Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's called good business. The man waited over 7 months for his car when it should have been no more than 3. Nothing helps or hurts a business like word of mouth and they were smart to go the extra mile to do whatever they could to make it right. Good on them for what they did.
Absolutely!! I could not figure out what was so “odd” about Ford wanting to treat this customer better via home delivery after his order ordeal?
Sponsored

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
It's called good business. The man waited over 7 months for his car when it should have been no more than 3. Nothing helps or hurts a business like word of mouth and they were smart to go the extra mile to do whatever they could to make it right. Good on them for what they did.
Couldn't agree more... they have been very good and will deal with again. With that said, I won't be doing any ordering in the future but would certainly purchase something off their lot.

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
Couldn't agree more... they have been very good and will deal with again. With that said, I won't be doing any ordering in the future but would certainly purchase something off their lot.
Had they not gone the extra mile to make up for your troubles, they may have lost not only your future business but business from people you would have told about your bad experience. Glad it all worked out in the end for you and now you have a new beautiful girl at home!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats!!!!!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I see where you guys are going, but to me, waiting for 7 months because the dealer was inept and was not truthful at the time of ordering and seemingly stringing along the customer for months and months then getting the customer to spend more money is unforgivable. Nice that they delivered a car to you and made it seem like they were helping you out, but really they are just sitting there laughing. I have to believe they would love every sale to be the same. Take the customers trade up front plus cash and not need to do anything for 7 months and on top of that make even more profit with a higher priced car is the best case scenario for them. I am glad you are "happy" now, but to me you got hosed every which way but loose (thanks Clint!). Sorry if I am raining on your parade, but to say you would do business with them again really makes me wonder how you would feel that way. There weren't anything stopping them from getting you a car in the normal 12-16 weeks other than themselves. You got yourself stuck in the worst possible scenario. I feel bad for you and I would recommend that you never go to them again, not even for service. They have already screwed you over and getting a few hundred dollar car deliver should not deter you from letting others know how bad they are. If you don't you are just falling for their charade and you are just inviting this circus to happen to others. As I mentioned already, good luck and enjoy the car, out of everyone I have seen on this site you truly deserve to have fun with it.

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I see where you guys are going, but to me, waiting for 7 months because the dealer was inept and was not truthful at the time of ordering and seemingly stringing along the customer for months and months then getting the customer to spend more money is unforgivable. Nice that they delivered a car to you and made it seem like they were helping you out, but really they are just sitting there laughing. I have to believe they would love every sale to be the same. Take the customers trade up front plus cash and not need to do anything for 7 months and on top of that make even more profit with a higher priced car is the best case scenario for them. I am glad you are "happy" now, but to me you got hosed every which way but loose (thanks Clint!). Sorry if I am raining on your parade, but to say you would do business with them again really makes me wonder how you would feel that way. There weren't anything stopping them from getting you a car in the normal 12-16 weeks other than themselves. You got yourself stuck in the worst possible scenario. I feel bad for you and I would recommend that you never go to them again, not even for service. They have already screwed you over and getting a few hundred dollar car deliver should not deter you from letting others know how bad they are. If you don't you are just falling for their charade and you are just inviting this circus to happen to others. As I mentioned already, good luck and enjoy the car, out of everyone I have seen on this site you truly deserve to have fun with it.
Boy if there was a “dislike” button I would be using it a lot for posts like the one above.

First off the dealer should know its allocation status but the salespeople and even mid managers who handle customer orders at my dealership, perhaps others, have no clue they need “special permission” to order. I don’t think anyone knows as much about allocation as you do, so to me, that part is forgiveable and definitely not something Guypei “got himself into” - he ordered the car and then from there could not do the dealer’s job for them.

Since then, Guypei’s order was impacted for the worse by the Mexican strike (3 weeks no production), parts shortage, cold weather shutdown, and likely no steering wheel problem. How in the world does that equate to being Guypei’s or the dealer’s fault? Those things are all out of the dealer’s control, caused further delays, and are still not resolved.

The customer found something else he liked better and was tired of waiting. It was great that the dealer understood that, got him his new sweet ride, and delivered it. Excellent customer service there and he is happy. At least they made a sale when in reality the customer could have walked away and spent $0 there. I find it VERY hard to believe the dealer thinks this is the best outcome for them after dealing with order issues for 7 months & I bet Guypei contacted them often like I have pestered my dealer and they did SOMEthing to track or deal with his issues.

Not all of us have the option of choosing from multiple dealers with allocation. Not all of us can ensure we are treated right by our local dealer. Many of us are stuck in this “worst scenario possible” and to tell Guypei it was his fault is ridiculous.

