OP

Ghomer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
All Mustangs tick. Most of the noise is the DI. None of it hurts anything.

Selling the car because of ticks is...............a choice.
Tick was bbq tick NOT injection! And piston slap at 800k is sad on a new engine. Paying close to $50,000 to liston to an LS 4.8/5.3/6.0 like engine piston like slap and typewriter like noise is sad! Choice ? Yes.. good choice!! I only posted it to let others know the problems like we all see regarding piston slap and typewriter tick is still happening on the 2022 mustang

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bought a new 2022 Mustang Gt base 5 speed and on way home stopped to buy a coffee (2 hour drive home from dealership,) and in the line up parked beside building I can here a lifter tick.....Nope! Dreaded bbq tick at 130 kilometers and 800 kilometers later on cold start up it sounds like piston slap. Called dealership I purchased from and they said "Normal operating characteristic of the coyote 5.0.) I saved 2 small video clips too. Sad to say I got rid of the stang 4650kms later.
Seems like you wasted a lot of money on a non-issue. Can you tell me what engine does not make any ticks, rattles, clicks, buzzes, hisses or similar? Every engine has its "signature" noise. I get that you maybe did not like the tick sound itself. Maybe a click or buzz is more to your liking :cool:

OP
OP

Ghomer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Seems like you wasted a lot of money on a non-issue. Can you tell me what engine does not make any ticks, rattles, clicks, buzzes, hisses or similar? Every engine has its "signature" noise. I get that you maybe did not like the tick sound itself. Maybe a click or buzz is more to your liking :cool:
The tick was liveable. Piston slap no. And when is piston slap a "non issue," maybe you like and engine that dies this and blows up after warranty... Not me.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
did dealer confirm piston slap? What was their offer to correct?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The tick was liveable. Piston slap no. And when is piston slap a "non issue," maybe you like and engine that dies this and blows up after warranty... Not me.
Are you sure it was piston slap? It is a different sound more of a knock than a tick. The a dealer should have been able to tell pretty easily if it were piston slap. I would agree with you if it was actually piston slap, that would be an issue...the bbq tick....not a issue other than maybe just that particular sound bothering you.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
At this point I think we have is a troll. He only joined to trash a car he already got rid of and his only posts are defending the trashing of the mustang.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
At this point I think we have is a troll. He only joined to trash a car he already got rid of and his only posts are defending the trashing of the mustang.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!
awe come on, we were just playin with our pet.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
I'm new here, but why is it called a barbecue tick? Ribs? Brisket?

Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
cause the tic sounds like the BBQ lighter when you push the button, that tic tic tic sound.
I think it s also know as the typewriter tic, same reason.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I’m not sure if mine makes any “abnormal“ noises because my hearing sucks and the h-pipe drowns out the rest. Also, I only walk around the back of the car when it’s running.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Tick was bbq tick NOT injection! And piston slap at 800k is sad on a new engine. Paying close to $50,000 to liston to an LS 4.8/5.3/6.0 like engine piston like slap and typewriter like noise is sad! Choice ? Yes.. good choice!! I only posted it to let others know the problems like we all see regarding piston slap and typewriter tick is still happening on the 2022 mustang
Please provide your proof there was piston slap. Show us the photos, show us the diagnostic report after tear-down.

Type-writer like noises??

Cars make noises. They all do. Direct injection makes a tremendous racket. OHC chains and tensioners make noises. Transmissions make noises. All sorts of things make noises. None of it is a mechanical problem or hurts performance. There's millions of these engines doing huge miles in both Mustangs and F-150s.

Nothing that you experienced was a problem, nor does anyone need to be told that in 2022 vehicles still make noises.

I think you need to buy a Tesla to be happy.

Last edited:

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Where are the 2 videos he mentioned? Troll lies….
Sponsored