corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Hopefully the guys who were looking for a GT350 HEP R can now get one for MSRP
Hey you think you could edit your message to avoid quoting the whole list? Just makes the thread easier to browse. :like:
Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Hopefully the guys who were looking for a GT350 HEP R can now get one for MSRP
I should think so. It’s a great package and it was my second choice for color. Having just come from owning an older GT500 in black, the thought of keeping a white car looking spic and span was more than I could handle.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Mine was like that for almost two weeks. Mine was delivered just a day shy of my ETA end date so you shouldn't worry. My chassis number is LO118 and I saw people have higher chassis numbers that have been delivered before mine. I was really nervous when I saw it change into carrier transportation because there was a hurricane storm that hit while it was in that status and there was a trailer was transporting cars and crashed on the highway.

Thankful everything worked out.
Good information, thanks. Glad everything worked out for you with the end result of a safe delivery. I am not worried per say, just getting impatient. I am guessing another two to three weeks tops.

Based on the lack of data it is hard to say how long a Shelby sits on the lot once it is produced before it is shipped, but the one account I did find was about 3 weeks. More accounts would help codify that data, but could not really pull additional data from this thread. I would also be interested in produced to delivered timeframes for both rail and convoy transportations.

Time will tell.

I noticed your avatar, so out of curiosity, what is your association with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Good information, thanks. Glad everything worked out for you with the end result of a safe delivery. I am not worried per say, just getting impatient. I am guessing another two to three weeks tops.

Based on the lack of data it is hard to say how long a Shelby sits on the lot once it is produced before it is shipped, but the one account I did find was about 3 weeks. More accounts would help codify that data, but could not really pull additional data from this thread. I would also be interested in produced to delivered timeframes for both rail and convoy transportations.

Time will tell.

I noticed your avatar, so out of curiosity, what is your association with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)?
I feel you and thanks. I was pretty impatient too, I wasn't at first but after I found out that it was ready I became impatient. For some people it takes way longer. There was a guy on here that ordered his GT350 for Christmas last year and it wasn't built until June of this year. I secured an order for a GT350 in May, and when it was made around the same time in June and ours were both transported together. He lived only a few states away and mine came 2-3 weeks after he got his. Mine sat on the lot at the Factory for about 2 weeks and the railway took about 3 weeks and the convoy lasted only a few days.

That was my unit, I joined the Army out of high school back in 2012 and got assigned to Fort Campbell. I was there from 2012-2015. My MOS was 11B, I was in 1-502, 2nd Brigade which is known as 'Strike' (I am assuming you know what this means) . It was an interesting experience to say the very least lol. Im glad Im out now but there are some things I do miss. The emblem on the left is like the unofficial emblem, it was the regiment patch back in WW2 and then it changed in the 70s I think. It is still used, it just isnt worn on the dress uniform. Its probably the coolest battalion emblem I have ever seen. I'm so glad they gave us one during our deployment.

I see that you are in Clarksville, Im guessing you were in the 101 as well and just stayed in the area when you got out? I don't think it's a popular spot in Tennessee. I spent way too much money on booze partying in Nashville lol

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
I feel you and thanks. I was pretty impatient too, I wasn't at first but after I found out that it was ready I became impatient. For some people it takes way longer. There was a guy on here that ordered his GT350 for Christmas last year and it wasn't built until June of this year. I secured an order for a GT350 in May, and when it was made around the same time in June and ours were both transported together. He lived only a few states away and mine came 2-3 weeks after he got his. Mine sat on the lot at the Factory for about 2 weeks and the railway took about 3 weeks and the convoy lasted only a few days.

That was my unit, I joined the Army out of high school back in 2012 and got assigned to Fort Campbell. I was there from 2012-2015. My MOS was 11B, I was in 1-502, 2nd Brigade which is known as 'Strike' (I am assuming you know what this means) . It was an interesting experience to say the very least lol. Im glad Im out now but there are some things I do miss. The emblem on the left is like the unofficial emblem, it was the regiment patch back in WW2 and then it changed in the 70s I think. It is still used, it just isnt worn on the dress uniform. Its probably the coolest battalion emblem I have ever seen. I'm so glad they gave us one during our deployment.

