Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
You can get it in orange? How cool! Well, already have a ROUSH going, I am good. But this looks awesome!
1672491701974.png

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I did a whipple install on a 2009 Gt a few year ago and their air intake was a new closed box. if I remember correctly, it was a modified 2010 factory lid. And it would not bolt on because the 2009 mustangs ABS is right in the way. they wanted me to bend the line on the abs(no way). I had them sell me the old whipple open element intake at $400, but besides that issue, the kit went together nice.I hope when I get a whipple for the Mach 1 they fix this tank issue.
I hope so too. One of the reasons I put this thread together. Hopefully the pictures show the issues and when you or someone installs or has someone install the problem is known. OR maybe when you order they send the right pieces.

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can get it in orange? How cool! Well, already have a ROUSH going, I am good. But this looks awesome!
1672491701974.png
I almost switched mine to yellow. I thought that would really pop with the purple. When I thought about it my order was already placed for several weeks. It would have pushed the delivery time back several weeks. Now with this issue I had I cant imagine if I would have gotten the right one or not from the beginning. I kinda think that the black was easy for them to ship out right away to replace the mistake. Had it been yellow or any specific color, it couldve been delayed further but I dont know and that not how it happened :)

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know why u need a tank.I guess for extra capacity in the system. It does seem the tanks smaller then the mustang Tank.
The system has the tank and a pump to send the coolant from the tank back to the unit. I thought all SC units had some form of tank. The Roush I had also had a tank but up front on top next to the radiator overflow tank. They looked almost identical.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
The system has the tank and a pump to send the coolant from the tank back to the unit. I thought all SC units had some form of tank. The Roush I had also had a tank but up front on top next to the radiator overflow tank. They looked almost identical.
My 03 cobra doesn’t have a tank just one on top of radiator support to see the level& the 2009 mustang whipple kit didn’t have one either just the tiny level check bottle. Maybe its something new kit have.I can see the Mach 1 is a lot smaller then the mustang gt tank

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully whipple address this problem and correct it.maybe the Mach 1 has a slightly different airbox and u got a Mustang kit with a F150 head unit🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully whipple address this problem and correct it.maybe the Mach 1 has a slightly different airbox and u got a Mustang kit with a F150 head unit🤦‍♂️
I suppose it could be the Mustang airbox, not one specifically for the Mach. Being able to go to the car and really look at it from all angles and talk it over with James, the coolant tank is wrong, not the airbox. The airbox matches very well but the coolant lines are not permitting from dropping down far enough to fit where it belongs.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a gt350 tank 🤔.I would think the Mach 1 kit would be close to a GT 350 kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a gt350 tank 🤔.I would think the Mach 1 kit would be close to a GT 350 kit.
Hmmm, thats a good point and worth my time to check around for where that is placed and what it looks like. I've been to a few websites that sell the whipple products and I havent been able to find pics of it. If I find anything I'll post it.
Thanks!

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
👍

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
James spoke to a Whipple installer who was giving some thoughts on how to make the coolant tank and airbox fit. He basically said the tank was not the correct one.
In the end James got everything mounted without carving up the intake but did some grinding on the rail to allow the hoses to move lower. I couldn't get a great picture because the airbox is installed. But here's a photo from the other day. I highlighted the rail.
Supposed to start it up today and let it run, check for leaks, etc.

PXL_20221229_154323497~2.jpg

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thanks for the update.

I must say what a terrible welding job on the tank lol

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I can’t wait to see the one I’ll get with a newer kit,but u did get the wrong tank.I can’t beleave u needs 4 hoses on that tank
Sponsored