2022 GT Ford Performance upgrade?

22GTROUSHVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Roush 450R
Yes sir and at a dealership they wouldn’t even try to flash the software because it isn’t intended for a’22, agreed. Tuning shops probably can work around any VIN blocks.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This CAI upgrade system also includes a tune and it stinks for us ‘22 GT owners because if we installed it then Ford can easily tell the ECM program has been altered. This could potentially void our Powertrain warranty. My next service for oil change I know the dealership will install a PCM program change due to a recall notice they mailed me regarding a low brake fluid warning program change, if any non OEM “tune” program history is found in my car then my Powertrain warranty could be voided at that point. Heck, even Roush don’t offer their CAI w tune part number w 3 yr/36k warranty isn’t offered for ‘22 GTs.
Because of this I’ve narrowed my search to only “no tune required” CAI’s that won’t void Ford Powertrain warranty. Roush does offer one for ‘21 GT that works with OEM mass air flow meter (but does have an inner smaller diameter air tube which can be removed at any point to run the larger diameter tube that requires a different MAF meter and tune to pick up max hp increase). JLT has one also and both claim no codes will be tripped and 10-15 hp increase. Liking the Roush system better right now but having ability to tune later when my Ford warranty doesn’t matter to me any longer 😆
Nah, they may have finally added a flash counter for 2024, but I'm pretty sure for prior years the only thing that's telltale you were tuned is either showing up with the tune, or if they look at key cycle counter. If your 50k mile car shows up with a blown engine and a key cycle count of 3, you're cooked.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
on one car it’s nothing, on a whole fleet across every car the manufacturer makes it adds up enough for it to be worth it for them.
Some people don't seem to get the reason why Ford still has V8 muscle cars and nobody else does is because they meet emissions requirements with the 5.0.

And lol @ anyone blaming a political side for this one. Both sides have been in power my entire life and emissions have only gotten stricter the whole time. So clearly the guy you voted for did NOT stop this from happening, and they never will. But they will tell you they will to get your vote and many people will fall for it.

OP
OP
racerdave

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
Nah, they may have finally added a flash counter for 2024, but I'm pretty sure for prior years the only thing that's telltale you were tuned is either showing up with the tune, or if they look at key cycle counter. If your 50k mile car shows up with a blown engine and a key cycle count of 3, you're cooked.
Key cycle count???

Sponsored

OP
OP
racerdave

racerdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convert 17 GMC Sierra 15 Terrain
Every time you push the start button and the key handshakes with the bcm and pcm it increases the counter by one. Flashing resets this.
Thanks
Sponsored