I see that you are in Clarksville, Im guessing you were in the 101 as well and just stayed in the area when you got out? I don't think it's a popular spot in Tennessee. I spent way too much money on booze partying in Nashville lol
Thank you for your service. A lot of history with the 502nd, recommend you read the book Black Hearts, if you have not already. I do live in Clarksville and we were actually at Campbell during the same time period. I was assigned there from 2012 to 2017, with one trip to Afghanistan (2013-2104). I retired in 2017. I was in HHBn (DIV HQs), 101st. Did 4 years as an Assistant Inspector General, a job I currently hold as a DA Civilian, working in the same office I did as a service member. Campbell is great installation to retire at, as the community is military friendly and has good opportunities for retired veterans, which is why we decided to stay....at least for the time being. Wife is trying to get me to go back to Texas, but that is not happening anytime soon. I didn't do too much partying as I was married. I did a lot at my first duty station in Germany though, and when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas. Hit up 6th Street in Austin many of weekends.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Thank you for your service. A lot of history with the 502nd, recommend you read the book Black Hearts, if you have not already. I do live in Clarksville and we were actually at Campbell during the same time period. I was assigned there from 2012 to 2017, with one trip to Afghanistan (2013-2104). I retired in 2017. I was in HHBn (DIV HQs), 101st. Did 4 years as an Assistant Inspector General, a job I currently hold as a DA Civilian, working in the same office I did as a service member. Campbell is great installation to retire at, as the community is military friendly and has good opportunities for retired veterans, which is why we decided to stay....at least for the time being. Wife is trying to get me to go back to Texas, but that is not happening anytime soon. I didn't do too much partying as I was married. I did a lot at my first duty station in Germany though, and when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas. Hit up 6th Street in Austin many of weekends.
Thanks for your service too, yes there is a lot of history with the unit and it is an honor that I was able to be part of it and contribute. I now have a greater appreciation for those who served before me. Yes I heard of the book, I never read it completely but, I can relate to it because we had similar issues during our deployment because of bad/toxic leadership. Low on manpower with the stress of constantly going out completely and being isolated from everyone else. Strangely enough, I was in Bravo Company but was not in 1st platoon. That is very interesting, we were in Afghanistan together too I was there at the beginning of 2014. My squad and 2 others were the first ones to go over there (I forget what you call it but its the people who go before the main body goes). I was surprised when we got there because some of our battalion HQ people were there so you may have been a part of that pre-deplyoment command group. I wonder if you guys ever kept tabs on my company since we got assigned to SOTF (Special Operations), we were isolated, we we only saw the BC once and our CO like 3 times.

Thats great, that seems like a pretty nice job. I started seeking medical care for all of my medical issues after I got back from the deployment and was eventually med boarded, so I am medically retired. I was only 21 at the time so alot of the opportunities didn't really apply to me and I didn't really understand what was going on. I remember feeling very out of place during the retirement briefings, since none of the stuff applied to me and everyone was 20+ years older than me. I thought about saying in Tennessee but I made a plan with my squad buddy to move to California together and go to college and use the GI Bill. I am going to school to become a doctor now, I'm hoping to use some of the advantages retired veterans have to end up working for the government, I really want to work at a military hospital and be something like a DA Civilian like yourself or be involved with the med boards, I met alot of doctors during that process and it is a big reason why I want to become a doctor.

Wow Germany was your first duty station? Im jealous. 6th street must have been fun, yeah you shouldn't be doing a whole lot of partying when you are married haha.

3Pedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jaguar XF S SportBrake 2014 Lexus LX570 2017 MINI Clubman S All4 6MT
Love this thread, new here, I'm currently searching for a used 2016 Track Pack up to a new 2019 or 2020. Drove a 2016 Track Pack yesterday, my first GT350 experience
There's only 1 other New one in Denver area at MSRP, one dealer is still marking theirs up $10K.
I've had my eye on this Twister Orange, about 5 hours away, waiting for them to get it in and now I see it's the only one the spreadsheet that shows Damaged, will be very interesting to see how much damage there is and how much it will be discounted, and will the CarFax show Damage Reported ?
I like every color for 2019 & 2020, even thinking of the Grabber Lime, like this one, no black roof either so it's definitely bold, discounted pretty well now - 2020 Grabber Lime SD

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Bingo! Got this notification tonight. I am guessing maybe a three day trip from FRAP to Nashville, TN. Planning on taking it straight from the dealer for PPF, Ceramic Coating, and Tint installation. So hoping to bring it home by this weekend. Been without my 19R for almost 3 weeks, going through withdraws.
IMG_1057.jpg
View attachment 500674

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Dealer texted me this morning, that 1460 had arrived.........with a delivery date of 01-01-1980.

