bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If your dealers are like (most) of our UK ones, they won't have a clue about the Mach 1. They'll think you're referring to the Mach E :headbang:
that exactly why I need to start chasing them ASAP :)
Sponsored

AAI Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 HEP
If I order a GT350 (no allocation), does it have any chance at getting built before production stoppage?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If I order a GT350 (no allocation), does it have any chance at getting built before production stoppage?
Your best bet would be to post up in the GT350 section as there are some VERY helpful folks in there. I posted similar for a friend a few months back and was given several leads. I think (although you'll get better advice in that section)......I think you'll have more luck finding a dealer with one already in stock or at least one with an allocation You might get lucky placing an order, but you'll have more luck with a car already in stock. My friend ended up with an R Heritage Package (Wimbledon White / Guardsman Blue stripes) from a Florida dealer that had an allocation. It was perfect timing......from him contacting the dealer to receiving the car was just over 2 months!

AAI Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 HEP
Your best bet would be to post up in the GT350 section as there are some VERY helpful folks in there. I posted similar for a friend a few months back and was given several leads. I think (although you'll get better advice in that section)......I think you'll have more luck finding a dealer with one already in stock or at least one with an allocation You might get lucky placing an order, but you'll have more luck with a car already in stock. My friend ended up with an R Heritage Package (Wimbledon White / Guardsman Blue stripes) from a Florida dealer that had an allocation. It was perfect timing......from him contacting the dealer to receiving the car was just over 2 months!
thanks a bunch

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
There does not appear to be a "Refresh" for anything other than the Mach 1. From the few 2021's I have seen running around there was nothing significantly different about it I have a picture of a HP 2.3L I will upload. It is in the new Yellow color View attachment 496567
IMG_8129.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I went to the dealer yesterday to trade in my wifes 2015 EB and attempted to order a 2020 GT Premium as they could not locate one to my liking. The salesman then informed me they are no longer taking orders on 2020s and I'd have to wait for the 2021s to come out. I told him I thought I had till early October and he said no and that Ford had reach their numbers?!?!?! whatever that means. I don't want to be starting any rumors. Can anybody confirm this?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I went to the dealer yesterday to trade in my wifes 2015 EB and attempted to order a 2020 GT Premium as they could not locate one to my liking. The salesman then informed me they are no longer taking orders on 2020s and I'd have to wait for the 2021s to come out. I told him I thought I had till early October and he said no and that Ford had reach their numbers?!?!?! whatever that means. I don't want to be starting any rumors. Can anybody confirm this?

Hmm, that's odd as, yes, you should have until the 2nd October to order a '20MY.

I guess its possible your dealer just doesn't want to order a '20 for you, in case you bail on the order? As far as I'm aware (happy to be corrected) dealers don't need "allocations" for non-Shelby Mustangs, so there should be nothing stopping him from ordering for you.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Hmm, that's odd as, yes, you should have until the 2nd October to order a '20MY.

I guess its possible your dealer just doesn't want to order a '20 for you, in case you bail on the order? As far as I'm aware (happy to be corrected) dealers don't need "allocations" for non-Shelby Mustangs, so there should be nothing stopping him from ordering for you.

I may try another dealer next week....I’m not in that big a rush.

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I contacted another dealer today and they told me I could still order a 2020 so I went and talked to them. They actually located one with the options I wanted and I bought it.
MSRP $49550 $32k and change out the door with my 2015 Ecoboost Premium as trade
GT Premium
Automatic with 3.55
401A
Black Accent
Safe & Smart
Active Valve
B&O sound

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I contacted another dealer today and they told me I could still order a 2020 so I went and talked to them. They actually located one with the options I wanted and I bought it.
MSRP $49550 $32k and change out the door with my 2015 Ecoboost Premium as trade
GT Premium
Automatic with 3.55
401A
Black Accent
Safe & Smart
Active Valve
B&O sound
Congratulations! Happy it worked out for you!

Bluefinger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, ordered 2020 GT Premium
For what it's worth to others we got a cold response from most of our local dealers when we mentioned ordering a 2020, they wanted to push what they had on the lot and seemed to not know if they could even order a Mustang at the time. We found a dealer that had an allocation (according to them) and said we had about another month to order a 2020. They said the 2021s would not be out until early next year, which lines up with most of the information in this thread.

On August 4th we ordered a 2020 GT Premium Convertible 401A, 6 speed, Velocity Blue, Active Exhaust, B&O, etc. We were told to expect delivery in Oct. or Nov., that gives us time to change our minds and order a 2021 if we like any refresh Ford brings.

Bluefinger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, ordered 2020 GT Premium
Our 2020 showed up about a month before the dealer expected, the dealer seemed surprised at the timeline. I guess it is luck of the draw and Ford isn't going out of there way to communicate to the dealers. We should pick it up Friday.

Mustang1.jpg

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
Any word on when the 2021 Mustang order guide will be out? Also has anyone heard when Canadian 2021 order banks will be opening? same as US October 12?
Sponsored