Sponsored

2019 Mustang - Issues / Concerns

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
So, I have a 2019 on order (likely to be delivered in August). From looking around in this forum the two big concerns I readily see are evaporator coils and engine tick issues (can't say that I understand the issue there). I'm not sure if I'm missing other big, observed issues. At any rate, that's almost enough to make one say F'-it and go buy something else.

If one was to guess, what are the odds I'll experience either of these issues on a 2019? I think I read somewhere that the evaporator coil may have been redesigned, so maybe that issue goes away. The engine tick and seeing engines being replace in whole or in part early in the life of a car is pretty appalling. It "sounds" like a moderately frequent issue. How concerned should I be and should I consider buying an extended warranty if I plan to keep the 2019 for not less than 5 years?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, for those that have 2019's, post any issues you are experiencing here. Thanks.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Go buy another car. But, before you do that, go to that cars forums and look at any problems. If you go by what is reported in forums, you won’t buy anything.
Oh, and go look in any cars dealer repair area.......there sure are a lot of broken cars getting fixed.

Stop worrying and buy what you want.

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go buy another car. But, before you do that, go to that cars forums and look at any problems. If you go by what is reported in forums, you won’t buy anything.
Oh, and go look in any cars dealer repair area.......there sure are a lot of broken cars getting fixed.

Thanks, that was helpful. I think it's reasonable to not expect major engine issues on a brand new car (in this day and age). I don't think I'm being irrational. Look at the poll on the tick issue. Half the people taking the poll reported the issue.

Although, in fairness, I agree that forums are bad for the psyche. Granted, this a performance car and can't be compared to all of the Toyotas, etc. I've had that had zero issues. And, I'm willing to accept some minor irritants to have a fun car like a Mustang. I just don't want to experience some of the horror reported on here (and likely financial loss). Having been scarred by the poor quality of the late 70s and 80s, I think Ford should be glad that buyers like me are willing to reconsider their brand. I hope I'm not disappointed / burned dipping my toes back into domestic waters. (Yes, I realize non-american brands have issues as well. But, nothing of note in the cars I've bought.)

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Look at the poll on the tick issue. Half the people taking the poll reported the issue.
So you think that half of every new V8 mustang built has the ticking issue?
I kind of doubt that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you think that half of every new V8 mustang built has the ticking issue?
I kind of doubt that.
Yes, I doubt it too. But, it doesn't sound like a 1 in 100,000 type issue either.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
My car does not tick that I can hear but car forum people tend to be sensitive to it. Modern engines tend to do that. Removing the engine cover and hood liner could make it more apparent or driving by reflective surfaces.

I've often felt (subjectively) that cars are going to have most of their issues in the first 20K miles and you have the warranty anyway.

I don't think anyone has a 2019 just yet, the 2018s are rare enough as it is. But the 2019 should be identical to a late production 2018.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Don't see how anyone could have a 2019 yet.

Also, aren't you setting yourself up for failure by worrying about this already?

Small percentages of people experience the issues you are worried over. Hopefully you will not be one of those small percentages.

If super worried get the extended warranty.

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, aren't you setting yourself up for failure by worrying about this already?
Probably. Perhaps I should not have looked at this Forum subsection...; though, good to be informed.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
So, I have a 2019 on order (likely to be delivered in August). From looking around in this forum the two big concerns I readily see are evaporator coils and engine tick issues (can't say that I understand the issue there). I'm not sure if I'm missing other big, observed issues. At any rate, that's almost enough to make one say F'-it and go buy something else.

If one was to guess, what are the odds I'll experience either of these issues on a 2019? I think I read somewhere that the evaporator coil may have been redesigned, so maybe that issue goes away. The engine tick and seeing engines being replace in whole or in part early in the life of a car is pretty appalling. It "sounds" like a moderately frequent issue. How concerned should I be and should I consider buying an extended warranty if I plan to keep the 2019 for not less than 5 years?

Thoughts?
a large portion of the engine ticking complaints are unwarranted, with direct injection and high pressure injectors the ticking is very common on ALL NEW CARS. everything from the Camry to the Accord have forums with people complaining about ticking engines. as long as you don't tune or heavily mod the car the factory warranty will take care of an issue should it pop up. don't let the forum fairies scare you away from what is a great car.

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
lol the ole "BBQ igniter tick". this has been going on since the first guy brought it up in 2010 on his new 2011 5.0 and 8 years later still going strong I see

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD

Plus 1^^^^ :headbang:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

That's a great post right there.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase

Thoughts?
The 18 Mustang is a sweet ride. Do not be discouraged .:cheers:

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
OP - Despite the issue I had and horrible experience with Ford customer service, I will still look at buying a 2019 Mustang. However I will wait till they start hitting the dealers so I can do thorough test drives.
Sponsored