Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Since you seem to know a lot about the process, do you know what it means when your salesman says the rep confirmed the order? My salesman and his manager both said the rep confirmed the order, and I have heard a few other people here and on the other forum say the same thing.
That means you should get a car. In the past it meant you will get a car but in today's world, nothing is a guarantee. When is the question.
Sponsored

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ā€˜22 Gt500 on order
Just so itā€™s clear, because not all dealers know, and not all dealers care, and Ford Performance just reads the status and causes confusion, but everyone here should have the knowledge to push your dealer and order forward or know if your dealer is full of it so you can make other plans.

If your order is sitting in a Priority Code which is not 01-09. Ford has not applied a dealer allocation to your order. Priority Codes above 09 (10-99) mean your order is sitting in a backlog for your dealer only. GT500s do not follow the same COVP process as other orders, and GT500ā€™s donā€™t just get picked up from a dealers Unscheduled Order Bank and scheduled for production.

Your dealers Ford Zone Rep, must move your order to a 01-09 Priority Code. In order for you to have a shot at the car being built.

Unscheduled Material Hold & Unscheduled Clean mean nothing without the priority code. Donā€™t let a careless dealer get away with pushing back.
Itā€™s absolutley possible that dealers are still waiting on additional allocations to be applied to orders for their (ā€œshare of nationā€) allocations as theyā€™re called. These dealers who get more than one would know, they would have been told at the beginning of the MY.

So yes, ask for the VVR if you have any questions on current status, but if you donā€™t have a VIN and a build date, Priority Code is the most important thing to know.

_steps off of soapbox_

so if Iā€™m understanding you correctly I should go sit down with my dealer have them call the regional rep while Iā€™m sitting there in the dealership to see if he can move it to a 02 or 01?

Because my dealer tell me again on Friday that I am set for an August build and it just needs to be switched in the computer? So would be the best piece of advice go sit down talk with the sales manager and have him call regional rep?

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
so if Iā€™m understanding you correctly I should go sit down with my dealer have them call the regional rep while Iā€™m sitting there in the dealership to see if he can move it to a 02 or 01?

Because my dealer tell me again on Friday that I am set for an August build and it just needs to be switched in the computer? So would be the best piece of advice go sit down talk with the sales manager and have him call regional rep?
You should ask your dealer to ask the rep when theyā€™re going to assign your order a Priority code 01/02.

It seems odd that the rep knows your build month, but your order isnā€™t in a position where Ford can even build it.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Since you seem to know a lot about the process, do you know what it means when your salesman says the rep confirmed the order? My salesman and his manager both said the rep confirmed the order, and I have heard a few other people here and on the other forum say the same thing.
Given ā€œconfirmed the orderā€ isnā€™t specific terminology, I have no idea.

If they mean their rep has given them the allocation and your priority code is now 01-09. You should be okay barring any parts constraints. If youā€™re unscheduled Clean and 01-09. Get your hopes up for next round of scheduling.

But if confirmed the order means they were able to place an order in WBDO and it flipped to a UMH or UC status, it means nothing.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
You should ask your dealer to ask the rep when theyā€™re going to assign your order a Priority code 01/02.

It seems odd that the rep knows your build month, but your order isnā€™t in a position where Ford can even build it.
Thatā€™s what I am saying. But he said his rep told him itā€™s marked but hasnā€™t updated in the system. Iā€™ll pop in Monday

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP

Ask for the current VVR. That is the current record.
Phone calls and word of mouth means little.
Like was stated, the term ā€œconfirmed orderā€ only means it is in the order bank, along with thousands of others.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Thatā€™s what I am saying. But he said his rep told him itā€™s marked but hasnā€™t updated in the system. Iā€™ll pop in Monday
Iā€™m sure you saw my Friday post, my stuff updated in minutes after rep flipped me back to 01, so itā€™s all strange.

But if you trust your dealer donā€™t let me change your mind, you should have a VIN and Build Week on Thursday/Friday if youā€™re in for Aug.

And my post wasnā€™t specifically about you, if they came and told you what to remove in order to get scheduled I believe youā€™re gonna get a car.

My post was directed at these folks whose dealers have no allocation and get updates from Ford Performance that theyā€™re unscheduled clean thinking theyā€™re going to be scheduled.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m sure you saw my Friday post, my stuff updated in minutes after rep flipped me back to 01, so itā€™s all strange.

But if you trust your dealer donā€™t let me change your mind, you should have a VIN and Build Week on Thursday/Friday if youā€™re in for Aug.

And my post wasnā€™t specifically about you, if they came and told you what to remove in order to get scheduled I believe youā€™re gonna get a car.

My post was directed at these folks whose dealers have no allocation and get updates from Ford Performance that theyā€™re unscheduled clean thinking theyā€™re going to be scheduled.
No. I appreciate your insight! Iā€™m just trying to make sure that Iā€™m not doing anything wrong and potentially jeopardizing getting the car.

Like I stated in an earlier post the dealership did reach out to me about two weeks ago said hey I might make your day, but I was just told by my Ford rep if we were to remove your handling package he can go ahead and get your car scheduled for an August build.

But to your point when I spoke with him on Friday he said I was still sitting at a priority code 10 so thatā€™s where Iā€™m lost and confused about why it hasnā€™t moved to a 01 or 02 if his rep promised to pull it for August.

Last edited:

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Ask for the current VVR. That is the current record.
Phone calls and word of mouth means little.
Like was stated, the term ā€œconfirmed orderā€ only means it is in the order bank, along with thousands of others.
Will do! Thanks

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
If you were in my shoes where it appears that I am actually my dealers second order, what is it that you would want to have the dealer ask the regional rep? I would ask if my dealer is going to be receiving another allocation and if they had an idea when that might happen? Is there anything else you think I should have them ask their rep?

Sponsored

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
For those wondering about the status of your order/build/shipping; ask your salesman/dealer for a full copy of the current Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR).
They all know exactly what that is and can send you pdf copy. If they refuse, they donā€™t know what they are doing.
And for those taking delivery, make sure to request it when you get your car.
Why get the VVR at delivery?

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
If you were in my shoes where it appears that I am actually my dealers second order, what is it that you would want to have the dealer ask the regional rep? I would ask if my dealer is going to be receiving another allocation and if they had an idea when that might happen? Is there anything else you think I should have them ask their rep?
Job 2 production begins this week, so if the dealer has another allocation, they should be able to show results soon.

If I was you, Iā€™d ask the dealer to email the rep and confirm the second allocation for this MY. They would have known how many they had at the start of the MY, but Iā€™d want to see a ford rep say it to believe it. While we know most allocations are not all given at once, Iā€™d be hesitant trusting a dealer who may not get a second one.

Last edited:

U-Drag Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Shelby GT500 2014 FORD F150 FX2
One step further along. Of course the car will show up when I will be out of town for vacation....
1656346599607.png

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It is a complete record of the order, from start to finish.
And it disappears from the system shortly after delivery.
From what I have seen, the VVR seems to disappear when the dealer reports that the car has been sold.
Sponsored