2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
I have seen that the Transit Date is the estimated days in transit, from the Shipment Date. Remember, this is an estimate using a set formula with many unseen variables.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If that is true then it is double the number my dealer told me, and I asked him specifically how long Mustangs take from the rail yard to the depot near his dealership. And he says that number has been consistent over a number of years.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
am told it only takes 1-2 weeks, including vehicle movement and staging. My car has received all updates, as of November 18, and is at the 2 week mark at the Mod Shop.
Ron: How did you learn that the update for all those cars would only take two weeks? And, how did you learn that your car is in the Mod Shop?

Good news, nonetheless, many thanks.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
@Snoopy49, another question to you. Once the car is released/awaiting shipping, is it really out of Fords hands and is now basically up to transport, weather rail or truck for moving the vehicle to next step? In transit. Who creates the routing to geographical locations for transport?

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
If that is true then it is double the number my dealer told me, and I asked him specifically how long Mustangs take from the rail yard to the depot near his dealership. And he says that number has been consistent over a number of years.
That is fine. Remember that there is time from "Release" to pick-up at the FRAP, staging at the originating rail yard, staging time at waypoints, staging time at the final delivery yard and pick-up/transport time OTR to the dealership. It is a formulized estimate.

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ron: How did you learn that the update for all those cars would only take two weeks?
Speaking with Tony at Ford Performance yesterday. The update might only take 30 minutes, but there may also be quality control or testing as well. Most of the time may be getting limited resources to your specific vehicle

And, how did you learn that your car is in the Mod Shop?
A FRAP insider, confirmed by Tony at Ford Performance.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM MY DEALERSHIP...

GSM called Detroit to determine the status of my and another GT500 order. He was told that they would not ship until February/March of 2020. Ford would not say why but this is consistent with the October Produced/In Production CFTP vehicles. None have gone to Penske as none have been released by the FRAP. Our guess is that it has something to do with one or more issues with the CF Wheels, CF Splitter, CF Wing, Sport Cup2 tires and/or chassis strength due to the Rear Seat Delete. Who knows at this point? Calibration updates have been completed and all other aspects of the car is otherwise same as the Base model.

To bad for the other Shelby ordered at it has a pre-paid appointment for a wide-body upgrade in early January. Ford asked for my phone number to personally call me with an apology. Frustrated by the inconsistent message as received from Ford Performance.

I will wait and discontinue posting potential misinformation as I am getting significantly different messaging from all levels at Ford. A higher level of patience is in order for this incredible car. Will appreciate it that much more...

Frustrated, but still happy to be in the game!!! :)

Last edited:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
the number of "transit days" is printed on the invoice that the dealer gets....It may or may not be accurate or consistent with actual days it takes for this vehicle or past vehicles...but there is an "official" number. Would be interesting to see if this number on the invoice matches what the data dump shows.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Snoopy49, another question to you. Once the car is released/awaiting shipping, is it really out of Fords hands and is now basically up to transport, weather rail or truck for moving the vehicle to next step? In transit. Who creates the routing to geographical locations for transport?
It usually goes from Released to Received to Shipped.
Released from the plant for shipping
Received by the shipper for Shipping
Shipped by Rail or Convoy

The shipper is responsible for the shipping logistics.

Sponsored

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Got off the phone with Noah at FP. Cars hung up in mod shop with side stripes and handling package. Guess I wont get my car before I head back to Afghan on the 17th. Ugh.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I got told the same thing. Stripes is one thing but the handling package is just boxes of the material to load in the car for install at the dealership.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Guess I wont get my car before I head back to Afghan on the 17th. Ugh.
Wee: If that upcoming trip is for what I think it might be, you be careful, son.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Got off the phone with Noah at FP. Cars hung up in mod shop with side stripes and handling package. Guess I wont get my car before I head back to Afghan on the 17th. Ugh.
I echo KB words you be careful get back soon to enjoy the car

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Wee: If that upcoming trip is for what I think it might be, you be careful, son.
Probably not. Ill be back in Feb for 2 weeks then headed back out. Just was hoping to get my car before i left this time
Sponsored