from Ford telling me production was complete & delivery to my dealer should be between Apr 6-Apr 12. That message includes a link for the window sticker & order status confirmation, but the link still says "status unavailable". Also, my dealer says based on past experience, he is not expecting delivery until end of April to early May.
Take this for what it's worth, yesterday my dealer told me it will probably be delivered a month or so after it's built, in my case that's 5/2.

I was looking at the Flat Rock plant outside his window when he was telling me this, so if it may take me a month, seems like it may others as well.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Take this for what it's worth, yesterday my dealer told me it will probably be delivered a month or so after it's built, in my case that's 5/2.

I was looking at the Flat Rock plant outside his window when he was telling me this, so if it may take me a month, seems like it may others as well.
That's probably a good ballpark estimate. Just hope yours doesn't get stuck like another guy's Mustang. Over 30 days at choo-choo train depot, it's maybe an hour away or so, and still no word on ETA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC

Yea. I guess that is what my salesperson was saying; built today & delivery end of April to early May, despite Ford saying delivery Apr 6-Apr 12. And what is the problem with the tracking site not working?

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
That's probably a good ballpark estimate. Just hope yours doesn't get stuck like another guy's Mustang. Over 30 days at choo-choo train depot, it's maybe an hour away or so, and still no word on ETA.
Right? My dealer is 200 yards from the FR plant, if it gets stuck on a train, for some reason, I'll be unhappy.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Right? My dealer is 200 yards from the FR plant, if it gets stuck on a train, for some reason, I'll be unhappy.
If they put your Mustang on a train at all, I'd be pissed off. They probably still deliver them by truck, shortest haul in history.
Sponsored