Sponsored

2019 GT350R Rear Seat??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lead Foot Raptor 2019 Silver Spruce Expedition 2019 Bullitt Mustang 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I am considering buying a 2019 GT350R I found but was curious if anyone knows if there is or will be a rear seat kit for it? I know it may be blasphemous but I have a 3 year old that loves daddy’s fast cars and I don’t want to get something he can’t ride in if I can help it. Just curious as I hadn’t seen mention of that yet since the 19 interior is different. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I believe that FP stopped making their kit with end of 2018 production but some dealers may still have supply. There were some aftermarket kits as well but they didn’t look as good as FP kit. A quick check shows Steeda, LMR, American Muscle no longer carrying the rear seat kit.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I get it. My 6 year old has been riding with me since I got my R 3 years ago.

If you must you can source a suitable seat, belts, and associated fasteners from a GT or GT350. It’s not that hard to do.

Worth noting: the FP R rear seat kits were missing multiple studs and bolts that are required. I don’t mean mine was missing, I mean all kits were missing needed fasteners. At least that was the case when I got mine. I informed FP of the issue.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I get that people have families and such, but why buy an R, which was designed by ford to be a track car, to haul your kids around in the back seat.

It's a two seat car that Ford (rightfully so) discontinued the rear seat option. Buy a mustang, or a regular 350, or an SUV for that matter.

Ok, rant over.

OP
OP
ConstructStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lead Foot Raptor 2019 Silver Spruce Expedition 2019 Bullitt Mustang 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I get that people have families and such, but why buy an R, which was designed by ford to be a track car, to haul your kids around in the back seat.

It's a two seat car that Ford (rightfully so) discontinued the rear seat option. Buy a mustang, or a regular 350, or an SUV for that matter.

Ok, rant over.
Well let’s see...I already have an Expedition, Jeep, and a Raptor so no I don’t need an SUV to haul my kids around. The Mustang is for fun and while I would at times love to say the fun is only for me, my wife and son enjoy riding in the “fast car” too so I try to take that into consideration as well. Additionally the reason I was considering the R is that it was a good deal for a brand new R and I like that they are such limited production versus the GT350 or even GT500’s coming out. I prefer’d a more collectible vehicle. You could make silly rants like that about any car so just don’t. I know what the car was made for, I was asking a simple question to see if I could get it and still accommodate my family enjoying it too. Get over it. Okay rant over...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well let’s see...I already have an Expedition, Jeep, and a Raptor so no I don’t need an SUV to haul my kids around. The Mustang is for fun and while I would at times love to say the fun is only for me, my wife and son enjoy riding in the “fast car” too so I try to take that into consideration as well. Additionally the reason I was considering the R is that it was a good deal for a brand new R and I like that they are such limited production versus the GT350 or even GT500’s coming out. I prefer’d a more collectible vehicle. You could make silly rants like that about any car so just don’t. I know what the car was made for, I was asking a simple question to see if I could get it and still accommodate my family enjoying it too. Get over it. Okay rant over...
I guess there is nothing like hauling the wife and kid around in a race car that you had to install a back seat for. Have fun.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I like my seat.. got it around July of 2018. Hope you can find it. I probably haul someone in it maybe 6 times a season. But totally worth it to bring kiddos along to the massive car scene here in Minneapolis alone.

Other option maybe is to source a GT350 seat and have an upholsterer rethread it maybe.
FB_IMG_1559675364471.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

You must not have a family.

"Hauling kids around" versus enjoying your car with your family are very different things. I can kick ass at the track, and take my kid on a mountain canyon road.

Why buy an inferior non-R when I can have everything in one car?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sure, have at it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
LOL. I couldn't get the rear seat out of my GT350 fast enough to install the FR rear seat delete kit. I hope it becomes available again, especially since they are now installed in GT350R's and GT500 CFTP cars. Knowing Ford, nope, not doing it again. ARRGH!!

Sponsored

Bluevoodue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I am considering buying a 2019 GT350R I found but was curious if anyone knows if there is or will be a rear seat kit for it? I know it may be blasphemous but I have a 3 year old that loves daddy’s fast cars and I don’t want to get something he can’t ride in if I can help it. Just curious as I hadn’t seen mention of that yet since the 19 interior is different. Thanks for any info.
I have a couple of GT350R's great car , growing up my Father Purchased a 350 in 1965 my Father loved this car we were a big family 6 kids a lot of stress in the sixties we had a big station wagon to haul the family around but is was not a Shelby , as my father would wash and clean the car every weekend we would help him we all felt as we were a part of his dream he would take all of us for rides the fun we had has built memories that would last forever , by no means did we grow up like the brady bunch as the years when by we all continued to help him with his dream car going forward my father is long gone but his dream lives on every year the family gets together the car always comes up and the fun we had in his dream is now our dream car . do what want you want build you dream and memories with your kids.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I've entertained putting in the rear seats also. my 3 yr old loves the R. always wants to push the engine on button and sit in it. loves hearing it fire up. regularly says, "snakes are cool!"

another perk of the rear seat kit is being able to fold the seats down for extended trunk space, when needed.

so still haven't done it but think about it often.

Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yuck, who would want an INFERIOR non-R?

Considering that the standard GT350 comes with lawn chair seats, a pie tin steering wheel, leaf spring suspension, drum brakes along with a crank to start the engine, you wouldn’t catch me dead in that POS!

This forum is getting WEIRDER by the day.:crazy:

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
Your kid’s enjoyment matters more than forum opinions..the memories my kids have in my ‘03 cobra as a DD and road trips made it the only car my family wouldn’t let me sell. Yes it is a 4 seater, but if it wasn’t , I would gladly have added the kit to make the memories I have. Note: my kids could care less about past minivans and SUVs.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR

Ok, rant over.
It’s like 30lbs difference, our R’s are already relative fat asses and giant sized cars out on the track with supercharged lotus exiges and corvette zr1 and gt3s. I’d love for someone to do a blind test and see if they can tell there is a rear seat back there! I put the FP one in my 17R so my little kids could share some fun on the roads (I have a raptor and Xfr for kids but they can’t go in my two seat ferrari or Aston Martin) and after doing so I 100% I can’t tell the difference in 30lbs but they can tell a difference getting to go in daddy’s fast car.

I hope those without a rear seat also don’t have the air conditioner bc blasphemy!

There’s something to be said for race car sacrifices, but the R is not a race car with or without rear seats. It’s an awesome track car that is big enough to fit people and stuff and is fun whether putting around on the street or ripping with cars with much better tech and higher cost and keeping up damn well!
Sponsored