2019 GT350R Rear Seat??

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
That guy with the yellow car always seems to have some arrogant comment to make, and usually not relevant to the thread. I may not be rich and have the opportunity to race cars, but at least I keep my mouth shut (most of the time), instead of making some jack-hole comment and coming across like a jerk. Especially when he starts calling out someones driving/racing abilities and then the guy posts a video to back it up!

I read a thread a few weeks ago regarding a visit from a LEO, which quickly degraded into a few self righteous individuals preaching how stop means stop, don't break the speed limit, and don't even think about starting a vehicle with out having your seat belt on.... good grief!

There are certain people on this site that leave me shaking my head most every time I read one of their posts. If you don't have anything helpful to add to the conversation, please keep it to yourself. Coming on here and telling someone not to purchase an R because he wants to take his kid for rides is just plain ridiculous (and leaning closer to moronic). "Ok, rant over."

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Actually Tom is a pretty knowledgable and helpful guy and I find his posts usually spot on.

Sponsored

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, 2017 Focus RS, 2019 GT350R
I agree with @geepaw and @Spacebird, what’s more important than sharing your joys and passions with your kids?

I just bought a 19 R, and I am planning to install a rear seat this weekend (along with QuickFit Pro). No FP Kit, but you can DIY. The takeoff GT350 rear seats get gobbled up quickly on this forum, so I purchased takeoff GT rear seats for cheap on eBay. Red fabric marker from amazon. All seatbelts and hardware sourced from fordparts.com and shipped to my house. Total cost slightly less that the kit would have cost. What it’s worth to me and my family: priceless.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That guy with the yellow car
Hi, Mr. "Hopefully a 2017 Mustang" (as per your profile). Im the guy who has been contributing around here for just about 5,000 posts. Yes, I have a yellow R.... and a white one, and a grey one. Magnificent vehicles that make excellent track cars. Much of my content has been beneficial to the community of GT350R enthusiasts. Which kind of enthusiast are you? What exactly do you drive? You profile is a little vague. Do me a favor and if you want to call me out, do so using @Tomster . The GT350R was designed to be a track focused car, that had the rear seat specifically removed to eliminate some of the weight to make it a better track car. Why would anyone buy one of these cars, add a back seat, and never have any intention to track one of these amazing vehicles? Probably the ones with too much money and not enough seats in their cars I guess.

Especially when he starts calling out someones driving/racing abilities and then the guy posts a video to back it up!
WTF are you talking about? Please explain.

I read a thread a few weeks ago regarding a visit from a LEO, which quickly degraded into a few self righteous individuals preaching how stop means stop, don't break the speed limit, and don't even think about starting a vehicle with out having your seat belt on.... good grief!
Same as above. Provide examples. Mr. 161 posts, you have a lot of nerve coming on here and not even having the balls to call me out when you say such crap about me. Who are you and what is your business here? Why do I waste my time...….

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Now back to the subject matter. If you want to take a GT350R and throw a back seat in it, have at it, just like I said in a previous post. I initially made a comment and I obviously hurt some people's feelings. After reading it again, I wouldn't change a single thing because that is how I feel about the subject matter. This is a forum, and I made commentary that was certainly relavent to the subject matter.

I was done with this until Mr. 161 posts up there decided to make personal comments. "Have at it" was me putting this subject in My rear view mirror to never look back again because it was pointless to discuss my perspective on the matter any further.

If you wish to keep discussing my perspective, sure, keep quoting me and I'd be happy to continue.

As for the OP, I hope you find your R seat kit. If that makes you happy, then have at it.

Sponsored

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
The 350R may be track focused but it's still street legal, so what's wrong with driving it on the street? If he's got the money have at it. All I meant was you come off pretty condescending. No need to get butt hurt. What do you care what somebody else does or does not buy and where they drive it. Most of the GT350s sold end up as garage queens anyhow. I scored a good deal on a new leftover 2016 GTPP when the 17s were coming out so that's what I daily drive in the summer. I have no real intent on tracking the car. Anyhow, I'm sure @Tomster that you are a nice guy in person, and I'm sorry I offended you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The 350R may be track focused but it's still street legal, so what's wrong with driving it on the street? If he's got the money have at it. All I meant was you come off pretty condescending. No need to get butt hurt. What do you care what somebody else does or does not buy and where they drive it. Most of the GT350s sold end up as garage queens anyhow. I scored a good deal on a new leftover 2016 GTPP when the 17s were coming out so that's what I daily drive in the summer. I have no real intent on tracking the car. Anyhow, I'm sure @Tomster that you are a nice guy in person, and I'm sorry I offended you.
apology accepted. Moving on.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I agree with @geepaw and @Spacebird, what’s more important than sharing your joys and passions with your kids?

I just bought a 19 R, and I am planning to install a rear seat this weekend (along with QuickFit Pro). No FP Kit, but you can DIY. The takeoff GT350 rear seats get gobbled up quickly on this forum, so I purchased takeoff GT rear seats for cheap on eBay. Red fabric marker from amazon. All seatbelts and hardware sourced from fordparts.com and shipped to my house. Total cost slightly less that the kit would have cost. What it’s worth to me and my family: priceless.
Can you post a picture of your end results?