Guypei had to get over being burnt by FORD and his dealer apparently helped with that. He is happy now so why make such a fuss about what he should think about his dealer now? If my dealer comes through with his promises after FORD has messed us both over for months and months then I will be a repeat customer and recommend the dealer to others. My husband might even get a new Ford truck to replace his Dodge. But given the way FORD plays games with allocation and priority numbers coupled with bad luck and poor decisions made by FORD factories, I, along with others on here will never order another Mustang again. This circus will happen to many others no matter what Guypei chooses to do in the future because the system is not orientated to customers, it serves FORD’s pocketbook and their pocketbook only, even at the cost of getting orders cancelled which all in all is absurd.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Boy if there was a “dislike” button I would be using it a lot for posts like the one above.

First off the dealer should know its allocation status but the salespeople and even mid managers who handle customer orders at my dealership, perhaps others, have no clue they need “special permission” to order. I don’t think anyone knows as much about allocation as you do, so to me, that part is forgiveable and definitely not something Guypei “got himself into” - he ordered the car and then from there could not do the dealer’s job for them.

Since then, Guypei’s order was impacted for the worse by the Mexican strike (3 weeks no production), parts shortage, cold weather shutdown, and likely no steering wheel problem. How in the world does that equate to being Guypei’s or the dealer’s fault? Those things are all out of the dealer’s control, caused further delays, and are still not resolved.

The customer found something else he liked better and was tired of waiting. It was great that the dealer understood that, got him his new sweet ride, and delivered it. Excellent customer service there and he is happy. At least they made a sale when in reality the customer could have walked away and spent $0 there. I find it VERY hard to believe the dealer thinks this is the best outcome for them after dealing with order issues for 7 months & I bet Guypei contacted them often like I have pestered my dealer and they did SOMEthing to track or deal with his issues.

Not all of us have the option of choosing from multiple dealers with allocation. Not all of us can ensure we are treated right by our local dealer. Many of us are stuck in this “worst scenario possible” and to tell Guypei it was his fault is ridiculous.

Guypei had to get over being burnt by FORD and his dealer apparently helped with that. He is happy now so why make such a fuss about what he should think about his dealer now? If my dealer comes through with his promises after FORD has messed us both over for months and months then I will be a repeat customer and recommend the dealer to others. My husband might even get a new Ford truck to replace his Dodge. But given the way FORD plays games with allocation and priority numbers coupled with bad luck and poor decisions made by FORD factories, I, along with others on here will never order another Mustang again. This circus will happen to many others no matter what Guypei chooses to do in the future because the system is not orientated to customers, it serves FORD’s pocketbook and their pocketbook only, even at the cost of getting orders cancelled which all in all is absurd.
Dislike me all you want for laying out the truth. I get it that some don't like that since the truth can be painful sometimes. I have no debate on something like this not being a good experience and would not wish it on anyone, but to go through it and feel happy because they shipped my car to my house making me forgive what led to that does not make sense to me. Sorry, but it would take a lot more than a cuddle with the delivery guy who brought me my car.

As for the options and choices for ordering....with knowledge comes power......the dealership has all the knowledge which I hope is agreed that they only share what they have to. With that power they can manipulate you in several ways. They know you want the car so it is easy for them. You can only combat that by getting as much of what they know before you commit. I have no idea what other people do, but I go into buying a car like it is a battle. The outcome is based on how much you "let" the dealership get away with. If you don't equalize the playing field you can get burned.

I have said my peace so discuss it amongst yourselves.

Guypei, it bears repeating that I hope you can put the journey to your new car behind you and just enjoy it now that you have it. A Bullitt is a pretty special car, so if nothing else you can lean on that. I also hope you future car buying experience is better.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
“Dislike me all you want for laying out the truth. I get it that some don't like that since the truth can be painful sometimes.”

I dislike your opinions, which are all I see you spewing from your posts above. Not sure what you are referring to as “truth” but seems to me you are confusing the two.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Honestly, I understand both your point-of-view. But I don't think it's the good place to argue about that. Bottom story, everyone should be happy for Guypei.

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
Originally my Mustang was supposed to be delivered today, it’s been showing in production since 2/25. Now showing a 3/12 delivery. Hope it waits about a month. It’s too cold to drive it anyhow. Lol
86EF10C8-7340-4DB3-8221-90B88AFF34F8.png

Sponsored

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
I’m down to two weeks. After 6 months. What could go wrong?
511FB0E0-1BF8-4F54-B0F6-06F4624A6681.png
1A1B56FA-FA6B-4CFD-B947-695361966887.png

Racered pp2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red GT PP2, 1985 Mustang gt coyote swapped
The window sticker shows up just about the time the car starts on the production line, ~1 month before your estimated delivery date.
I talked to Ford performance chat today they told me my build day will be apriA 2nd.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You will be getting yours about the same time as I will (and a couple others). Keep in mind that about 3 months or so of your wait was because you are getting a PP2. They won't build/ship them in cold weather. So you are actually getting it on time.

Ruby Red was in the running for me. It looks great especially with the gun metal wheels.
Sponsored