Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
So I recently won an auction on BaT for a 2020 Heritage 350. I say "WON" in a bitter sweet way. My limit was $80k (which is already obscene) but I got roped into the moment, and was like "what's another $500 bucks?"... that turned into another $5000 plus auction fees so here we are. Hopefully not a huge LOSER when it comes to enjoying it and or reselling it.

The car has PPF, and Ceramic, fully optioned the way I wanted it, low miles, and the extra goodies. I'm feeling excited and kind of like wtf did I do? I've got a Heritage GT500 on order but as of this writing, no vin or build date...so I lost my marbles scratched that itch, and figured this was a good way to spend the next 4 or 5 months waiting for that car.

On the upside, I'll finally get the thrill and experience of a GT350 which I've wanted since 2015. It will also be nice to objectively determine the preferred machine after the G500 finally arrives (summer?).

It will also be novel and fun for a while to own both HE Shelby cars. On the downside, I don't expect to keep 4 cars and there is only so many hours in a day and only so much garage space. . So 2 will have to go. Yea, good problem to have, I guess.

So my fellow community S550 and GT350 lovers, am I going to like this car or what? I'm picking it up in Houston and driving it to FL/NJ. Then tell me... is it good times ahead? Will I get tired of shifting gears again? Will I be paranoid about putting mileage and road grime on it? Parking lot door dings? Truth be told, I want to drive it like i stole it and have not a worry in the world.

Please celebrate with me. Excited but nervous.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You'll never get tired of it. But you mentioned door dings, parking lot stuff, etc. Thats the worst part about owning these cars. I domt like paking it out of my sight because of your concerns.

With that said, you can still enjoy the car for what it is. I use my cars for track and fun. I dont regret a moment. As long as you don't plan on selling down the road and getting the BaT ADM back, then you are set. If you can afford the car, enjoy it and don't look back.

P.S. I like the 500 better

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm sure you will enjoy the car. As far as door dings, etc. my OCD about the car went out the window when I started tracking it. I still maintain it well, keep it waxed, etc. but I no longer sweat the small stuff like I did with my previous Mustangs. I am also older now so I've gained some perspective.

Question: how annoying is it to have to have someone fill up gas for you all the time? I just had to get gas in NJ for the first time the other day and it was a PITA. Took twice as long and all the guy did was make a mess of my windshield with a dirty squeegee....

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you will enjoy the car. As far as door dings, etc. my OCD about the car went out the window when I started tracking it. I still maintain it well, keep it waxed, etc. but I no longer sweat the small stuff like I did with my previous Mustangs. I am also older now so I've gained some perspective.

Question: how annoying is it to have to have someone fill up gas for you all the time? I just had to get gas in NJ for the first time the other day and it was a PITA. Took twice as long and all the guy did was make a mess of my windshield with a dirty squeegee....
Welcome to NJ. When I was a kid I pumped gas for years as a job. So I've been on both sides of the pump. It's nice for the ladies and elderly. I had an idiot dump gas on the bumper filler plastic of my GNX, (the cap behind the license plate is notoriously messy fill up). So there's that.

But yea, I try to tip the guys pumping the gas and often ask them to be careful not to spill. Dirty Jersey.

Btw, NJ has some of the lowest gas prices in the US. Probably because we make it here.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Welcome to NJ. When I was a kid I pumped gas for years as a job. So I've been on both sides of the pump. It's nice for the ladies and elderly. I had an idiot dump gas on the bumper filler plastic of my GNX, (the cap behind the license plate is notoriously messy fill up). So there's that.

But yea, I try to tip the guys pumping the gas and often ask them to be careful not to spill. Dirty Jersey.

Btw, NJ has some of the lowest gas prices in the US. Probably because we make it here.
That’s funny Tony. I used to pump gas at my Father-in-laws gas station in Queens, NY. I was always careful with customers cars.

As for when I lived in NJ, the only place I could not pump my own gas was on the Turnpike. My local guys never bothered me and if I needed gas elsewhere I just gave them the “look”. :giggle:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Are you going to die one day?
YES...!

Do you know when?
NO...!

Enjoy the hell out of it... the VooDoo exhaust is acoustical crack and you will never get tired of listening to it. The Ford Philharmonic Flat-Planed Crank 32-Valve Orchestra is glorious.
In traffic, I actually welcome yellow lights because I get to row through the gears and hear that VooDoo sing.

Don't save it for the next guy...!!!!

Congrats on the purchase!

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to die one day?
YES...!

Do you know when?
NO...!

Enjoy the hell out of it... the VooDoo exhaust is acoustical crack and you will never get tired of listening to it. The Ford Philharmonic Flat-Planed Crank 32-Valve Orchestra is glorious.
In traffic, I actually welcome yellow lights because I get to row through the gears and hear that VooDoo sing.

Don't save it for the next guy...!!!!

Congrats on the purchase!
I'll be driving up 95 through GA in a couple weeks. You near 95? Photo op.

@Bikeman315 SC too. 😁

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

@Bikeman315 SC too. 😁
If you are picking up in fl and taking it to jersey, count me in. Pm me of you are going up 95 through fl.

I used to fly in the NJ guard at McGuire. What exit are you? I was 98.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I drove multiple GT500s (I was looking at the base) and multiple GT350s - back to back
For street driving I preferred the GT350 - was just more fun cruising around

The GT500 was definitely faster- but for the 90% of the time I wasnt in it- I enjoyed the 350 more (that and I like the sound better)

Ideally I would like to own both- but since I dont track my cars- GT350 for back road fun was more fun to me - although I can see how some would like the GT500 better .....just all personal taste

My vote is if you can only keep 2 cars- keep the 350 and the 500 and get rid of everything else : )

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Congrats! Sweet HE and glad you'll be driving it instead of stashing it away. Plan to track it locally? Post up more pics later :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

@Bikeman315 SC too. 😁
I'd be honored!! I'm only 79 miles and 1h 32m from the 95 exit (Rt. 378 Turbeville) to MB. Roughly the same time back to 95 except you will already be in North Carolina (Rt 74 Lumberton) .

19Ingot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT PP1 A10
Congratulations man, that's awesome!! I'm jealous, quite a nice stable of ponies you're going to have....Definitely drive and enjoy it, don't think about the mileage or resale, these cars were meant to be driven...It'll be nice to experience the 5.2 flat plane and Tremec, and then the GT 500.
Sponsored