Sponsored

Used 2016 GT350, yay or nay?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
My 2016 Tech pack was a fantastic car. I did add coolers to mine...right before I bought my R
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you can wait, I would check out cars.com nationally and see what you can find. The 2016's were pretty solid. 49k does seem high to me though. You should be able to find even a low mileage 2018 for that price, unless the pricing has really gone crazy. I purchased my 2019 back in January and never looked back at pricing again... Right now I feel like I just hit gold in the stock market, lol... no plans to sell mine... I keep collecting magazines with all kinds of accolades for these 350's.
It's truly a privilege to own one.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoyed a lot my 2016 track pack, and I would not hesitate to buy another one.

I will also say this, and I know I will have to run for cover, but for me, an intermediate track driver, the R did not make such a huge difference on the track.

I dare to say that; would have I spent more money for a set of better/lighter wheels and cup2's on the track pack, it would be so close to the R (for my skills of course) that I wouldn't be able to tell... Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
If you can wait, I would check out cars.com nationally and see what you can find. The 2016's were pretty solid. 49k does seem high to me though. You should be able to find even a low mileage 2018 for that price, unless the pricing has really gone crazy. I purchased my 2019 back in January and never looked back at pricing again... Right now I feel like I just hit gold in the stock market, lol... no plans to sell mine... I keep collecting magazines with all kinds of accolades for these 350's.
It's truly a privilege to own one.
Keep in mind that $49k is with taxes, fees and an extended 8yr warranty. It’s more so $48.5k total out the door now with flood esp as they sell warranties for much cheaper. They listed it at $44.3K, which is cheapest I’ve found with 1 owner and low miles. But yeah, prices are soaring up and holding. From what I gather here from folks feedback this isn’t too good of a deal, so I just may hold off, save a bit more and get a 2020 next year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
so @PiZauL I talked to the owner of the car for 15 minutes by phone. He's had it for 5 months and bought it in Maryland. He's a car aficionado/collector (Demon, ZL1/1LE, Viper, etc) and is selling the Shelby on consignment to finance a GT500 purchase or at the very least vacate a garage spot for the future arrival. The 'accident' wasn't anything of the sort. The previous owner cracked the lower splitter and made an insurance claim because the part isn't exactly cheap.

He wants to offload the car by end of Sep. I have the Carfax.
12/5/17 initial sale
9/18/19 splitter claim
10/14/19 sold at auction to dealer inventory (5400 miles)
----
1/22/20 current owner purchase (5700 miles)
7/21/20 consignment (8810 miles)

The PPF wasn't done by a tier-1 installer. I'm thinking a home-body or a vinyl/tint guy did it. I test drove it around the very small parking lot which was more a waste of time more than anything but it seemed OK. They'll let you take it out on the road once you're all but ready to sign the purchase papers.

Also, I thought GT350 calipers were a proper red, like the BIllitt calipers. These have been painted a metallic gloss ruby. I didn't think to broach that but I'm guessing the 1st owner being from Florida thought they'd give it some Florida-man bling.
So I test drove this thing yesterday on the street and highway, all seems pretty legit. I think I came at least 3 times during the drive (TMI, I know.) I can see the ppf not being done by a tier 1 installer but that’s no biggy. Car seems to be an 8/10 on exterior I’d say, but owner did say it was garage kept so that's a plus. Interior didn't bother me at all, those seats are real comfortable. Sound system is garbage, but that can be fixed easily. Do you guys think $51.7k is a fair deal on this thing? Doesn't seem they're willing to budge on price. Tires are original per owner and not beat-up so that tells me car was taken care of, plus rotor wear indicates its never been tracked. The guy I drove it with says he knows the owner, and the owner drives all his cars like a sloth, lol. They are making the deal pretty appealing by delivering it for free to my house (~80 miles away). I feel it should pass MD state inspection no problem, looks to have legal window tint.. maybe will have to pull the tinted tails if they don't reflect well.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is that 51.7 out the door? Still seems a bit high, but if it's exactly what you want then I would say go for it...

OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
Is that 51.7 out the door? Still seems a bit high, but if it's exactly what you want then I would say go for it...
Nope... but this was the cheapest price I’ve found nationwide for this year and miles. Tried to negotiate with no luck. 2016’s are now popping up for 50+. Madness! It is the color combo I wanted. Anyway they gave me an awesome trade deal for my M3, so I bought it and just got it home. Love it
BE151F8E-5D18-43BA-AD08-054EA199FE83.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that is crazy. You will love the car no doubt. I have not found anything else like it. My son drove mine yesterday for about the 3rd time and he still texted me saying: "this car is unreal"

OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
Wow, that is crazy. You will love the car no doubt. I have not found anything else like it. My son drove mine yesterday for about the 3rd time and he still texted me saying: "this car is unreal"
Unreal indeed!! It was a 80 mile drive back home and I got to enjoy a mix of highway, tunnel action, and backroads. I have a 6 month old who I hope will fall in love with this thing as well and it’s a passion we can share together.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Unreal indeed!! It was a 80 mile drive back home and I got to enjoy a mix of highway, tunnel action, and backroads. I have a 6 month old who I hope will fall in love with this thing as well and it’s a passion we can share together.
Congrats on the car! That's also my hope with my 18mo old daughter, haha

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
be careful with that. Both my sons want to drive my car all the time!! They are now 19 and 21

3Pedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jaguar XF S SportBrake 2014 Lexus LX570 2017 MINI Clubman S All4 6MT
New here, had my first GT350 experience yesterday, been researching them and learning a ton from this forum over the past few months. A local dealer has a 2016 Track Pack with only 10K miles, originally purchased from Platte Valley in NE, maybe the original owner is on here ? Drove it for about 30 minutes and it's everything I expected. I loved the Recaro's but wife wants to try one with the leather ventilated seats, not many in the Denver area, but going to go look at a New 2020 this week.
2016_GT350_Grey_Side.png
2016_GT350_Grey_Rear.png

Right after I drove the 350 I was really curious about an ATS-V, there's only 1 with a 6-speed manual within 500 miles of me so I went and drove this, I have 2 kids and want usable rear seats so I'd pretty much narrowed it down to a GT350 or ATS-V (not really interested in a GT Premium with the MT-82 Getrag). The Cadillac was fun, but no comparison to the excitement of driving a GT350.
2017_ATS_V_Coupe_Front_I.jpg

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Congrats on the Shelby GT350!!
Sponsored