Sponsored

2021 Mustang Paint Color Options Revealed

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ugh that hurts, was hoping to get some nice interior upgrades and whatnot on a Grabber Lime 2021 :( now im super torn. Do I go back to my 2nd choice color which I guess from this lineup would be Lucid Red, or get a 2020 Grabber Lime and miss out on whatever possible improvements in the 2021? Guess ill have to wait for more info on the 2021 changes.
IMO go with the color you want more. I was going to by a used Saleen, but it was blue. I would have loved the car, but the color didn't sit well with me and you always see it. I was also going to build a 2020 myself, but glad I didn't wait because when I found out they were doing lime I knew I got what I wanted with Need For Green. Drive something that appeals to your eyes. If you dont get lime and get red will you look back and wish you got the lime?
I know I would have regretted not getting my car for another color. I always liked yellow, had 2, but always wanted a green.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Still no return of Royal Crimson. Keep up the good work, Ford. Making our MY18s rarer every year. I get more positive comments about my RC than any one of the 40 cars I've owned.
Another reason I love Need For Green. I even had a guy think my car was a wrap. lol
Crimson is a really cool color.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Still no return of Royal Crimson. Keep up the good work, Ford. Making our MY18s rarer every year. I get more positive comments about my RC than any one of the 40 cars I've owned.
If I ever get stopped by someone for anything, it's always Royal Crimson. It's definitely the biggest compliment item from my car. I've only seen maybe like 6 other RC cars ever.

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
IMO go with the color you want more. I was going to by a used Saleen, but it was blue. I would have loved the car, but the color didn't sit well with me and you always see it. I was also going to build a 2020 myself, but glad I didn't wait because when I found out they were doing lime I knew I got what I wanted with Need For Green. Drive something that appeals to your eyes. If you dont get lime and get red will you look back and wish you got the lime?
I know I would have regretted not getting my car for another color. I always liked yellow, had 2, but always wanted a green.
I feel you, I settled with my current car on color and am a big advocate of making sure you get what you want after that mistake. Prior to lime being a color I wanted Ruby Red for years and in general, outside of cars, Dark Red is my favorite color for everything. So I think its the only color that wouldn't feel like settling, Grabber Lime and Ruby Red/Rapid Red are about equal in my books with Lime having the slight edge. Totally agree with you though! Don't settle on color.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I feel you, I settled with my current car on color and am a big advocate of making sure you get what you want after that mistake. Prior to lime being a color I wanted Ruby Red for years and in general, outside of cars, Dark Red is my favorite color for everything. So I think its the only color that wouldn't feel like settling, Grabber Lime and Ruby Red/Rapid Red are about equal in my books with Lime having the slight edge. Totally agree with you though! Don't settle on color.

Ive wanted grabber blue for almost 8 years, back in like 2011-2012 I wantsd a grabber blue mustang so bad’ but I was in army and in Alaska and just couldn’t afford it, got a Scion tC, half the cost and still have it. No regrets.

15’s came around, and I was in better position to buy, but no grabber blues. 17 came, and grabber blue, but I just bought a home so couldn’t buy one.

I still wanted a grabber blue thouth, 1 year ago in like a week I found a old leftover 2017 grabber blue 34.5k msrp sitting on showroom floor with 5 miles got it for 23k otd. 21.4k before tax!!

Jumped on it, and been enjoying it since. I wouldn’t of bought any other color. Wanted it for forever.

To me gt vs ecoboost didn’t matter as much as color did. I just DD. If I need high thrill speed I ride sport bike. It keeps me satisfied.

I painted both my motorcycles grabber blue too! except sport bike has white pearl on top.

I owe 20k on stang but I hope to have paid off by July for my birthday present.
My 13 Scion tC I got for 20k otd in 2012, 170k miles later, zero issues original clutch, absolute joy to drive for winter lol.
0FD8CB96-BFF8-4AB6-ABCC-10B3A9D99994.jpeg
2E7F376F-5A32-4A0D-9274-F58A23640724.jpeg
C2173BE1-241A-4343-9715-7DADF44ADE47.jpeg
AEB3C9AC-AD84-4AC2-927B-45190C5B9292.jpeg
DA1888F3-2252-4EF3-B415-73ED8727527A.jpeg
IMG_3070.jpg

Last edited:

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Ive wanted grabber blue for almost 8 years, back in like 2011-2012 I wantsd a grabber blue mustang so bad’ but I was in army and in Alaska and just couldn’t afford it, got a Scion tC, half the cost and still have it. No regrets.

15’s came around, and I was in better position to buy, but no grabber blues. 17 came, and grabber blue, but I just bought a home so couldn’t buy one.

I still wanted a grabber blue thouth, 1 year ago in like a week I found a old leftover 2017 grabber blue 34.5k msrp sitting on showroom floor with 5 miles got it for 23k otd. 21.4k before tax!!

Jumped on it, and been enjoying it since. I wouldn’t of bought any other color. Wanted it for forever.

To me gt vs ecoboost didn’t matter as much as color did. I just DD. If I need high thrill speed I ride sport bike. It keeps me satisfied.

I painted both my motorcycles grabber blue too! except sport bike has white pearl on top.

I owe 20k on stang but I hope to have paid off by July for my birthday present.
My 13 Scion tC I got for 20k otd in 2012, 170k miles later, zero issues original clutch, absolute joy to drive for winter lol.
Yeah, i've settled on my past 4 cars that i've owned when I was a teenager and such and didn't know much. I've learned a lot and have had my Ingot Silver V6 for 7 years, and have it paid off. My student loans will be paid off this year, and then i'll feel plenty comfortable taking on a new car loan. But this time around there will be no rush and it'll be exactly what I want, at a decent price, or i'll just keep looking. I also bought my 2014 right before the 2015 came out, and as much as I love the 10-14 body style I think I would like to be part of the new generation this time around so i'm considering waiting on the 2023 S650.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Glad I bought my Magnetic 2020 GT this week. I would definitely take a GT in Performance Blue though.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Yeah, that's just how I feel about Lightning Blue, and ditto about compliments from random strangers.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Also, one word of caution.....unless I'm mistaken, Lucid Red was the original name for Rapid Red, before it was renamed for the '20MY. Of course, they could be looking to rename it again, or changing the hue again slightly.

:)
As far as I remember Rapid Red was originally named Red Hot Metallic.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Wonder how Carbonized Gray Metallic is going to look compared to Magnetic?
Hopefully it will be similar, hard to tell by these examples though. Heck you can't even tell what a color really looks like until seeing it in person. I was all but sold on Velocity because it looked to be more of a grabber blue online. Everytime I looked at the different colors I would always take a second look at the metalic, so glad I did because it's just simply beautiful.