corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Is this spreadsheet supposed to show all HEP R cars built? Maybe I'm not seeing it but

1FA6P8JZ5L5551619 - HEP R - LR120 not showing on the spreadsheet.
I didn't have your chassis number, so thanks for providing that

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I didn't have your chassis number, so thanks for providing that
I have not purchased the HEP R...yet. :sunglasses: Lol. Seriously, the ADM is ridiculous right now.

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I have not purchased the HEP R...yet. :sunglasses: Lol. Seriously, the ADM is ridiculous right now.
What ADMs are you seeing since itā€™s right at the end of build dates?

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If a dealer is playing games with you about the price and "collectability" of the HEP cars...especially the R...play games back. Remind them that technically, Ford made so many HEP Rs, that it's actually the most common color you can find out there...maybe get some doubt in their heads about what they are asking for them.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Iā€™m contemplating asking the GM of my dealership if he can do anything, itā€™s ridiculous we are essentially in the same boat.
The eagle has landed! Finally got the car on Friday, in the pouring rain from the Zeta storm remnants. Then temps went into the 20ā€™s overnight, then pouring rain on Sunday and 40-50 mph winds yesterday. Finally got the car out of the garage without hazard of flying tree limbs. Supposed to be nice later this week so Iā€™ll hopefully break 100 miles on the odo.
B717337B-4203-4FAE-83E6-745A79CE0D8F.jpeg
E96668BA-6031-4A59-96B8-9A70BCDD759E.jpeg

So i had planned on taking off the shark fin antenna and replacing it w/ the hockey puck style, but thatā€™s on hold because the stripes are die cut for the fin. Just an FYI for those who had the same plan:
4981B0E8-73C5-45CC-AD37-B8B92D2F5D6F.jpeg

Aside from one very small paint chip where the front fascia meets the fender, the paint overall was ok. It has more orange peel than my ā€˜11 GT500 did, but Iā€™m beginning to think that car was just really nice. panel fit was ok, needed to adjust hood height bumpers to take out some misalignment between hood and leading edge of fenders. One significant issue:

3DBB6AC8-49C9-4E2E-82B7-C3FDA2D6010C.jpeg

So the driver side fender vent was not seated correctly at the top. it looks like someone tried double sided tape but the vent must be bent or installed crooked. Dealer has ordered me a new one (on back order, go figure....). I had them try a second piece of double sided tape to tide me over until they can replace it, but it didnā€™t work. Iā€™ll pull the tape off for now, since its white color only draws attention to the gap.

My thanks to corrieb for his spreadsheet! Through it, I learned that the only realistic way to get a car w no tech pack was to order it, so I got it just in time before winter hit. Still rooting for you Bigron, hope your car arrives ASAP!
Cheers!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
The eagle has landed! Finally got the car on Friday, in the pouring rain from the Zeta storm remnants. Then temps went into the 20ā€™s overnight, then pouring rain on Sunday and 40-50 mph winds yesterday. Finally got the car out of the garage without hazard of flying tree limbs. Supposed to be nice later this week so Iā€™ll hopefully break 100 miles on the odo.

So i had planned on taking off the shark fin antenna and replacing it w/ the hockey puck style, but thatā€™s on hold because the stripes are die cut for the fin. Just an FYI for those who had the same plan:

Aside from one very small paint chip where the front fascia meets the fender, the paint overall was ok. It has more orange peel than my ā€˜11 GT500 did, but Iā€™m beginning to think that car was just really nice. panel fit was ok, needed to adjust hood height bumpers to take out some misalignment between hood and leading edge of fenders. One significant issue:

So the driver side fender vent was not seated correctly at the top. it looks like someone tried double sided tape but the vent must be bent or installed crooked. Dealer has ordered me a new one (on back order, go figure....). I had them try a second piece of double sided tape to tide me over until they can replace it, but it didnā€™t work. Iā€™ll pull the tape off for now, since its white color only draws attention to the gap.

My thanks to corrieb for his spreadsheet! Through it, I learned that the only realistic way to get a car w no tech pack was to order it, so I got it just in time before winter hit. Still rooting for you Bigron, hope your car arrives ASAP!
Cheers!

Congrats and enjoy. Looks like some nice weather for the next week. Have fun!

Sponsored

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

Cheers!
I had a similar fender vent issue along with some panel gap issues. talking to the body shop they said they do not see many straight ones, and that a Ford engineer had recently reached out to them about the issues. The body shop here says they replace both vents on just about all the ones they get in and tape them in better, but like you said they are on back order such as mine. They also said since this is not a high production car that the fenders are not mass produced like a regular production car, so the fenders are not all made the same. I guess that being aluminum they have had issues with them being the same as well, therefore leading to the fitment issues.

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
If anyone is interested in a HEP R with tech and carbon fiber dash, 2211 is now available. I ordered it July 27 and itā€™s been sitting in Atlanta waiting to ship since Oct 1. I decided against buying it after dealing with Ford corporate. They were offering $5,000 ADM to me. Hope it goes to a good home!!

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
If anyone is interested in a HEP R with tech and carbon fiber dash, 2211 is now available. I ordered it July 27 and itā€™s been sitting in Atlanta waiting to ship since Oct 1. I decided against buying it after dealing with Ford corporate. They were offering $5,000 ADM to me. Hope it goes to a good home!!
How could they do that after you ordered it? Thatā€™s Not Right!

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
How could they do that after you ordered it? Thatā€™s Not Right!
Oh I canceled the deal, not them. Corporate told me that it wouldnā€™t make it out of the lot until more cars come to ship it to Florida, then told me to call someone else if I wanted to expedite it. I just decided I had enough. My experience with Ford and this GT350 I already have was terrible, between blown engines, etc. I just decided to leave the blue oval and move on.
Sponsored