Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
@oregongt350 @LR272 @Bigbel07 I love you guys. I'm just passing the information along for your reading pleasure. Fiction can be interesting too. If I had a YouTube channel you could subscribe and naysay on my pipe dreams over there. Stay tuned for the reveal.
Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
@oregongt350 @LR272 @Bigbel07 I love you guys. I'm just passing the information along for your reading pleasure. Fiction can be interesting too. If I had a YouTube channel you could subscribe and naysay on my pipe dreams over there. Stay tuned for the reveal.
Cracks me up some guys treat these 550ā€™s like they are the second coming itā€™s just a 500 nothing super special

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Cracks me up some guys treat these 550ā€™s like they are the second coming itā€™s just a 500 nothing super special
Once upon a time, youā€™d drive to a dealership, peruse their stock, find one you liked, haggle back & forth betw the salesman & sales manager (ABSOLUTELY HATED THAT PART) If the deal wasnā€™t favorable, walk away. They would either try to stop you to reneg or you would go to dealership B, rinse & repeat. Times have changed (at the risk of this becoming a ā€œPepperidge farm remembersā€ commercial) #LAWOFSUPPLY&DEMAND
Despite how the dealer presented themself, the consumer held all the power in the relationship. Sure, there were desirable cars that would be difficult to find. Admittedly I purchased my ā€˜97 at MSRP which was unheard of for a Mustang but the spec I wanted was tough to find. Sure I could have ordered it but 27 year old me was impatiently buying his first new car, a dream car, after graduating & landing a great job.
Fast forward to today. There are production & supply & shipping constraints that we would never have imagined only a few years ago. Again, discerning me wants a particular car & Iā€™m in a better financial position but now ok with ordering because Iā€™m not really in any rush. But now thereā€™s no guarantee I can just order a car. And Iā€™m sure many else on the forums can relate. Is it the only somewhat reasonably priced high perf car, no. But being a lifelong Ford / Mustang guy, itā€™s what I want, and common sense says I should be able to get it in a reasonable fashion. NOPE. I have to do a LOT of legwork to find an allocation thatā€™s reasonably priced that I hope & pray Ford & the automotive gods deem me worthy to get the car. Not a lot of rationale of whoā€™s allocations are picked & whoā€™s just sit unsched for months. When someoneā€™s car advances in the stages towards actual production, it is a big deal to them.
Yes, in the end, ā€œitā€™s just a carā€, but the way things are headed, not many like this will be produced going forward. So itā€™s a big deal to me & I'm sure many others. Otherwise why else would we share our common experiences as ā€œcar enthusiastsā€
ok, rant over, feel like I now should go take some Geritol & nap in my favorite chair until the great-great-great-great grandchildren come over šŸ˜±

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Once upon a time, youā€™d drive to a dealership, peruse their stock, find one you liked, haggle back & forth betw the salesman & sales manager (ABSOLUTELY HATED THAT PART) If the deal wasnā€™t favorable, walk away. They would either try to stop you to reneg or you would go to dealership B, rinse & repeat. Times have changed (at the risk of this becoming a ā€œPepperidge farm remembersā€ commercial) #LAWOFSUPPLY&DEMAND
Despite how the dealer presented themself, the consumer held all the power in the relationship. Sure, there were desirable cars that would be difficult to find. Admittedly I purchased my ā€˜97 at MSRP which was unheard of for a Mustang but the spec I wanted was tough to find. Sure I could have ordered it but 27 year old me was impatiently buying his first new car, a dream car, after graduating & landing a great job.
Fast forward to today. There are production & supply & shipping constraints that we would never have imagined only a few years ago. Again, discerning me wants a particular car & Iā€™m in a better financial position but now ok with ordering because Iā€™m not really in any rush. But now thereā€™s no guarantee I can just order a car. And Iā€™m sure many else on the forums can relate. Is it the only somewhat reasonably priced high perf car, no. But being a lifelong Ford / Mustang guy, itā€™s what I want, and common sense says I should be able to get it in a reasonable fashion. NOPE. I have to do a LOT of legwork to find an allocation thatā€™s reasonably priced that I hope & pray Ford & the automotive gods deem me worthy to get the car. Not a lot of rationale of whoā€™s allocations are picked & whoā€™s just sit unsched for months. When someoneā€™s car advances in the stages towards actual production, it is a big deal to them.
Yes, in the end, ā€œitā€™s just a carā€, but the way things are headed, not many like this will be produced going forward. So itā€™s a big deal to me & I'm sure many others. Otherwise why else would we share our common experiences as ā€œcar enthusiastsā€
ok, rant over, feel like I now should go take some Geritol & nap in my favorite chair until the great-great-great-great grandchildren come over šŸ˜±
I hope you get yours, they are special, if not new there are many low mileage used 500ā€™s popping up. Keep the faith !!!

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I hope you get yours, they are special, if not new there are many low mileage used 500ā€™s popping up. Keep the faith !!!
Iā€™m one of the lucky ones. I have a VIN and build date later this month. Hopefully it works out. I was merely sharing the sentiment of many others when you said how people feel about chasing this car.

Iā€™ve been watching auto trader, there are a LOT popping up. Asking prices are crazy high too. Itā€™s definitely a sellers market. The irony is the recent financial market downturn might increase inventory & weaken demand. Plus gas prices, although pretty much anyone buying this car is not going to be swayed by that much!

Sponsored

04mystichrome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2004 cobra 1970 fastback
I did a live chat this week and the guy was able to find my order but its just an order waiting for scheduling. He couldnt give me any other info. I hope this car gets built. I was told they dont plan to make 2023 gt500s

Wonko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
My GT500 was produced 5/31 and has an ETA of 6/26 - 7/2. Will be shipped by rail.

Sponsored

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
20220603_131714.jpg

My girl arrived early, pictures don't do this colour justice
CONGRATS!!! Whatā€™s your chassis # & did you catch the one next to you by chance?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most of us have ā€œstated valueā€ insurance policies that pay whatever we state the car is worth. If the car is a daily driver, thatā€™s a different story.
Iā€™m looking to daily drive mine.