2022 GT500 order thread

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Nice ride, crazy how much time painted stripes and shipping to the west coast adds. Have had chassis 80 in my possession since mid May.
My car got stuck in the rail yard car depot 19 miles from my house. It arrived on Memorial Day and was unloaded. When they first attempted to move it, which was a week later, it had a dead battery. Then Ford had to come out and replace it, and then the trucking company took their sweet time, to reschedule a delivery– it should’ve been at the dealership between 6/8-6/10.

I was passing by the rail yard car depot in Mira Loma, CA on my way to Los Angeles looking like this
1655898828965.gif

Dead batteries on new cars happen all the time, and if it does—if it is a smart battery like on these cars, the rail yard company won’t touch it and then you’re in purgatory hell, with no new delivery eta.

I had friends from up high who expedited the battery change quickly, but even with their help, it still took another 2 weeks to get the car on a truck and delivered.

Hope no one else gets stuck with the car so close, but yet so far… if you do, you have my sympathies. And for those who do, I offer you this gif for your pain. (I copyrighted the other one for my troubles, so you’ll have to use another)

1655899207093.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Nice ride, crazy how much time painted stripes and shipping to the west coast adds. Have had chassis 80 in my possession since mid May.
You Michigan guys always get your cars first. I don’t really consider it shipping if your dealership is less than 100 miles away from the plant, they could drive it to you if they wanted. So you guys have it is easy.

Convoy is straight forward, rail for me was only 10 days, and then, like I said, it got stuck at the depot.

First painted cars weren’t released until May 20th, which my car was in that group. Also when the first painted cars came back from Penske, May 2, they sat for another two weeks because the plant was closed.

From what I have found and have been told by Ford, my car is the first HE made on the first public day of production. It was the second car made that day, BUT there was a run that occurred a month prior. A run where there were multiple GT500s made back to back, not separated by Mach 1s, Ecoboost, and everything else. HE #1 (probably Bill Ford’s car) and HE #2 were made in that super early run both (CFTP HE painted stripe Tech package cars).

From what I know, I am HE #3. The rest of those cars were vehicles that had new 2022 paint colors. Cars like N0005 That just arrived

4F77B07A-A7AA-435F-B703-59CFAA6D8C7F.jpeg

494AD8B2-1DC9-40F1-BBF9-9F30782212C2.jpeg

5F791014-9553-4A88-8CF8-C88E0BBD5743.jpeg

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
You Michigan guys always get your cars first. I don’t really consider it shipping if your dealership is less than 100 miles away from the plant, they could drive it to you if they wanted. So you guys have it is easy.

Convoy is straight forward, rail for me was only 10 days, and then, like I said, it got stuck at the depot.

First painted cars weren’t released until May 20th, which my car was in that group. Also when the first painted cars came back from Penske, May 2, they sat for another two weeks because the plant was closed.

From what I have found and have been told by Ford, my car is the first HE made on the first public day of production. It was the second car made that day, BUT there was a run that occurred a month prior. A run where there were multiple GT500s made back to back, not separated by Mach 1s, Ecoboost, and everything else. HE #1 (probably Bill Ford’s car) and HE #2 were made in that super early run both (CFTP HE painted stripe Tech package cars).

From what I know, I am HE #3. The rest of those cars were vehicles that had new 2022 paint colors.

From what I know, I am HE #3. The rest of those cars were vehicles that had new 2022 paint colors. Cars like N0005 That just arrived

4F77B07A-A7AA-435F-B703-59CFAA6D8C7F.jpeg

494AD8B2-1DC9-40F1-BBF9-9F30782212C2.jpeg

5F791014-9553-4A88-8CF8-C88E0BBD5743.jpeg
That’s pretty cool. The green color is nice. I have always been a fan of British racing green. This green looks a little darker which I like.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
That’s pretty cool. The green color is nice. I have always been a fan of British racing green. This green looks a little darker which I like.
Love your new avatar. đź‘Ť Hoping you get your car soon.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
As suspected, I will be out of the country those days. Not sure how to go about this. I want to talk to the dealer soon about the following:
  1. Just do the PDI and put the car away out of sight from the public
  2. Keep the interior plastics protective stickers on
  3. Do not detail
  4. No Front Plate
Hopefully it arrives before 6/28 or after 7/6.....
Gents, to the point of having our cars delivered... I'm sure we all want certain things done or not. This is the first car I've ordered. All others were on the lot, or used. I see @RWCGT500 wants his out of sight from public and no detail. I've heard the dealership detailing can be haphazard during prep. Why out of sight from public?

