2019 Mustang GT (Manual) auto rev matching

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I'm in the market for an ecoboost and I'm wondering if the 19+ get down shift rev-match as well since they have the same transmission as the GT in manual. I think it's a cool feature but I haven't heard anyone talk about it or seen any videos where people have an new ecoboost manual and show the rev match feature.
The EB do not have the same xmsn as the GT, the gear selection module does not appear on the EB xmsn (2019) so it is not ilkely to have rev-match.
Sponsored

Toymonkeyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The EB do not have the same xmsn as the GT, the gear selection module does not appear on the EB xmsn (2019) so it is not ilkely to have rev-match.
weird.... I was confused because if you go on the ford website and pretend to build a new mustang like you're buying one and select ecoboost and manual transmission and go to the information panel in the transmission options it says that the manual transmission that's included comes with rev-match, but it could be a lazy copy-paste from the gt page

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
That's really messed up. If I ordered based on that page and expected rev match, I would be really unhappy.

If you tunnel down on the price and build website you'll find more details. But it takes some digging and paying attention. Screen shots attached.

GT.png

EcoBoost.png

Sponsored

Toymonkeyjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
That's really messed up. If I ordered based on that page and expected rev match, I would be really unhappy.

If you tunnel down on the price and build website you'll find more details. But it takes some digging and paying attention. Screen shots attached.

GT.png

EcoBoost.png
wow that's really deciving, yeah the only reason why i'd go for a 2019+ over a 2015/16 woudl be rev-match downshifting, so that would be potentially a multiple thousand dollar mistake, hopefully no one has thought the same, Guess I'll go with just a 15/16 manual ecoboost and then maybe a few years later trade in for a '19+ manual gt with rev matching

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There was some suggestion the 2020+ EB got the rev-match but I don't recall who on M6G made the assertion/validation. Rev-match is just being lazy. Learn to blip the throttle yourself and use the clutch properly - it's a friction device not a toggle switch.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There was some suggestion the 2020+ EB got the rev-match but I don't recall who on M6G made the assertion/validation. Rev-match is just being lazy. Learn to blip the throttle yourself and use the clutch properly - it's a friction device not a toggle switch.
Ford's auto rev match implementation in these cars is dead ass perfect though. Sure, doing it yourself is more skillful, but the car does it perfectly every single time, which means you just throw it into the next gear down, dump the clutch with zero remorse, and there's no jerk or drivetrain complaint whatsoever.

I'll just keep being lazy lol

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Sometimes when I pick up the kids at school I pretend I'm a Porsche PDK on the track and I shift up to third for absolutely no good reason. Then I downshift 2, 1, stop, while I, and everyone around, listen to that super cool car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ford's auto rev match implementation in these cars is dead ass perfect though. Sure, doing it yourself is more skillful, but the car does it perfectly every single time, which means you just throw it into the next gear down, dump the clutch with zero remorse, and there's no jerk or drivetrain complaint whatsoever.
Ford's implementation is not going to be 'portable' to cars that don't have automated rev matching. Think about that for a minute . . .

Norm

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
(Auto) Rev-match is just being lazy. Learn to blip the throttle yourself and use the clutch properly.
I mean, you do you, but it guarantees perfect downshifts EVERY TIME. Silly not to use it.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I mean, you do you, but it guarantees perfect downshifts EVERY TIME. Silly not to use it.
It is pretty close to perfect. I was amazed at how accurate it is.

And I turned it off on the way home from the dealership. That and hill holding.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Silly is using it and thinking that you had anything to do with those "perfect downshifts".

Silly is having to have little tasks like this done for you that really aren't hard for you to do all by yourself. But I guess that's what happened when "I can do this" attitudes became "I can't be bothered" . . .

Norm

Last edited:

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
It's a nice feature, and probably saves the clutch and synchros more than even a human trying their best.

I do understand what you are saying and lament the automation of previous skills, however it's kind of like having a back up camera when you need to hookup to a trailer and refusing to use it.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
It is pretty close to perfect. I was amazed at how accurate it is.

And I turned it off on the way home from the dealership. That and hill holding.
I thought I would turn the rev matching off, but I never did.

I DID turn off the hill holding, though. With it on, I stalled twice on the same hill, one day after another. Turned it off, and no more issues. If it's really steep and someone pulls up to my bumper, I can used the ebrake hold trick I've used since I started driving.
Sponsored