Sponsored

2022 Mach 1 Handling Package-Yay or Nay?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I believed the plan was to release the H-P kit as a Ford Performance upgrade to the Mach 1 so owners could change from and to either configuration which was a great idea, but I suspect all the parts shortages put the plan on hold. I love the way they left all the spoiler mounts on the Mach 1 which makes adding the parts for track use simple.
Sponsored

Last edited:

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
stop it!

those rolled over cancelled 21 order will get scheduled this week then us early 22 orders will get scheduled for June.

please.

#hope
If you already have an order placed, it'll be built for sure! :thumbsup: I just wanted to mention that it's now a risk to order a HP Mach 1 (700A) right now. I'm not saying do not order a HP now, but warning folks that it might be cancelled (new orders this month and beyond). Last year, I don't think we really knew that Ford would cancel orders and not do anything about it, which totally sucked.

Also, I should be clear: I'm referring to Mach 1 orders with both the HP and 700A leather seats. You probably have a good chance with 600A/HP up until maybe July-ish. The same likely applies for 700A/HP with Recaro seats. For whatever reason, 700A/HP with the standard leather seats got cancelled the most. Just make sure you are OK with a cancellation or have a backup plan if you order the HP now.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
For the $4500 up charge I would choose my own wheels and tires, and an adjustable wing. Then add camber plates and swap out the bars. Not sure if the base comes with magneride. I wouldn't want to try that on my own.

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
If for the streets, HP is for the different look only. A must for tracking. You can enhance the looks yourself without changing the suspension etc that you don't need. Rear spoiler and front fender well lips $300 . Front extra spoiler? Not sure of that price. The only different look would be 1in wider tire on the HP, but they are CUP2's that are terrible unless tracking and only last 6-7k miles anyway.
Where are you finding the Rear Spoiler for $300??

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I'd say no for a street car and made this decision for my car. If you want aspects of the HP you can add what you need (wing, wheels, splitter, camber plates). The cup2s are for the track period. If your tracking it 1-2 a year, the stock tires will be fine.
I'd rather get a HP and change tires then spend thousands more trying to add the HP items later....

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I think some are Misreading my post.

I wouldnā€™t add any HP components myself. Iā€™d keep it stock non HP. That being said if someone wanted the wing for the street - get it. If someone wants the 2nd front splitter - get it. Same for other parts.

The comment was if you want an aspect or two of the HP you can add them if desired

No way is the HP worth the cost for the street and the cup2s are a bad choice for the e street - ride, performance and wear.

The only way to get the HP if you are not tracking the car is if you are putting it away as a collectible and I doubt many here are doing that.

Finally there are many nice choices (dare I say far better than the HP wheels) for custom wheels and tires if you want a different look.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
For the $4500 up charge I would choose my own wheels and tires, and an adjustable wing. Then add camber plates and swap out the bars. Not sure if the base comes with magneride. I wouldn't want to try that on my own.
Same.

Here's what you have to change to go to HP:

Front springs
adjustable strut mounts
Rear springs
rear sway bar
front fender lip molding
rear tire spats
rear wing/swing
lower splitter
wheels/tires

I'm upgrading other items while it's apart. The HP wheels are horrible in my opinion-cannot rotate for track usage and they are way too heavy. Honestly if you're really going to track a car much you'd be better off replacing a lot of the HP parts anyways.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
the base is a loaded GT premium with magnaride and much much more. not really a base.

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
Guys, I'm new in this forum but I've owned Mustangs on and off or a long time. I just got a 2021 Mach 1 with the HP. I actually ordered the car in January '21 and waited all summer for it. It was delivered in October '21 so it sat in my garage until just a few days ago. I got this as a weekend car - I have other cars to drive to work and in the rain and snow.

I haven't driven a new Mustang w/o the HP so I can't make any comparisons to that nor have I driven mine on a track yet but I will say that the HP is totally streetable. I don't find it harsh or hard to drive at all. Yeah you feel the road but that's a GOOD thing. The only thing that I consider a bit off is the choice of tires that come with the HP - it would be nice if they gave other options when ordering the car.

Knowing about the Sport Cup tires' longevity on the street (or lack thereof) my plan is to get another set of wheels and tires that are more suited to street use. I live in Connecticut so the 40-degree temperature thing is really annoying.

What do you guys recommend? I'd like to use the same wheels that came on my car from the factory (a duplicate set) unless that severely limits my tire options.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Guys, I'm new in this forum but I've owned Mustangs on and off or a long time. I just got a 2021 Mach 1 with the HP. I actually ordered the car in January '21 and waited all summer for it. It was delivered in October '21 so it sat in my garage until just a few days ago. I got this as a weekend car - I have other cars to drive to work and in the rain and snow.

I haven't driven a new Mustang w/o the HP so I can't make any comparisons to that nor have I driven mine on a track yet but I will say that the HP is totally streetable. I don't find it harsh or hard to drive at all. Yeah you feel the road but that's a GOOD thing. The only thing that I consider a bit off is the choice of tires that come with the HP - it would be nice if they gave other options when ordering the car.

Knowing about the Sport Cup tires' longevity on the street (or lack thereof) my plan is to get another set of wheels and tires that are more suited to street use. I live in Connecticut so the 40-degree temperature thing is really annoying.

What do you guys recommend? I'd like to use the same wheels that came on my car from the factory (a duplicate set) unless that severely limits my tire options.
If you've waited to plan an order till this late in the model year, (because of covid/supply chain) you would probably stand a better chance of getting a Non-HP sooner, and not cancelled. Just sayin'

The biggest PITA in converting is probably installing and painting the HP "swing" but it is available from Ford for a good price.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@traxiii He already got the car, lol.

@jrpav If you'll put summer tyres on the second set then you can get the same HP bird's nest wheels for $1000 from Levittown Ford or other dealers, hard to beat that price for so gorgeous 10.5/11" wheels. Then put Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S on them. For weekend car and 40+ Ā°F temps it would be fine. Or just wear Cup2s off and replace them then, depends how often will you go to track.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1007k-mach1h.html

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Will be primarily driving this on the street and an occasional track day a couple times a year.

Plan to put a supercharger on it and wondering if the handling package is worth adding? I've already ordered the car and would prefer to not spend the extra cash if it isn't worth the mfor street.
What concerns me most about your question is you are thinking sensibly and attempting to make the best use of your capital.

Seriously though...

I think the path you're on is great, for two reasons:

1. Putting the supercharger on first, on a recently received, new car, makes sense. Everything seats, settles and breaks-in from the start, the entire drivetrain.

2. If you're like me and changed the slightest aspect of your build now, Ford wouldn't send a Mustang, but a shit-colored dump truck with a family of raccoons living in it.

Once you get the car and the charger on it, you can keep setting money aside and rough out the suspension and rim/tire ideas, buying bits and tailoring it to your exact needs and desires.

jrpav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '71 Mach 1, '00 SLK-230, '73 Opel GT
@traxiii He already got the car, lol.

@jrpav If you'll put summer tyres on the second set then you can get the same HP bird's nest wheels for $1000 from Levittown Ford or other dealers, hard to beat that price for so gorgeous 10.5/11" wheels. Then put Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S on them. For weekend car and 40+ Ā°F temps it would be fine. Or just wear Cup2s off and replace them then, depends how often will you go to track.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1007k-mach1h.html
Yeah sounds like a plan. I checked and the Pilot Sport 4S tires are available in the exact same size as the original tires so they will work with original wheels and the car will look original. Thanks for the link for the wheels. That's less expensive than I've been able to find them for.