RYM972-696x442.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

Going to the dealer in the morning to get the paperwork finalized and then its off to PPF, Paint Correction, and Ceramic Coating. Hope to bring it home Saturday.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stime34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Vehicle Showcase
@corrieb VIN-1676 HEP, Chasis #L0184 - Sold
Picking it up on Friday.
Big thanks for the spreadsheet, links, info, funny/sad/awesome stories that everyone has posted. This is a fantastic community and look forward to trying to contribute anyway I can.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Went to the dealer to sign the papers and finalize everything. This was the only picture I took, Chassis #LR087. Based on inspection everything looked good, as I could find no damage and all the lines looked good, with no noticeable bumper gaps. The R was pretty scuzzy from sitting on the lot and it appeared it had been rained on (no surprise). The dirt and crud made it difficult to inspect the rims, but they looked ok. I didn't want to rub every questionable mark I saw on them. The couple I did, however, rubbed off. The lead tech had just finished installing the splitter when arrived, and said he had done a hand-full of 350 and 500 splitter installs. He made a point to mention he made sure all the splitter tabs were seated. He also told me I made a wise choice in not having the dealer wash the car. I figured I made the right choice in that regard, but it does hinder from being able to conduct a close and thorough inspection. The car will get released tomorrow once the check arrives, which then Velocity Motorcars will come and pick the car up in their enclosed trailer and take it to their shop for the paint correction, PPF, and ceramic coating. Here is to hoping to have it by the weekend!

IMG_1062.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Went to the dealer to sign the papers and finalize everything. This was the only picture I took, Chassis #LR087. Based on inspection everything looked good, as I could find no damage and all the lines looked good, with no noticeable bumper gaps. The R was pretty scuzzy from sitting on the lot and it appeared it had been rained on (no surprise). The dirt and crud made it difficult to inspect the rims, but they looked ok. I didn't want to rub every questionable mark I saw on them. The couple I did, however, rubbed off. The lead tech had just finished installing the splitter when arrived, and said he had done a hand-full of 350 and 500 splitter installs. He made a point to mention he made sure all the splitter tabs were seated. He also told me I made a wise choice in not having the dealer wash the car. I figured I made the right choice in that regard, but it does hinder from being able to conduct a close and thorough inspection. The car will get released tomorrow once the check arrives, which then Velocity Motorcars will come and pick the car up in their enclosed trailer and take it to their shop for the paint correction, PPF, and ceramic coating. Here is to hoping to have it by the weekend!

IMG_1062.jpeg
Congratulations on your new HEP R!!

I understand that you are apprehensive about having the dealership wash your car and certainly get that but depending on how dirty your car is I know for a fact that some issues can be missed by to not being able to properly tell what is dirt and grime versus an issue that needs to be dealt with.

In my case I spoke to the person who heads up the PDI department at my dealership and when I heard that he was with them for the last 28 years I was quite happy and relieved.

I asked him to have my car hand washed only and by only his best detailer and wanted to inspect my car with him and the detailer while I was there. No grit in the wash cloth, etc.

They did a terrific job of washing my car and cleaning it up and I arrived when the car was being finished and could not have expected a better job and complimented both gentlemen on a job well done.

Good luck tomorrow no matter what direction that you take and hope that your delivery goes uneventful tomorrow!

:like::like:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
1607 HEP is sitting in a dealership showroom in northern Iowa, with a $2500 ADM.

I have my brain set on ordering a GT500 next year, but this car has been screaming my name since I learned about it and I think it might be the better car to have long term. But, I don't do ADMs and I'm not keen on a car payment with uncertainty at work and everywhere. On the other hand, a GT350 HEP isn't going to be around to order next year.

Ugh.
Sponsored