2022 GT500 order thread

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
The color on the 60s bb cars just seems more blue than the more silver on the 2022. Maybe it’s the angles of the body.
Brittany Blue photographs more silver than it actually is. I had a guy with an all original 1967 GT350 local and would see his car at different shows every Wednesday and Friday and all the bigger car shows for 8 years and it was a beautiful color. The guy passed away last winter, but as soon as I picked up my car, it instantly reminded me that it was damn near the same color as his original paint 1967. A lot of the cars we're seeing now, like the BJ one have been repainted and aren't the same color as they were in 1967.

I didn't quote it, but I forget who it was that knocked Brittany Blue for being a Lincoln color, but Lincoln also had a Brittany Blue in 1967. Kinda ties back into the heritage as well. Since I'm an absolutely huge Mustang guy and love history, as soon as I saw that they were making a Heritage Edition GT500, I knew I had to have one and Brittany Blue is probably the second or Third best 1967 color. Now that I know that it was a Lincoln color as well, it is kind of cooler that way.

There is something to what you're saying here. The 60s cars do look different. So does the media tour car from Nov. Either the lighting and filter is different or they tweeked the color. Also, the 60s cars in BB we're seeing are most likely repainted, so not even sure what it looked like in 1967 or so. I'm seeing 3 different shades here.

2022-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-heritage-edition-09-1636729607.jpg
2022_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500-pic-4653310764985198259-1024x768.jpeg
That picture is really close to what Brittany Blue actually looks like. Now if Ford would have actually used Wimbledon White Vinyl, that would have been nice. This is a supposed Whimbledon White diecast up against the vinyl stripes. I am going to redo my stripes in a vinyl that is close to Wimbledon White and make them the Peter Brock OTT stipes. Also, I linked a post of some Brittany Blue and Black stripes for you. IDK if you've seen a real one yet.

20220724_203659.jpg

https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/2022-gt500-order-buying-tracking.198751/page-230#post-2860548

Well it’s a small dealership and I do alot of business with them and send them business. They said originally $7.500, but the sales manager said we could work on that. The MSRP increased when I made a change on the final order
Nice, another semi local guy. I just moved from White Plains up towards Danbury, CT area.

It showed up this morning. I ran out to pick up a 12 pack of beer and thought what the heck. Let me stop by the dealership and see if they had any shipping updates. At this point all the sales guys know me cause I’ve been stalking them since February. I knew when I got of the truck something was up because they all had shit eating grins. Low and behold my baby is finally here. When I saw it and then the GM started it I actually got a little emotional. Then I realized shit I didn’t bring my phone.. so I told the GM I will be right back. Went home picked up my phone and Champ then went back to the dealership where I took this video. This 12 pack is going to go down super easy. The video isn’t the greatest because I was so geeked up.
I did too when I saw mine and the salesman went in the dealership to go grab something.
Sponsored

Larry NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible
Brittany Blue photographs more silver than it actually is. I had a guy with an all original 1967 GT350 local and would see his car at different shows every Wednesday and Friday and all the bigger car shows for 8 years and it was a beautiful color. The guy passed away last winter, but as soon as I picked up my car, it instantly reminded me that it was damn near the same color as his original paint 1967. A lot of the cars we're seeing now, like the BJ one have been repainted and aren't the same color as they were in 1967.

I didn't quote it, but I forget who it was that knocked Brittany Blue for being a Lincoln color, but Lincoln also had a Brittany Blue in 1967. Kinda ties back into the heritage as well. Since I'm an absolutely huge Mustang guy and love history, as soon as I saw that they were making a Heritage Edition GT500, I knew I had to have one and Brittany Blue is probably the second or Third best 1967 color. Now that I know that it was a Lincoln color as well, it is kind of cooler that way.

That picture is really close to what Brittany Blue actually looks like. Now if Ford would have actually used Wimbledon White Vinyl, that would have been nice. This is a supposed Whimbledon White diecast up against the vinyl stripes. I am going to redo my stripes in a vinyl that is close to Wimbledon White and make them the Peter Brock OTT stipes. Also, I linked a post of some Brittany Blue and Black stripes for you. IDK if you've seen a real one yet.

20220724_203659.jpg

https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/2022-gt500-order-buying-tracking.198751/page-230#post-2860548

Nice, another semi local guy. I just moved from White Plains up towards Danbury, CT area.

I did too when I saw mine and the salesman went in the dealership to go grab something.
The paint has come a long way in 55 years. There was no such thing as base coat/ clear coat paint. This made a total different look in the factory paint from that time

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

20220724_203659.jpg

Thank you very much for posting this. That's the first black stripe car I've seen. Did you get your car? Your sig says on order? The stripes in that photo with the diecast are much brighter. Ford is saying those stripes are not Bright White, they are Wimbledon. It would be interesting to see them side by side.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Thank you very much for posting this. That's the first black stripe car I've seen. Did you get your car? Your sig says on order? The stripes in that photo with the diecast are much brighter. Ford is saying those stripes are not Bright White, they are Wimbledon. It would be interesting to see them side by side.
Kind of. My dealer called me last Saturday to tell me that they weren't receiving any more allocations so I was pretty much SOL. I ended up finding this one 5 and a half hours from me in Virginia so I went down there yesterday and picked it up. It has the handling and tech pack which my car didn't have. I was really just hoping to get a car, I didn't care if it had any options.

