Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 carbon fiber wheels! (Up close/personal with measurements and weights.)

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I think this will go the way of the GT350 CF wheels. You will see them for sale every now and then (usually because someone thinks it is a payday by parting his car out after buying a set of signature wheels), but they won't be cheap and they won't pop up all the time. My prediction is after a few model years, you will probably see them in the classified section for around the 15K+ mark. I think a guy just sold his for 18K

I bought the CF wheel warranty. I don't foresee the need to have an extra set of CF wheels laying around. I already have two sets for my Rs, and all they do is take up space. Don't get me wrong, for the right price, I'd be all over having an extra set. However I think at this point in my life, I can find better ways to spend $15K+ for a redundancy.

Oh, and BTW, these wheels are so totally repairable. I have a CF wheel repair thread here on the forum. Its a hassle, but even if you cant get the warranty, you can still fix your wheels.
I pulled the info on ford website for tire and wheel warranty looks like each state uses different companies according to ford im wondering how everyone is getting the wheel warranty have you checked to reinsure that they cover carbon wheels i know they cover the stock wheels but not carbon
232D56CC-4D1E-49D1-AF9F-36A27E92DECA.png
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its the same wheel warranty on my 17 AG GT350R.
Same program
Same provider
Same everything.

The other fine print that you missed says it has to be bought at the time of vehicle purchase. Maybe that is the issue?

tirecare.jpg

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I just watched it in its entirety. That was funny, nice fedex plug.
Thank you sir! I had to give my employer a nod. I wasn’t sure how beat-up the boxes would arrive and it was all good!

I have fun making these videos, but the editing takes FOREVER!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thank you sir! I had to give my employer a nod. I wasn’t sure how beat-up the boxes would arrive and it was all good!

I have fun making these videos, but the editing takes FOREVER!
You can't beat the shipping discount. We have to be present to show ID at the time of shipment. Are you able to authorize another shipper to send you stuff using your 75% discount?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You can't beat the shipping discount. We have to be present to show ID at the time of shipment. Are you able to authorize another shipper to send you stuff using your 75% discount?
If my shipping account number is on the package, I get the bill with my discount.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If my shipping account number is on the package, I get the bill with my discount.
nice. i wish they would let us do it that way

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Laying the wheels face down on the drive way or garage floor is rolling the dice, don't you think? The reason I ask if I paid that much money for a set of these wheels you better believe the face would be on cardboard or a blanket. Enjoy your wheels impressive.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I jumped a little when I saw that too...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Laying the wheels face down on the drive way or garage floor is rolling the dice, don't you think? The reason I ask if I paid that much money for a set of these wheels you better believe the face would be on cardboard or a blanket. Enjoy your wheels impressive.
I jumped a little when I saw that too...
What you didn’t see is me ever-so-gently putting it face down to confirm the raised wheel guard on the tire keeps the wheel face from contacting.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ever-so-gently works.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
They would be laying on my bed and I'm sleeping with them.. Sorry honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
I totally agree with buying spare parts for your cars even if they are very expensive. Who knows the way these wheels will go but for the moment they are limited and expensive technology. I bought spare sets of wheels for our Ford GTs, both types and they are still costly but readily available and roughly the same price they have always been. When I was a boy the magnesium wheels were all the rage. Now those old wheels are many times not useable due to age. I'm still not sold on fiberglass wheels no matter what they cost what you call them or what the engineers say. Shelving these wheels may be prudent but Keep in mind that stuff still ages even in stored mode. Our CFTP gets delivered this week. Don't know if I will pull them in lieu of another set or just run them and enjoy them.
Sponsored