137640330_3877968858937814_2645236437601701598_o.jpg
Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Yep, just like the GT500.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Ford was able to paint Mustangs in 18 colors back in 1965-66 and 21 colors in 1967-68, why can't they add some non blue, gray scale or silver colors to their entire lineup? And I've been p-ed off at them for years making dark green a "special only" color since a couple years before 2001.

Some people really like DHG or Dark Moss Green in my case, and I don't want it with all the tribute crap or a stick. Thinking seriously of buying a Mach1 in black and painting it DHG. It would look amazing with the black Mach stripes.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Ford was able to paint Mustangs in 18 colors back in 1965-66 and 21 colors in 1967-68, why can't they add some non blue, gray scale or silver colors to their entire lineup? And I've been p-ed off at them for years making dark green a "special only" color since a couple years before 2001.

Some people really like DHG or Dark Moss Green in my case, and I don't want it with all the tribute crap or a stick. Thinking seriously of buying a Mach1 in black and painting it DHG. It would look amazing with the black Mach stripes.
No hating on faux gas caps, please. I might find your DHG Mach1 and install mine on it :crackup: The new Mach1 is tribute to the old one as - now discontinued - Bullitt was to the movie (car). Mach1 in DHG would be awesome, please do it and share!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Yes.

As for '69 colors, how about a modern take on Black Jade with more flip-flop to the flake? I think it would look killer.

As for me, I think the S550 Mach would look fantastic in a modern Gulfstream Aqua with a white interior like one I almost bought decades ago.

But no, instead the color options are sadly lacking.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
No hating on faux gas caps, please. I might find your DHG Mach1 and install mine on it :crackup: The new Mach1 is tribute to the old one as - now discontinued - Bullitt was to the movie (car). Mach1 in DHG would be awesome, please do it and share!
The Mach will probably get a blacked out Pony on the back. I'm not a fan of anything but the galloping pony logo. I'd rather have the old tri-bar pony on the sides too, but there the Mach will have to stay. I think the black hood and side graphics will look awesome with the DHG too.

Back in the '80s, my '67 Dark Moss Green 390 GTA Fastback looked like the Bullitt car except the side scoop detail and mine had a pair of KC 100w driving lights in the blacked out grill, no corral, wings or pony. It had a big gas cap in back, (might have been smaller than your faux) but it actually was a gas cap. :)

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
The Mach will probably get a blacked out Pony on the back. I'm not a fan of anything but the galloping pony logo. I'd rather have the old tri-bar pony on the sides too, but there the Mach will have to stay. I think the black hood and side graphics will look awesome with the DHG too.

Back in the '80s, my '67 Dark Moss Green 390 GTA Fastback looked like the Bullitt car except the side scoop detail and mine had a pair of KC 100w driving lights in the blacked out grill, no corral, wings or pony. It had a big gas cap in back, (might have been smaller than your faux) but it actually was a gas cap. :)
What happened to your '67? Saw one just like that for sale last year and was thinking about buying it but chickened out and decided to go Bullitt.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
@themikedean on Insta
138401993_232807264951646_5806759735373220549_n.jpg

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
What happened to your '67? Saw one just like that for sale last year and was thinking about buying it but chickened out and decided to go Bullitt.
After owning for ten years and sold it in '88 for $3750 because I had no place to park it. Five years later you couldn't have touched it for less than $30k. It was a CA car with a little surface rust in the pass. foot area from the previous owner not fixing a leaky heater core for a while. Rebuilt the 390 and added Isky cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley 780 vac. sec. carb, full length Hooker headers and retrofitted the dist. with a Mallory Unilite electronic ignition kit. The thing ran strong and started the first time, every time with no choke, just two pump of the throttle. 14 flat quarter mile @ 97mph with 3.00 freeway gears, and still in second gear crossing the line. Used to tick off a lot of the small block guys. Really wish I'd put gears and a posi in the 9 inch, just to see what she'd do, guessing high 12s to low 13s.

Selling that car was one of the dumbest this I've ever done, and I've done a few.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
After owning for ten years and sold it in '88 for $3750 because I had no place to park it. Five years later you couldn't have touched it for less than $30k. It was a CA car with a little surface rust in the pass. foot area from the previous owner not fixing a leaky heater core for a while. Rebuilt the 390 and added Isky cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley 780 vac. sec. carb, full length Hooker headers and retrofitted the dist. with a Mallory Unilite electronic ignition kit. The thing ran strong and started the first time, every time with no choke, just two pump of the throttle. 14 flat quarter mile @ 97mph with 3.00 freeway gears, and still in second gear crossing the line. Used to tick off a lot of the small block guys. Really wish I'd put gears and a posi in the 9 inch, just to see what she'd do, guessing high 12s to low 13s.

Selling that car was one of the dumbest this I've ever done, and I've done a few.
Wow, sounds like you had a lot of fun with it! Any chance of you trying to track its whereabouts?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Wow, sounds like you had a lot of fun with it! Any chance of you trying to track its whereabouts?
I'd have to go back and try and find the VIN, etc. I know the plates have changed, and I don't know if I have an old reg. card. I don't want an original or restored '67, though I super modern Restomod or new Dynacorn chassis with a Coyote, A10, giant brakes, etc. would be AWESOME. One of the other reasons I sold the '67 was it started costing my a small fortune fixing all the little stuff that had started to wear out after 21 years and at least 235k miles, it was a driver.

I promise this is the last hijack of this thread. If you want to talk about my '67 PM me. :D