Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
1 or 2 seconds either way is meaningless on the street.

Sadly, Porsche cars don't elicit an emotional response from me anymore. Mach 1 and every 2015+ does.
You don't drive a spec sheet. There will always be faster cars/drivers. When I was younger I was hyper focused on the numbers and had a hard time understanding why someone would buy a 'slow' brand when choosing a sports car. Its all about how it makes you feel.
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Does anyone know if your OWN Insurance covers any loss if an accident occurs with their cars at Mach Attack? My insurance covers a rental car, should it not cover the track car use?

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I'm signed up for the two day class March 13 -15, cup tires and insurance. Considering driving from NY but winter weather might win that decision. I'll be tracking the Mach 1 at Pocono Raceway in June with Team Shelby event. Then later in June at Indy Raceway with Shelby American Auto Club. Track Attack should be a good tune up for the Driver (Me)
Does anyone know if your OWN Insurance covers any loss if an accident occurs with their cars at Mach Attack? My insurance covers a rental car, should it not cover the track car use?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
No. Standard auto insurance covers cars specifically listed on the policy. Most also exclude “racing.”

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Almost no regular insurance these days will even cover your own car on the track (and they might drop you for even asking), let alone someone else's car on the track.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
It does depend on the insurance. Some seem to only exclude "timed event."

Best bet is to read / check with your insurance company to verify.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1

Thanks for the heads up. State Farm seems to exclude this event from coverage.
1645127618152.png

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

Yah, if you have an instructor in the car it matters sometimes too. Its an driver training event then.
always weird that they will cover you stuffing it up in the canyons, but not in a safe controlled environment.

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
You buy the $200 insurance when you book your track date. The ins is optional but It’s recommended.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Signed up for May 11-12, got the insurance and video
Was going to Go in March but just seen there are no dates for March any more.going to sign up for the may 11&12 too

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Honest question, can you name an example insurance provider that offers such coverage? And/or do you have to upgrade to or ask for a specific tier of coverage?

I have heard this for years, and I think it probably was at least true at some point, but no one I've ever talked to seems to personally have this kind of coverage. I've only heard vague references to its potential existence. Some half-hearted googling didn't give me any reliable results, either, but I haven't tried that in a while...

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Honest question, can you name an example insurance provider that offers such coverage? And/or do you have to upgrade to or ask for a specific tier of coverage?

I have heard this for years, and I think it probably was at least true at some point, but no one I've ever talked to seems to personally have this kind of coverage. I've only heard vague references to its potential existence. Some half-hearted googling didn't give me any reliable results, either, but I haven't tried that in a while...
My input is based on what I noticed in my policy from about 5 years ago...last time I was on the track. The reality is language/exclusions in policies can change every time you renew...thus the rereading of the policy.

The reality is I would probably purchase track day insurance at the local track to eliminate any issues now that I have the Mach 1.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Take the track insurance. I did the GT350 Track Attack last year. And throughout the year, there were a few drivers who hit the wall during inclimate weather. And at least one of them didn't have the insurance, leaving him responsible for the full cost of fixing the car. Remember, they still do the course even if it's raining. But also keep in mind, even with the insurance, you're liability can still be up too $5K. But $5K, is still better than $60K to replace a car.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone happen to know if any of the Mach 1s they let you drive out there do NOT have the handling pack? It would be kind of nice to drive a car that would actually handle like mine would.
Sponsored