Sponsored

2020 Mustang-inspired EV

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
This is disgusting. ford is showing signs of desperation and it has poor leaders as of late.
Sponsored

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Really sad to see Ford failing like this. Hopefully they hit rock bottom soon.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Yeah, that's honestly somewhat bearable if they did away with the tri-bars. Also, x2 on having been suggesting "Lightning" for a while now
Why Lightning when they can use Thunderbolt? (lightning inspired Expedition that never made it to production).

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why Lightning when they can use Thunderbolt? (lightning inspired Expedition that never made it to production).
I feel like "thunderbolt" is a bit corny, and doesn't have the heritage that "lightning" does. But definitely not an awful suggestion, and a HELL of a lot better than "Mach 1"

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I feel like "thunderbolt" is a bit corny, and doesn't have the heritage that "lightning" does. But definitely not an awful suggestion, and a HELL of a lot better than "Mach 1"
Actually, there is solid heritage in "Thunderbolt". What it was, was a very limited production, rude, nasty, big-block beast built to bring drag racing honors to Ford - about as opposite to any notion of silent EV performance as you can get. I was fortunate enough to have seen one of those cars back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fairlane_Thunderbolt

"Lightning" as a physical phenomenon is much more evocative of electricity than the rumble of thunder that is merely a by-product of that electrical discharge.

Norm

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Personally, I'd like to see the '68 Cougar taillight treatment on a modern vehicle. The Ford electric CUV would be a good place for that.
As a '67 (first year) Cougar owner, I agree wholeheartedly. :like:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I have been saying this for a while. 3.5TT and electric motors on the front tires.

Would be heavy but it would be fast.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Still looks like a Mustang on stilts. Ugh.

Norm
Ugh, indeed. Almost as bad as the idea itself is the fact that this has doomed us to having to look at a bunch of renderings of jacked up Mustangs.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone is up in arms about nothing. Every artist rendition I've ever seen Ford release has been vague and the end product has never had any resemblance to the artist rendition.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, there is solid heritage in "Thunderbolt". What it was, was a very limited production, rude, nasty, big-block beast built to bring drag racing honors to Ford - about as opposite to any notion of silent EV performance as you can get. I was fortunate enough to have seen one of those cars back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fairlane_Thunderbolt

"Lightning" as a physical phenomenon is much more evocative of electricity than the rumble of thunder that is merely a by-product of that electrical discharge.

Norm
Ah hell, I completely forgot about that thunderbolt! I even had a hot wheels thunderbolt when I was younger :doh:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Damn wanted to see how it would sound with some nice Corsa Exhaust on this :giggle:

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring