Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Different cars but I have put 20k miles on a 19 PP1 a10 and about 3k miles on my GT350R.... when pushed two completely different cars and I would imagine a pp1 and handling pack mach 1 would be different as well ....
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure I wouldn't notice the difference in a brief drive. You have to at least push the car a little to discover when the nannies kick in. Probably my current PP1 I know the least about; I only have a couple thousand miles on that car since I bought it last year and I haven't had it to the road course yet. But there's a corner on my daily drive that would always engage the nannies in my 2015, and it doesn't do that in the 2017. So there's definitely a significant difference in the advancetrac settings.

I disagree with what you said about ABS being out the window.

And no way does anyone get in a spin from advancetrac. That's just silly. The worst thing that will happen is wearing out the brakes from the advancetrac preventing the car from sliding.
Luckly I have video evidences: Notice how at 0:15 the AdvanceTrac kick in:

Also here is a video of a Pro driver same place again AdvanceTrac kick in both times it's supposed to be of:

Both times you can see how this in the hands of a ProDriver (Nurburgring 24h class winner) this could be very dangerous. Overall AdvanceTrac tuning don't matter on the track and is better to be turned off completely if possible. Regarding ABS is the same with better pads you are going to overload the ABS tuning anyway because you are now stopping with over 1.5G instead of 1G so this is a big difference and for example my very cheap track tires are sliding when I brake at the end of the straight if I engage the ABS so I need to not engage it (so ABS tuning is not needed). With that in mind even if there is a difference it's not quantifiable and I'm sure it doesn't do much for improving lap times the very topic of this discussion. I'm sure though adding a bigger front sppliter, rear Swing and bigger wheels with better tires (Cup 2) do a lot regarding lap times.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Different cars but I have put 20k miles on a 19 PP1 a10 and about 3k miles on my GT350R.... when pushed two completely different cars and I would imagine a pp1 and handling pack mach 1 would be different as well ....
Yes because PP1 and GT350R have completely different suspension. It's not because Advancetrac on the GT350R is different or the ABS tunning. It's because it has firmer spring and wider tires.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Also here is a video of a Pro driver same place again AdvanceTrac kick in both times it's supposed to be of:

Both times you can see how this in the hands of a ProDriver (Nurburgring 24h class winner) this could be very dangerous. Overall AdvanceTrac tuning don't matter on the track and is better to be turned off completely if possible. Regarding ABS is the same with better pads you are going to overload the ABS tuning anyway because you are now stopping with over 1.5G instead of 1G so this is a big difference and for example my very cheap track tires are sliding when I brake at the end of the straight if I engage the ABS so I need to not engage it (so ABS tuning is not needed). With that in mind even if there is a difference it's not quantifiable and I'm sure it doesn't do much for improving lap times the very topic of this discussion. I'm sure though adding a bigger front sppliter, rear Swing and bigger wheels with better tires (Cup 2) do a lot regarding lap times.
I didn't see the cars spin or even do anything odd. I'm not sure what you are talking about. You said advancetrac would make the car spin out.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
short of pulling the fuse there is no real 'OFF'. Holding the button down for 5+ seconds is 'mostly' off, not actually off.

and bigger wheels with better tires (Cup 2) do a lot regarding lap times.
forget aero, you're not going near fast enough. but you are absolutely correct about wheels and tires.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
short of pulling the fuse there is no real 'OFF'. Holding the button down for 5+ seconds is 'mostly' off, not actually off.

forget aero, you're not going near fast enough. but you are absolutely correct about wheels and tires.
At VIR for sure aero matter at my local small track not so much.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see the cars spin or even do anything odd. I'm not sure what you are talking about. You said advancetrac would make the car spin out.
You didn't see the rear of the car sliding at 3rd and 4th corner and then something catching it in (not the driver) at the second video even catching it to point it to the grass instead of the right direction ?

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Well gents, I had the chance to run my 2019 GT350 against a new Mach 1 at Thunderhill yesterday. We were both wearing Pilot Cup 2s on stock wheels, both had the handling package (gurney flap and camber plates), both had Tremec 6-speed manual transmission with rev matching (I have the Xingeering module), both had resonator delete. So the cars were almost exactly the same but for Voodoo vs Coyote and wider wheels on the Mach 1.

While at this level (intermediate HPDEs) it’s all about skill and how hard you’re willing to push a car, I believe the cars are very closely matched with the edge going to the GT350. I was able to reel in the Mach 1 whenever traffic separated us (it was point by passing) and once we were together I never fell behind his rear bumper. I did not receive a point by but it was fun running with the Mach 1 to compare. Our best run together was 2:13; my best run of the day was 2:08 and the TrackAddict app said my theoretical best (adding up best-of segments to exclude the impact of traffic and occasional mistakes) could have been a 2:04.

That said, the Mach 1 is close enough in performance that if you are worried about Voodoo engine reliability or prefer the Coyote sound or just want a new car, it’s a perfectly reasonable choice.

01F4BB25-81B0-48B5-9898-8C6DD360E234.jpeg

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Well gents, I had the chance to run my 2019 GT350 against a new Mach 1 at Thunderhill yesterday. We were both wearing Pilot Cup 2s on stock wheels, both had the handling package (gurney flap and camber plates), both had Tremec 6-speed manual transmission with rev matching (I have the Xingeering module), both had resonator delete. So the cars were almost exactly the same but for Voodoo vs Coyote and wider wheels on the Mach 1.

While at this level (intermediate HPDEs) it’s all about skill and how hard you’re willing to push a car, I believe the cars are very closely matched with the edge going to the GT350. I was able to reel in the Mach 1 whenever traffic separated us (it was point by passing) and once we were together I never fell behind his rear bumper. I did not receive a point by but it was fun running with the Mach 1 to compare. Our best run together was 2:13; my best run of the day was 2:08 and the TrackAddict app said my theoretical best (adding up best-of segments to exclude the impact of traffic and occasional mistakes) could have been a 2:04.

That said, the Mach 1 is close enough in performance that if you are worried about Voodoo engine reliability or prefer the Coyote sound or just want a new car, it’s a perfectly reasonable choice.

youre lucky that car wasnt fighter jet gray or you would have been seeing tail lights :giggle:

nice write up about the day! please tell me you have some video of both cars on track?!

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
nice write up about the day! please tell me you have some video of both cars on track?!
Sure, here’s a Mustang of sorts

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Very cool. If you have to have a new Mustang right now, this is a great option.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Ideal test will be same driver same track back to back session and lap times but yours is close enough and that is going to say that considering how similar the cars are is closer to a drivers race. Which is amazing for the new Mach 1 owners.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ideal test will be same driver same track back to back session and lap times but yours is close enough and that is going to say that considering how similar the cars are is closer to a drivers race. Which is amazing for the new Mach 1 owners.
To your point - I was once on Sebring in a 600hp mach1 with lots of suspension work and was reeled in by an instructor in his 180hp Miata… a little crushed that day! :)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
To your point - I was once on Sebring in a 600hp mach1 with lots of suspension work and was reeled in by an instructor in his 180hp Miata… a little crushed that day! :)
LOL they have a similar saying in golf, a good golfer will beat you with his pro clubs, then switch clubs for another round and beat you with your own crappy clubs!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this was so me when I first start driving on track was probably slower in lap times than a good instructor in my 82 hp Fiesta. But you need to keep driving you know.
Sponsored