I kind of want to walk into the showroom and see my car glistening, center stage with a sign that says "Sold",and my name on it. Can anyone relate to that?

Definitely no front plate, but what else should I be avoiding at all costs? Any input would be appreciated. As soon as I get the car, doing PPF and rear seat delete. What are everyone else's plans?

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Gents, to the point of having our cars delivered... I'm sure we all want certain things done or not. This is the first car I've ordered. All others were on the lot, or used. I see @RWCGT500 wants his out of sight from public and no detail. I've heard the dealership detailing can be haphazard during prep. Why out of sight from public?

I kind of want to walk into the showroom and see my car glistening, center stage with a sign that says "Sold",and my name on it. Can anyone relate to that?

Definitely no front plate, but what else should I be avoiding at all costs? Any input would be appreciated. As soon as I get the car, doing PPF and rear seat delete. What are everyone else's plans?
Did you get painted for vinyl stripes? I have lelnry more on this, just wanted to get that question out of the way.

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
I got to see the green with white stripes. IMO a better combo. And it was much darker than I had expected. In a good way! Almost made me question my original color choice of blue.
F717C24F-70A5-48A1-8DEE-5180957115E3.jpeg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If your car is in the view of the public, all the people and kids will want to touch it, lean over, belt buckles scratching it because people are assholes and don't care. Kids climbing on it, etc. I completely get wanting it out of sight. For day of delivery, certainly put it front and center and rope it off. LOL.
My dealership drives it off of the truck, parks it in a non-used service bay and it sits mostly untouched. No plastic removed, no dealer stickers put on, etc. Definitely won't mount the front plate.
The only thing my dealership did on my previous two was to get it out of transport mode. Remove suspension blocks etc. Only items related to transport mode removal or disable.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.
Update from the GM is he has no update. He said if the car does not move by Thursday he will call his regional Ford rep.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Did you get painted for vinyl stripes? I have lelnry more on this, just wanted to get that question out of the way.
I got painted black stripes on a base HE.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I got painted black stripes on a base HE.
Here is my approach to the dealer washing/detailing the car, I've bought 5 new Ford's in the last 6 years and have approached it differently with every one of them.

Imo you have to at least let them hose the car off and check for damage. If you do not and Penske (which does happen more than it should) botched the paint in any way and the dealer doesn't find it, Ford is gonna fight to not fix it. This happened to a local guy and cftp, he ended up eating the repairs. If you're worried about it, talk to the detail guys, I did this with my R and they were very respectful and washed as I requested and pointed out to me the spots in the car that they didn't want to rub on and cause damage. A+.

Your ppf installer should correct the paint first, the first car I had film installed on didn't and it showed. All cars will have some type of defects, it's impossible to achieve perfect paint when an assembly line is setup to be as efficient at building vehicles as possible. Be prepared for this.

It's 2022, most dealers have very low inventory, if you want to have a certain type of experience, request it, they should have room on the showroom floor. The majority of dealers want to make the experience special, it may just be 'a mustang' but it is a special Mustang and this only happens once. If your car arrives on a Tuesday and you pick-up on a Wednesday the amount of people that could possibly damage it is far less than what it'll see in the average parking lot at a cars and coffee.

My car should arrive in a couple of weeks, if everything goes according to plan. It'll get a light wash, inspected by myself and the dealer and left in interior plastic. Prep will be limited and I'll drive it directly to the detailer (avoiding interstates) for correction and film. If somehow it gets scratched during the wash it'll get corrected before the film anyway.

Try to enjoy the experience, even the wait. Most of us don't get to experience that anticipation that many times in our lives. Hopefully all goes well with your delivery and it's all you hoped it would be.

Last edited:

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
My dealer had it clean, on the showroom floor, but left all the stickers, etc. They gave me a choice. I came in from out of state, they picked me up from my motel and delivered it early on a Saturday for me. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Last edited:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Talked to my dealer today, and the rumor is my GT500 Heritage Edition is only weeks away...will post asap!
You have a vin yet?
Sponsored