Sponsored

2022 Mach 1 Handling Package-Yay or Nay?

seltzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1ā€¦on order.
Also, I should be clear: I'm referring to Mach 1 orders with both the HP and 700A leather seats. You probably have a good chance with 600A/HP up until maybe July-ish. The same likely applies for 700A/HP with Recaro seats. For whatever reason, 700A/HP with the standard leather seats got cancelled the most. Just make sure you are OK with a cancellation or have a backup plan if you order the HP now.
This is encouraging. I placed an order in April for an HP/700A/Recaro Mach 1. Perhaps the additional chips/sensors for the leather seats make it more restrictive. I think Ford started shipping out Explorers with missing chips/sensors.
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
no one knows if they are delaying heated/cooled seats. there has been no official word from Ford. Granger Ford has indicated the same. purely a guessing game.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Ok. I personally would not buy a mach that the owner called an Hp car because they added the components
What if the same person who bolted the wheels, springs, spoilers and bar at the plant came over your house and did it there?

Last edited:

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Your VIN will tell on you and Oasis knows everything. I'm kind of curious I'm how many people had this discussion back during the Boss 302 days if bolting on parts would make their car a Laguna seca edition...
20230627_141613.jpg

Got to mess around with a bolt on HP, It looked good and had all the parts to make it cosmetically the same. Minus the spoiler being gloss black and the wheels being gloss as well as not adding extra track width as the OEMs. It didn't drive quite the same despite having the same tires as mine. But probably not something most people would notice unless they lived with an HP and actually drove it. Mostly it was how the rear of the car felt but the front was a bit off too but possiblity do to it having less camber. Going from sport + to track mode made these differences even greater. He drove mine and thought the same thing.
Owner is looking into getting the steeda magna ride controller and springs now and we'll see how that changes things.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With both the front and rear being ā€œoffā€ did you happen to notice the car feeling like it was going sideways at any time?

Sponsored

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Being serious, we drove the cars down a road called 561, It's mostly back road, not great pavement It's a little rough in some areas. I know the road very well since I drive it nearly every day. Most people reading this forum would die to have roads like this to drive. The difference between my Mach 1 and my previous performance package one with full steada suspension on ultralights is night and day. I dreaded parts of the road due to my stiff suspension on the PP1. The Mach 1 and it's active suspension makes the drive absolutely wonderful despite probably having stiffer springs.
Driving the other one and I don't mean at mini van speeds checking out the pretty tree, 80ish in 10 gear taking the corners without lifting as I normally do. The car felt less ..confident... Still miles better than the performance package, The way the car steered was just a little different and the back end seemed... that fake stepping out a little bit feeling as it leaned into a corner as it had a tad bit more roll over all... A tad floater. His car had a bit more sense of speed, It felt as it was closing in on its limits in some areas where mine fells like it has more on the table. I almost want to say that his track mode felt like it would be my sport ++, not as much firm up. Didn't drive it enough in track to determine if the powertrain or advance track mapping was any different. The powertrain mapping did feel the same and It's doubtful you'll be able to see any difference in the advanced track without taking it to a track. Using the cars on board track app, The handling package managed a 1.9 g stop from 60 with no ABS activation. The other car best was 1.6g which did activate the ABS slightly. Both cars have Michelin PS4s 305s on the front.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m assuming since they just did the cosmetics they missed the 4 springs, rear bar and didnā€™t have the adjustable mounts. Just bolting on the larger wheels and tiresā€¦If true, that would be mismatched.

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
Call me crazy but i passed on the HP and even went the A10 option so my wife could enjoy driving our Mach as well. If I want to do some shifting Iā€™m lucky enough to have a 71 Boss 351 for that kind of fun. Had the Boss on a track recently and have no idea how anyone can race those on the narrow tires that came on the car back then.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Call me crazy but i passed on the HP and even went the A10 option so my wife could enjoy driving our Mach as well. If I want to do some shifting Iā€™m lucky enough to have a 71 Boss 351 for that kind of fun. Had the Boss on a track recently and have no idea how anyone can race those on the narrow tires that came on the car back then.
Youā€˜re not crazy on either count.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I passed on HP as I knew I would not track the car in an serious fashion, and I didn't want the front spoiler as I know I would hit it going in/out of my subdivision on a few problem spots. I really didn't want the Cup 2s. When I bought mine in Apr 21, getting PS4s in that same size was not particularly easy...guess that is not the case anymore. I don't really regret passing on it...guess bragging rights would be nice but that is about it. I actually prefer the more subtle spoiler from most angles. I think the larger spoiler only really looks better from the rear view. The bird's nest wheels do look awesome but the upgraded non-HP are great looking wheels too. I would not have been happy with the stock "magnum" wheels. I just don't think those look good at all...to each his own.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I passed on HP as I knew I would not track the car in an serious fashion, and I didn't want the front spoiler as I know I would hit it going in/out of my subdivision on a few problem spots. I really didn't want the Cup 2s. When I bought mine in Apr 21, getting PS4s in that same size was not particularly easy...guess that is not the case anymore. I don't really regret passing on it...guess bragging rights would be nice but that is about it. I actually prefer the more subtle spoiler from most angles. I think the larger spoiler only really looks better from the rear view. The bird's nest wheels do look awesome but the upgraded non-HP are great looking wheels too. I would not have been happy with the stock "magnum" wheels. I just don't think those look good at all...to each his own.
Just FWIW my 2022 and 2023 non-HP Mach 1s will occasionally scrape a little going in and out of my development too, primarily on bridge transitions. Of course, thatā€™s in track mode but thatā€™s where I choose to live. Iā€™d guess the HP car would be worse.

I too prefer the regular spoiler but Iā€™m old.

Iā€™m not a huge fan of the birdā€™s nest wheels but I have come to really like the optional ā€œ5Yā€ dark gray wheels on my 23. I think those are the ones youā€™re talking about.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
When I drove the HP mach 1 at Track Attack, I didnā€™t realize how much rear visibility you are losing compared to the non HP by virtue of the spoiler height. As a daily, I prefer the lower profile spoiler and the reduced anxiety with ramps/speed bumps. I doubt if I will ever track my car but if I were to do it on occasion, HP with all season tires would be my preferred set up.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Even when tracking it, it depends on the length / complexity of the track too. The added aero starts to work at speeds over 100 mph and you need circuit with long straights to really take advantage of that.

Wider tyres on the other hand work everywhere, on curvy roads or when braking too.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I passed on HP as I knew I would not track the car in an serious fashion
I think the HP is best for someone who doesn't spend time on track. Those who do should be on proper dampers and the MR is a bit of a waste of money.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Yes the 5 Y wheels are what I have on mine...the old PP2 wheels (or they look very similar to those...different size I think).
Sponsored