Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Please explain this "poors" thing to me. I interpret it as people who do not have the money to buy the new 500 and yet complain about it. Is that about right?
I don’t know who came up with it, but when I started seeing it referred to in all caps (POOR) I assumed it was an acronym for Priced Out Of Range. Sorta clever.
Sort of. Transferred over from gun guru stuff. Quality parts vs knockoffs etc.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sort of. Transferred over from gun guru stuff. Quality parts vs knockoffs etc.
hmm. I'm a gun guy and I never heard of that term.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Hmmm so a base optioned with

Twister orange /w blue vinyl stripe
Tech package
Black roof

I think the ADM game will not last long at this level. But who knows. Def will be keeping my GT350 for a while longer.

After redoing a few things and getting the price corrected,

Twister orange /w Blue vinyl stripe
Tech Package
Black Roof

That is without Tax Tag Title, and of course without a ADM.
The adm game goes on all day long with cars way more expensive than this. Dealers will play the adm game to the fullest, until the cars sit for 12 mos.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The adm game goes on all day long with cars way more expensive than this. Dealers will play the adm game to the fullest, until the cars sit for 12 mos.
Look at Jeep Gladiators there playing the ADM game with them also.

Sponsored

Powerwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I'll get one for MSRP ordered. The last time I saw one the dealer had, a gt350 the paint on my 2014 looked 10x better. I dont want one a dealer has been able to touch for very long.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
http://fordauthority.com/2019/06/optional-shelby-gt350-gurney-flap-explained/

As a novice I thought this article was informative regarding the gurney flap. Also has a lot of pictures of the flap on the GT350
Did you happen to read the 4 comments below in the article??????? Although they "BOUGHT & PAID" FOR A GURNEY FLAP THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD NEEDS TO INTERVENE AND SOLVE THIS ISSUE. I WOULD GLADLY ORDER A "GURNEY FLAP" ON A STAND ALONE BASIS BUT IAM NOT WILLING TO SPEND $1,500 FOR THE "HANDLING PACKAGE" WHEN THE ONLY THING I REALLY WANT IS THE GURNEY FLAPPER. DID YOU NOTICE THAT THE COMMENTERS ALSO HAVE CALLED FORD PARTS AND FORD PERFORMANCE AND NOBODY HAS A PART NUMBER OR FOR THAT MATTER THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CUSTOMER IS EVEN TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY GIVES YOU ALOT OF CONFIDENCE ABOUT ORDERING THE "HANDLING PACKAGE" DOESN'T IT!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!?????

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford's special order process now a days is really F'ed up no one knows what the hell is going on.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford's special order process now a days is really F'ed up no one knows what the hell is going on.
No, its the same as the GT350. Each dealer gets X number of allocations and that is all they are allowed to sell.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
No, its the same as the GT350. Each dealer gets X number of allocations and that is all they are allowed to sell.
Unless of course they "buy allocations" from other Ford Dealers. I know of a dealer that bought 8 allocations from "Other Ford Dealers". This is quite the "SPECTACLE" if you really start digging in and talking to alot of dealers like I have. I spoke to a dealer in California on wednesday that said he had "78 people" on his list wanting a GT 500 and he is just waiting to find out "how many cars" he is going to get. I know for a fact he is a HUGE DEALER and will get the GOLDEN TICKET PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, if a Ford GT were sitting next to a totally loaded GT500 - from just a monetary standpoint, it makes more sense to buy the Ford GT (which can also be daily driven or tracked).... and if someone is nuts enough for plunking down $$$ and mothballing either as a so called ‘investment’ - the Ford GT comes out on top instantly. The GT500 won’t see Ford GT investment value until another 20 years thereafter, while the Ford GT will have doubled its value within the first 5 years... LOL.

ADM isn’t going to cease to exist just because Ford’s MRSP + add-ons is currently insane; once those GT500’s hit the lots MSRP means nothing and expect at least another $10k+ markup on top of sticker.... ‘just because’ ... and people WILL still plunk down the cashola...

If someone really wants a GT500 - wait for them to show up used, you will not have to pay over sticker and the depreciation hit will already have been absorbed by the original buyer.

I surely hope Ford quality on the GT500 is above average from the rest of the S550 line and that they have rigorously tested that drivetrain to hell and back before releasing it to the public. Otherwise you know the first thread from a GT500 owner who just blew $100k will be posting how the engine is rattling, it burns oil, the trans overheated at a track event, the AC evap core failed, it has a driveline vibe, the body panel gaps are horrendous and the paint quality sucks.... :giggle:
Sponsored