Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, I wonder why some cars have obnoxious hang and some do not. Maybe it's tune time for you to get rid of it lol
I wish I could retrofit rev matching in my 2018 but that's just not possible based on what I've researched.

The car either hangs revs when I short shift (some corners call for that to avoid spinning) or locks me out when I rev too high.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You clearly haven't driven your car on track then if you think rev hang in these cars is driver error.
the only way to fix is with a tune. The V6 had mind-boggling rev-hang that Unleashed Tuning fixed right up. The GT is much less prone but it's still there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could retrofit rev matching in my 2018 but that's just not possible based on what I've researched.
correct but it's hardly difficult to do it yourself. I turned that rev-match shit off after a week of ownership. I can blip the throttle and slip the clutch just fine on my own. Is the computer faster and more accurate? Sure, and it might save me some tenths. I don't GAF. *I* drive the damn car, not the other way around.

or locks me out when I rev too high.
have you separated out clutch and brake reservoirs?

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the only way to fix is with a tune. The V6 had mind-boggling rev-hang that Unleashed Tuning fixed right up. The GT is much less prone but it's still there.
Yeah I think some of it might be emissions related. I've been driving on the track in sport mode. Might move up to track and see if it still does it.

Sponsored

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
correct but it's hardly difficult to do it yourself. I turned that rev-match shit off after a week of ownership. I can blip the throttle and slip the clutch just fine on my own. Is the computer faster and more accurate? Sure, and it might save me some tenths. I don't GAF. *I* drive the damn car, not the other way around.

have you separated out clutch and brake reservoirs?
No I haven't done any major mods in that regard.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I have mega bad rev hang during track days. It's 100% an issue with these cars.

How does the rev hang bother you on the track? I find the rev hang annoying when I'm daily driving, especially when going uphill, but I see no problem on the track.

Downshifting there is obviously no rev hang to notice anywhere, as whatever rev hang there would be, rev match compensates for perfectly as far as I can tell.

Upshifting there is a problem during daily driving as I have to wait for the revs to fall before shifting up to avoid the sudden acceleration/forward-jerk of the car when going into the higher gear with revs that are still high. When shifting up on the track, I'm more or less flooring the gas pedal immediately after shifting up anyway, so that sudden acceleration on the track has never bothered me. I don't think I even notice it, so curious how it bothers you on the track.

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How does the rev hang bother you on the track? I find the rev hang annoying when I'm daily driving, especially when going uphill, but I see no problem on the track.

Downshifting there is obviously no rev hang to notice anywhere, as whatever rev hang there would be, rev match compensates for perfectly as far as I can tell.

Upshifting there is a problem during daily driving as I have to wait for the revs to fall before shifting up to avoid the sudden acceleration/forward-jerk of the car when going into the higher gear with revs that are still high. When shifting up on the track, I'm more or less flooring the gas pedal immediately after shifting up anyway, so that sudden acceleration on the track has never bothered me. I don't think I even notice it, so curious how it bothers you on the track.
Rev hang bothers me on track because I'm waiting for the revs to fall to an appropriate level so that when I shift up, I'm not burning clutch or syncros. Shifting up with an RPM too high means potentially losing traction and spinning out. I want the car to shift at a certain spot and when it takes 3 seconds for the revs to fall it's daunting to have to fix the situation while driving at 100mph

My car is a 2018 so I have no rev matching.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Rev hang bothers me on track because I'm waiting for the revs to fall to an appropriate level so that when I shift up, I'm not burning clutch or syncros. Shifting up with an RPM too high means potentially losing traction and spinning out. I want the car to shift at a certain spot and when it takes 3 seconds for the revs to fall it's daunting to have to fix the situation while driving at 100mph

My car is a 2018 so I have no rev matching.
Hmm, I see.

I just saw your other post about sportsmode/trackmode. I'm not sure there is a difference (maybe someone else knows?), but will perhaps experiment a bit on Sunday when I go to the track next time. Usually I'm driving in trackmode now once I've warmed up and are feeling comfortable, so not sure if I'd feel the problem more in normal or sportsmode since I normally drive quite sedately while warming up in those modes.

Or maybe it's so easy that one can just test it with the car in neutral? Put it in normal or sportsmode and rev it a few times, then do the same in trackmode?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
For me the ref hang was only an issue when gunning it from a stop. 1 2 3 shifts good then going 4th to cruise the engine held high rpm and dropped so slowly, you had to sit in neutral for too many seconds waiting for it to drop or else you bang the clutch.

Other shifts in other directions it was never an issue. The Ford tune makes it drop so much quicker now. It feels really good.

Sponsored

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For me the ref hang was only an issue when gunning it from a stop. 1 2 3 shifts good then going 4th to cruise the engine held high rpm and dropped so slowly, you had to sit in neutral for too many seconds waiting for it to drop or else you bang the clutch.

Other shifts in other directions it was never an issue. The Ford tune makes it drop so much quicker now. It feels really good.
I fixed the 4 to 6 issue by going to 5th first. It helps.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I fixed the 4 to 6 issue by going to 5th first. It helps.
Oh yeah, sequential shifts - just what everyone wants to do in a sports car! I pity anyone with synchros that can't handle gear skips.

The entire point of a manual is controlling your gears, letting a computer rev hang the engine for emissions sake first defeats the purpose.

What do you do when you want to goose it when in 6th? 5-4-3 shift it? Come on!

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, sequential shifts - just what everyone wants to do in a sports car! I pity anyone with synchros that can't handle gear skips.

The entire point of a manual is controlling your gears, letting a computer rev hang the engine for emissions sake first defeats the purpose.

What do you do when you want to goose it when in 6th? 5-4-3 shift it? Come on!
Sequential works for going up. Going down its easy to drop straight to 4th or 3rd because it doesn't rev hang.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Sequential works for going up.
It doesn't when you gun it. It rev hangs like a bitch. If you don't experience what a bunch of us are describing here you aren't driving it like we are.

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't when you gun it. It rev hangs like a bitch. If you don't experience what a bunch of us are describing here you aren't driving it like we are.
..... did you just forget my last 4 messages?
Sponsored