20220723_143212.jpg

I already have it broken in after a nice drive through the country side

20220724_185407.jpg

This was one of @Wildcardfox pictures of his car. The painted stripes are Wimbledon White which is why they don't get the side stripes since I believe Ford has mentioned that the colors don't match so they didn't put them on the car.

IMG_20220621_114645.jpg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Kind of. My dealer called me last Saturday to tell me that they weren't receiving any more allocations so I was pretty much SOL. I ended up finding this one 5 and a half hours from me in Virginia so I went down there yesterday and picked it up. It has the handling and tech pack which my car didn't have. I was really just hoping to get a car, I didn't care if it had any options.

20220723_143212.jpg

I already have it broken in after a nice drive through the country side

20220724_185407.jpg

This was one of @Wildcardfox pictures of his car. The painted stripes are Wimbledon White which is why they don't get the side stripes since I believe Ford has mentioned that the colors don't match so they didn't put them on the car.

IMG_20220621_114645.jpg
The configurator shows vinyl stripes in both Bright White and Wimbledon. I guess it's 2 different vinyls available but the latter is still not the same as painted shade. Good to know.

When you found that HE in Virginia, was it slim pickings? I'm seeing a lot of HE cars for sale. Maybe a lot "in transit" or "dealer ordered" status? How many HEs did you negotiate for before you settled on that one? Sorry for questions... not familiar with the available market other than having one on order.

Sponsored

GT350forme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 HE CFTP
I am paying a 10k markup which the cheapest in the northern Virginia area
I picked up my CFTP HE in Virginia for 6k over but I did have a trade in.

@ford20 I also got mine in Virginia 8 hours for me. Buyer backed out on a CFTP HE (one of the many dealerships I called and told them if buyer backs out to call me) and I gave my 6k over HE base order to someone else once I got my CFTP HE. I got you beat 1,067 miles and will continue to go up.

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The car is supposed to be delivered to the dealership today. As luck would have it I cannot pick it up in till Thursday.
The wait continues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Just got the word my 500 CFTP arrived this morning at the dealer! Headed over shortly to inspect and get some first pics

edit. Manger just sent me these

4B3F473B-A4EE-4B61-B9DF-63A3D01BD2CA.jpeg

A3EE73AA-6F5F-400D-BA83-9D92197D288D.jpeg

Last edited:

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Just got the word my 500 CFTP arrived this morning at the dealer! Headed over shortly to inspect and get some first pics

edit. Manger just sent me these

4B3F473B-A4EE-4B61-B9DF-63A3D01BD2CA.jpeg

A3EE73AA-6F5F-400D-BA83-9D92197D288D.jpeg
That looks so good!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for mine with same color combo. Except I got side stripes too.

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
The configurator shows vinyl stripes in both Bright White and Wimbledon. I guess it's 2 different vinyls available but the latter is still not the same as painted shade. Good to know.

When you found that HE in Virginia, was it slim pickings? I'm seeing a lot of HE cars for sale. Maybe a lot "in transit" or "dealer ordered" status? How many HEs did you negotiate for before you settled on that one? Sorry for questions... not familiar with the available market other than having one on order.
Ford actually has always and continues to use painted vinyl stripes meaning the vinyl is painted with paint.
All taped HE cars I’ve seen have been the lighter white while the painted stripe cars I’ve seen are the Wimbledon off white.
I actually played with the vinyl at the plant and didn’t see any Wimbledon vinyl.
-J

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Chassis number N0796 w/ 8.2 miles at delivery. Spent about 35 minutes going over some things at the dealer and it appears that the build quality on initial inspection is pretty good. The only real alignment issue is the trunk center section sits higher than the tail light on the left side ever so slightly. No bolts on the panels under the hood were touched up or anything. No scuffs on wheels or runs in the paint that I could see in light. Car is still dirty and will not be cleaned by the dealer. No frozen hood pins, hoses are where they should be around the supercharger and under the intake, acceptable ford panel gaps and alignment on the doors etc.

more pics

A5AA1191-D81C-4FDF-B732-B928F81ED875.jpeg

2C3BAD2F-B44D-4DCE-8384-50236C5F9567.jpeg

D93C55BA-6479-4388-B24D-14BF41C0F8A7.jpeg

4475214F-B95C-4D48-AA16-716FAC793087.jpeg

F3A14A46-D2E9-437B-924B-F512C01CF1B4.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: