2022 GT500 order thread

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Haven't heard that but my car got pushed back 10 days and it has handling package. 2 others scheduled the same day that didn't have the package did not. Maybe it would be worth it to order without then piece it together?
Dealer called me Monday. Said he spoke to his ford rep if I remove Handling package they can schedule my car for a build date and should have it scheduled asap.

anyone else hear this?
Iā€™ve been hearing this circulate the forums last couple weeks. Have not been able to confirm anywhere (other ford models publish their constraints) or with anyone. But I suppose if youā€™re stuck in unscheduled it couldnā€™t hurt to try. What doesnā€™t make sense is CFTP cars are being scheduled & they have those same components.
Sponsored

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Except for the Gurney Flapā€¦.
And the higher $$ cars might get priority for their share of the other pieces.
Ooops, forgot about that part. Doubtful a small part would be a significant holdup but you never know.
If itā€™s any consolation I did hear last night from Tim @ Long McArthur Ford that 750 (50% Base/50% CFTP) GT500ā€™s should be in next scheduling group for August. But no scheduling this week, so hopefully start scheduling again next week.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Iā€™ve been hearing this circulate the forums last couple weeks. Have not been able to confirm anywhere (other ford models publish their constraints) or with anyone. But I suppose if youā€™re stuck in unscheduled it couldnā€™t hurt to try. What doesnā€™t make sense is CFTP cars are being scheduled & they have those same components.
Same, I shared these "rumors" with my dealer and they called their Ford rep, and the claim is the Ford Rep hasn't heard anything. They offered to remove the handling package for me if I wanted to do so, but then we'd need to move back to Priority 10 and then re-request a move to Priority 01. Which they said would happen same day, but given each one of the parts that makes up the Handling Package appears to be in stock across Ford Parts/Performance. I don't know if the constraint is true for the masses or was a one off for a specific build week.

In any case, if I'm still in UMH at the end of July, (assuming they've been scheduling) I may have the package pulled and I will share results. But given 90% of the package sits in boxes in the trunk, I hope that's not truly what's holding us up.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ooops, forgot about that part. Doubtful a small part would be a significant holdup but you never know.
If itā€™s any consolation I did hear last night from Tim @ Long McArthur Ford that 750 (50% Base/50% CFTP) GT500ā€™s should be in next scheduling group for August. But no scheduling this week, so hopefully start scheduling again next week.
You'd be surprised. The gurney flap, being unique to the handling package could be the hardest part for them to forecast to suppliers.

Also as @The Chairman stated above the cftp cars (if other parts are in supply) would get priority if it's a shared component.

I do think it would make more sense to ship the missing components (Assuming it isn't the camber plates) to the dealers as they become available. Obviously this wouldn't aid the scheduling issues but would allow production to stay on track. Who knows. What I do know is I would hate to have a scheduling job in any manufacturing environment right now.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I do think it would make more sense to ship the missing components (Assuming it isn't the camber plates) to the dealers as they become available. Obviously this wouldn't aid the scheduling issues but would allow production to stay on track. Who knows. What I do know is I would hate to have a scheduling job in any manufacturing environment right now.
Mustangs aren't built until the plant has all the parts to build them. They can't be released from the plant for shipment until they have been deemed saleable. As far as I know, Flat Rock may be one of the only Ford plants that has this policy.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The CFHP was only available for 2021 model years. If he found one of them, yes the wheels are the same except for the fact they are painted black vs being left as exposed carbon
Thank you.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
There is a guy in our club that is the Parts Manager for dealer here. His order (with HP) has been on hold for a while, although he doesnā€™t know specifically why. So in the meantime, he bought a GT500 from another dealer but was surprised to find that it was ordered w/HP but shipped without it. So he set about buying the missing parts. Only able to get the oil separator so far. šŸ¤”

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Mustangs aren't built until the plant has all the parts to build them. They can't be released from the plant for shipment until they have been deemed saleable. As far as I know, Flat Rock may be one of the only Ford plants that has this policy.
After the goat rope with our 2020ā€™s missing various HP parts, not surprised!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
After the goat rope with our 2020ā€™s missing various HP parts, not surprised!
Ain't that the truth, the 2020MY was pretty confusing when it came the Handling Package, it took Ford a long time to finally determine exactly what parts came with the HP option. The problem didn't get resolved until the 2021MY.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
There is a guy in our club that is the Parts Manager for dealer here. His order (with HP) has been on hold for a while, although he doesnā€™t know specifically why. So in the meantime, he bought a GT500 from another dealer but was surprised to find that it was ordered w/HP but shipped without it. So he set about buying the missing parts. Only able to get the oil separator so far. šŸ¤”
Wonder what his vin is? Or was it UMH?

I see 0552 just arrived at a dealer in Texas and has the HP. Can't confirm that it actually shipped with the car though. Either way, I try to enjoy this whole process, it only happens once with each vehicle and the anticipation has always been part of the experience I enjoy.

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Wonder what his vin is? Or was it UMH?

I see 0552 just arrived at a dealer in Texas and has the HP. Can't confirm that it actually shipped with the car though. Either way, I try to enjoy this whole process, it only happens once with each vehicle and the anticipation has always been part of the experience I enjoy.
552 wow. They are flying out the factory. Do you know the VIN by any chance? Curious to match build date/VIN to get an idea of production rates

Qcodemach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
1970 MACH1, 2018 Mustang GT, 2022 GT500 CFTP
Got a call from dealer today. Sales person says they have good news and bad news. Good news is just received an allocation, Bad news it is for a CFTP and you ordered a base. She asked if I would like to upgrade. Looks like I am spending a few more $$. Can't wait for a VIN and build date!!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
552 wow. They are flying out the factory. Do you know the VIN by any chance? Curious to match build date/VIN to get an idea of production rates
That was the last 4 of the vin. Not sure on chassis number. It was posted for sale in a classified group on Facebook. I think the blend date was 5/5 iirc.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Got a call from dealer today. Sales person says they have good news and bad news. Good news is just received an allocation, Bad news it is for a CFTP and you ordered a base. She asked if I would like to upgrade. Looks like I am spending a few more $$. Can't wait for a VIN and build date!!
what are you gonna build/color?

add it here...

Orders
Sponsored