green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I am a huge fan of Ruby Red and do not care for Rapid Red. I am hoping Lucid Red is different from Rapid Red. Come on Ford be bold and step it up.
Same here. I bought my Ruby Red because the color reminds me so much of my first Mustang which was a 2007 GT in Redfire.

My second was a 2010 GT in Red Candy. That is what Rapid Red reminds me of compared to Ruby.

Nice color, but it's just not the same. It lacks the depth and color shift that Ruby Red and Redfire both have.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Right, I forgot to be overly precise to rule out the obvious and clarify that I meant only within the realm of what the manufacturer offers. If they don't offer the car in purple, obviously you're not getting a purple car new from the factory. The rest of the point still stands. If i want fully loaded in Red, I'll never settle for fully loaded in white just because its on the lot today. I also dont understand people who are willing to spend thousands on something that's missing a feature they want, or isn't the color they want, etc.
I guess I should be a little more specific as well. I'm referring to combinations of colors/options/features that are ALL currently available from Ford, or were available in a prior/later year, that they mysteriously don't allow for some reason.
The black roof option is an excellent example of this, why is it not available any longer on Performance Pack cars? Just weird stuff like that.

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
I'm excited to see the new colors in person, a couple of them look very promising. I wasn't too keen on the 2020 colors, if only because I've had a few of them in the past and want to change things up.

Particularly interested in the Antimatter Blue, Fighter Jet Gray, and Lucid Red.

I just wonder how accurate the paint chips are? Not to criticize the OP, I appreciate the info! But look at a couple of the colors here compared to the Ford website (on 2020 cars)...

The Performance Blue looks close enough, but the Velocity Blue looks much darker here. So I'm keen to see whether the Antimatter does look almost black, whether the Fighter Jet has a greenish tint to it (would be very cool), and the exact shade of Lucid Red.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Green? Either guard or dark highland or British Racing Green

Gee I wish there was a green

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
sinking stock reminds me of Kmart and Sears. can't pick out exciting new colors.
Keep the same shit, introduce one or two lacklusters.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Green? Either guard or dark highland or British Racing Green

Gee I wish there was a green
Unfortunately Green cars are not popular these days, Ford was effective using the Highland color as a Bullit-exclusive shade, but dealers hate having green cars on their lots. That's why you only see black/white/grey/darker grey/blue vehicles on dealer lots. Widest appeal, easiest to sell.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They should add the following paints to the line up:

Flakes off Luminum
Bubbled Up Blue
Burnished Black
Lymon Lots-O-Chips
Warrantless White
Denied Denim Blue
Leave it Primer
Paint it again Purple
Misaligned Mulberry
Corrosive Calypso
Ticking Tea Metallic Flake
Rattle Trap Turquoise

:giggle:
Crowd Killer Crimson. So blood don't show.

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
The paint code for the current Rapid Red is D4.

The pain code shown for the new Lucid Red Pearl is also D4, so this may very well be a second name change for the same color!

This is a good guide to all the paint codes going back to '65 (be aware though, the colors they list for '21 are for the Mach E)
https://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin...DH0YQpFbslBsFcvyeeh_U8lmE9qz_KTqSIb2H4ZcEQRKE
Confirmed. You are correct that another name change is coming for Rapid Red in 2021!

Also, your link shows "Rapid Red (Lucid Red)" under 2020 colors.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful color the mystichrome

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The paint code for the current Rapid Red is D4.

The pain code shown for the new Lucid Red Pearl is also D4
The 2 character codes like D4 are only guaranteed unique within a model year but unlikely Ford would reuse one for a different color so soon. Do they both have the same M code (M7444)? The M codes are never reused.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's why you only see black/white/grey/darker grey/blue vehicles on dealer lots. Widest appeal, easiest to sell.
Yeah, but I think those being the least objectionable is just as important as how many people want those colors the most. Fewer people would walk away from a car with the exact options they want because it was grey than people who would walk away if its green (for example).
Sponsored