Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
T
Nice TLaurent! Need some outdoor pics too!
Thank you! Definitely going to take some today before I bring it home. Now if only we could get in plus digit temperatures and lose the snow lol
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Got my vin in under 2 weeks but was told window sticker is not available yet. Was told end of April or early May.
The window sticker shows up just about the time the car starts on the production line, ~1 month before your estimated delivery date.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I had gotten my Window sticker about 2 weeks before my build week. It will show up the same day the tracker moves from "in processing" to 'in production".

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
Beautiful car TLaurent!:like:
Thank you! I keep going out to look at it haha. Excited to see everyone elses soon!

Sponsored

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Here is mine. Going on three weeks like this! And as others have said, it now counts up.

Order Date: Oct. 4.
Blend Date: Jan 22.
Original Delivery Date on Tracker: Feb. 14.

screenshot-shop.ford.com-2019.03.06-12-58-24.png

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Here is mine. Going on three weeks like this! And as others have said, it now counts up.

Order Date: Oct. 4.
Blend Date: Jan 22.
Original Delivery Date on Tracker: Feb. 14.

screenshot-shop.ford.com-2019.03.06-12-58-24.png
In special circumstances like these where builds are in limbo, the online tracker is useless!! People needing information have nothing now, my status updates have come from the posts by Zooks527 who has been super helpful (seriously).

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
For everyone waiting you have to check out this article in the Detroit local paper. My order was placed last August and no foreseeable date. No one I talk to at Ford seems aware of this from what they say. This shed light on the delays, mind you it took almost 6 months to get to production... I've since cancelled my order and awaiting delivery of a Bullitt in the next hour! They had one tucked away at a local dealer. :)

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-no-steering-wheels-mexico-strike/2984225002/

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For everyone waiting you have to check out this article in the Detroit local paper. My order was placed last August and no foreseeable date. No one I talk to at Ford seems aware of this from what they say. This shed light on the delays, mind you it took almost 6 months to get to production... I've since cancelled my order and awaiting delivery of a Bullitt in the next hour! They had one tucked away at a local dealer. :)

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-no-steering-wheels-mexico-strike/2984225002/
Some of us on here are waiting on wheels, there is another thread specifically about this issue. If I could find another Mustang around here to buy without sacrificing too many “wants” I would cancel my order that I placed in October 2018. Right now I am having fun telling people that my new car was built without a steering wheel and it appears to be “lost in the shuffle” at the Flat Rock plant. The looks on their faces lol

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Some of us on here are waiting on wheels, there is another thread specifically about this issue. If I could find another Mustang around here to buy without sacrificing too many “wants” I would cancel my order that I placed in October 2018. Right now I am having fun telling people that my new car was built without a steering wheel and it appears to be “lost in the shuffle” at the Flat Rock plant. The looks on their faces lol
Good luck. I understand how painful the wait is!!!

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now I am having fun telling people that my new car was built without a steering wheel and it appears to be “lost in the shuffle” at the Flat Rock plant. The looks on their faces lol
Hell yeah. My wife is into doing this as well, apparently astounding our mechanic when she was in his shop last week for a repair.

3 degF outside this morning. I'm not missing a PP1 car with summer tires yet, but if this goes on into next month, it will be "somewhat galling". 3rd hand word from the plant ("a guy who knows a guy" - worth exactly what you paid for it) is that the upfit process is a slow slog. We'll see.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hell yeah. My wife is into doing this as well, apparently astounding our mechanic when she was in his shop last week for a repair.

3 degF outside this morning. I'm not missing a PP1 car with summer tires yet, but if this goes on into next month, it will be "somewhat galling". 3rd hand word from the plant ("a guy who knows a guy" - worth exactly what you paid for it) is that the upfit process is a slow slog. We'll see.
I can’t imagine how they will be able to spare any time or workers to fix the cars that were built without steering wheels. In my opinion it really would have been much better just to wait another couple weeks and do it right for everyone, avoiding this mess completely. Those cars without steering wheels are now in a bad bad place which I equate to as a Dead Letter Office, they may or may not ever see the light of day.
I am glad I am not the only one spreading humor with this appalling situation lol! Yet my dealer is sticking to his “nothing wrong, probably your car will get here mid-March” nonsense

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion it really would have been much better just to wait another couple weeks and do it right for everyone, avoiding this mess completely.
From a "moving the product efficiently through the system" standpoint, absolutely. My guess is that since the UAW contract specifies that the workers get 80% pay for sitting home in the event of unscheduled plant shutdowns, after 3 weeks of that someone decided to have them doing something, even if it was just to build a backlog of things that needed fixing.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
As a company, it's better to continue producing something than rather just stop the production and be way back in the order book. If 99% of the car is produce, yes it's more complicate to just put a steering wheel on, but it's better than to build a brand new full car.
Sponsored