AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Yay to cheap foreign made junk.
I know, I ran into the same issue with my C5 vette a few years back, there were specific Oil sensors that were coveted and certain ones that were considered faulty.
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Following up.
Couldn't locate any obvious loose connections, not sure if all wires are pinned out correctly.

Went to dealership, even though they seem to be avoiding issues and call backs, they hooked the car up and did a full scan on the electronics.

With the exception of one sync fault that the mechanic said was no issue, possibly low battery during shipping, there were no faults at all found.
The mechanic and the service writer both seemed to be very responsive and willing to help with the car. Much appreciated.
His suggestion was to keep driving and see if the wrench pops up again.

Car runs and drives fine, definitely kills dinos, 12-14 mph is where its at and that is not racing the car at all. I have gotten on it, but far from anything close to racing.
I wonder if this car will drink a full tank in two 20 minute sessions, maybe three sessions MAX.
At track attack we had the cars get filled up twice. Once after the morning drag session and then towards the end of the road course session. They drink a lot!

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
New oil pressure sensor / sender solved my present issue.
Let's hope wrench doesn't come back.

Let's see if this is just the beginning of fun with the 500 or the last issue.

On the other side, my dealership was all but worthless this time. Unresponsive is a compliment for their team.

Luckily calling around to other parts counters at other dealerships I was able to find out the part is on national backorder and is used on all Mustangs (looks like 2018 or newer) with PP2 package and maybe even other vehicles. One of those dealerships even did a part locator for me and found one dealership in the area that had stock. 10 minute fix, hours of frustration dealing with people who just don't want to do their job.
The other two dealerships I spoke with to track down the part seem to have some people who do care bout their job, thanks Hoffman Ford for helping, you guys will start to get some of my money.

Sorry to come off like a PITA, but this whole process with this car is driving me toward ANY other brand. Sad, I love the product, it's just the people and care they don't have that is the problem.

FORD if you are listening, do you even care?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jeremy: Very sorry for your issues and resulting attitude change. We're all human and we all pretty much react the same way under similar circumstances. In my limited experience and despite a few hiccups, I've found that Ford vehicles still have superior QC over GM and Chrysler. But again, that's my personal experience and I'm as prone to an attitude change as you.

PS. That sure is a purdy car. :-)

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
New oil pressure sensor / sender solved my present issue.
Let's hope wrench doesn't come back.

Let's see if this is just the beginning of fun with the 500 or the last issue.

On the other side, my dealership was all but worthless this time. Unresponsive is a compliment for their team.

Luckily calling around to other parts counters at other dealerships I was able to find out the part is on national backorder and is used on all Mustangs (looks like 2018 or newer) with PP2 package and maybe even other vehicles. One of those dealerships even did a part locator for me and found one dealership in the area that had stock. 10 minute fix, hours of frustration dealing with people who just don't want to do their job.
The other two dealerships I spoke with to track down the part seem to have some people who do care bout their job, thanks Hoffman Ford for helping, you guys will start to get some of my money.

Sorry to come off like a PITA, but this whole process with this car is driving me toward ANY other brand. Sad, I love the product, it's just the people and care they don't have that is the problem.

FORD if you are listening, do you even care?
let’s hope it’s the fix.

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
It’s all I got left.

Thanks. I’m not prepared for the possible CVT. Oh i mean DCT replacement if that’s the issue.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
You asking me?

My car is stock and hasn’t had wrench light in about 200-250 miles.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I am still waiting for my warrantee oil pressure sensor.
Also waiting for a replacement carbon fiber front wheel from day one. Car came with heat coating scratched off on one.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

Dmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Ive had the same problem twice. My problem occurred (both times) backing out of the driveway at 5:30am going to the gym. No codes stored in the car but i immediately received a notice on my app. Dealer can’t find anything.
Sponsored