Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT (Manual) auto rev matching

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
A lot of times I drive the car in track mode but with advance Trac and other nannies off, it's a different car.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
A lot of times I drive the car in track mode but with advance Trac and other nannies off, it's a different car.
Is it really and how so? I'll have to try that one day although likely not until the spring now.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Is it really and how so? I'll have to try that one day although likely not until the spring now.
I do it on occasion if its dry out, its odd it actually makes the car feel like it lost a few hundred lbs. not sure really how to describe it but it make me feel like the nannies may actually overcompensate even when they doesn't need to. You can even feel it when not driving hard.

Bear380spin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 manual
I have a 2021 5.0 6spd. Looking to get the rst clutch will I still have rev match?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I do it on occasion if its dry out, its odd it actually makes the car feel like it lost a few hundred lbs. not sure really how to describe it but it make me feel like the nannies may actually overcompensate even when they doesn't need to. You can even feel it when not driving hard.
I agree with what you said, and having said that, I am actually happy that the Mustang has a lot of traction control refinement...

I rented a base 5.7L challenger and it was fishtailing like crazy even with a little throttle. The two people that sat in the challenger exclaimed at how powerful the car was (coworkers who were not car guys). This being said, I think it was just that the Challenger was less "intrusive" in the traction control, so it gave the illusion of the car being "unstably powerful". I didn't really care for it because it made it so much more difficult to daily it to work and back.

I did turn off my traction control and put car in track mode (active exhaust also in track, not that it does anything for handling), but yes, I did remember it feeling like it was a completely different car.

To those two coworkers that thought the Challenger was "crazy". I would like to have them sit in my 5.0 with everything off and see what they think about the Mustang, but then that would mean I would actually care about them and I don't...

That being said, I find that many men at my work who know NOTHING about cars but want to seem like they are "car guys" always spit out, "you know... what I REALLY like is a... Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye" I want to ask them, "how long did it take for you to memorize those words to seem cool?"

I have nothing against a Challenger person if THEY ACTUALLY OWN ONE, or know anything about Challengers/Mustangs/Camaros. But I do have a problem when someone asks me for a ride, and when they sit in my car, talk about how they like the Challenger (that they've never sat it) much better... I would NEVER say something like that. If a Challenger owner gave me a ride, I would be complimenting on his car. I would never own one, but nevertheless, I respect him and his ride. If a BMW M4 owner gave me a ride, I wouldn't own one, but I would still compliment his car and be a car nerd...

Anyway, I digress... So yes, with the nannies turned off, even a base 5.0 (with PP1 in my case) becomes a completely different car. I would think that with a base 5.0 with the 235 tires, it would feel even more crazy with the traction control off in track mode.

Sponsored

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now I understand why so many people complain about the rev hang. This isn't rev hang; it's the ARM. Sure, there is a bit of rev hang, like there is in all modern fuel-injected engines, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's actually the ARM that augments it to an unpleasant (for some) level.
I have mega bad rev hang during track days. It's 100% an issue with these cars.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have mega bad rev hang during track days. It's 100% an issue with these cars.
I had no problem with rev hang and really appreciated rev match at Daytona (2019). Dropping down from 140 to less than 60 twice a lap the rev match worked flawlessly, allowing me to concentrate on the seriously heavy braking.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 5.0 6spd. Looking to get the rst clutch will I still have rev match?
No, it is attached to the disk. All clutch disks have the option, with or without rev match.

Make sure to tell the shop that you want the rev match clutch disk.

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Driver error?
I hear from all sorts of 6 speed owners that they have rev hang issues. Even non-coyote owners know these engines rev hang. Let's be constructive instead of insulting

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear from all sorts of 6 speed owners that they have rev hang issues. Even non-coyote owners know these engines rev hang. Let's be constructive instead of insulting
Maybe you are slow on the shift, or didn't come off the throttle. I had the rev hag 1 time driving through a parking lot.
Was smart enough to realize it was me, and not blame the car. My constructive comment is thus, stop blaming the car.

Everybody says something all the time, it means NOTHING. Go read FB best example.

Sponsored

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
wa
Maybe you are slow on the shift, or didn't come off the throttle. I had the rev hag 1 time driving through a parking lot.
Was smart enough to realize it was me, and not blame the car. My constructive comment is thus, stop blaming the car.
You clearly haven't driven your car on track then if you think rev hang in these cars is driver error.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
wa

You clearly haven't driven your car on track then if you think rev hang in these cars is driver error.
rev hang is rev hang period, never had it happen running a mountain road. Cheaper than track fees takes more guts.

rock on

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I
rev hang is rev hang period, never had it happen running a mountain road. Cheaper than track fees takes more guts.
I run the canyons in LA all the time AND I do track days because I have the balls to go 10/10 and you don't. You haven't once driven this car at maximum and thus you have no idea how these cars act under repeated hard braking or hard acceleration.

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase