Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yup, does look killer. Ive been looking at alternative spoilers, dont want to fo the R-Wing - even though it is cool, not 100% sold on the APR GT200 drag wing.. but this one.. this might fit the bill....:D
It's actually a very good piece and has just about the right rise for the S550 for low profile.
Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
:) I removed my tech spoiler and replaced it with a track pack spoiler being as careful as possible, using painters tape, non marring tools to remove factory adhesive, etc. and still had fine scratches on decklid. Since the track pack spoiler is bigger and covers all of the area the tech spoiler touched it wasn't a big deal, but be forewarned if you try to remove a spoiler and place a spoiler that doesn't cover all areas, such as the 19 GT350 or R spoiler.

The adhesive on the tech pack spoiler was ridiculously strong, and the edges are covered in sand/dirt that you can't wash off, it's stuck to the glue. I'm guessing that was the issue. Non of them were deep of course and could probably be buffed out easily, just trying to cause trouble, :lol:
The oem adhesive is a pain in the ass for sure, been there on another car. One advantage I have is a white car, those fine scratches hide themselves pretty easy. The black paint is definitely your disadvantage in this case, you can just look at black paint and it swirls. :lol:

But I’m sure I’ll have to pull out the DA polisher and do a little correction, no birdie though.:thumbsup:

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
It's actually a very good piece and has just about the right rise for the S550 for low profile.
Yup - not saying it isnt - Im not just 100% "feeling" it... :lol:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Don’t get me wrong... I’m not saying the new spoiler is ugly, I’m just saying in my opinion the R spoiler is much more functional, and has some serious character.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Don’t get me wrong... I’m not saying the new spoiler is ugly, I’m just saying in my opinion the R spoiler is much more functional, and has some serious character.
Unfortunately it's been copied so much and placed on non R cars from S197's (yes, I saw an R replica hack jobbed onto an S197 locally) to stripped out S550 GT based cars that it's been kinda spoiled for me unless it's on the real deal. :frusty:

I'd never put an R wing on my Track Pack car now because of that. I'd probably end up doing an APR Drag Wing or even ZL1Addon's gurney flap. If I were looking to modify my aero.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Arggghhhhhhhh, not only couldn't I decide if I should change to the GT500 or keep the GT350, now ford has to add this into the mix.

I really need both.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Unfortunately it's been copied so much and placed on non R cars from S197's (yes, I saw an R replica hack jobbed onto an S197 locally) to stripped out S550 GT based cars that it's been kinda spoiled for me unless it's on the real deal. :frusty:

I'd never put an R wing on my Track Pack car now because of that. I'd probably end up doing an APR Drag Wing or even ZL1Addon's gurney flap. If I were looking to modify my aero.
And you don’t think this new wing will be the quick-copy schizzle?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
And you don’t think this new wing will be the quick-copy schizzle?
I think the problem is that the GT350R spoiler is mainly for function, not style. So seeing a base Mustang with 235 wide all seasons rocking a high downforce spoiler is just cingeworthy to me, because the style doesn't appeal to me so much and I guarantee the function isn't there on that vehicle.

Maybe some people think it's stylish, but I admire it more for function than style. The track pack spoiler and this spoiler appeals to me in both facets.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I think the problem is that the GT350R spoiler is mainly for function, not style. So seeing a base Mustang with 235 wide all seasons rocking a high downforce spoiler is just cingeworthy to me, because the style doesn't appeal to me so much and I guarantee the function isn't there on that vehicle.

Maybe some people think it's stylish, but I admire it more for function than style. The track pack spoiler and this spoiler appeals to me in both facets.
Agree. One of the things I love about the R spoiler is that the chord is really broad - you really don't notice how much area is on the underside of that wing until you get up close to it. It's very clearly functional and the integrated upright/ end plate design is slick. I also like that they painted it so it's not showy. That said, 50 Deep's car with all the gloss carbon *is* pretty damn sexy.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Finally see a spoiler I really like. I was considering a TP spoiler with the ZL1Addon wicker bill, but this one looks a lot better and unique.

Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Optional painted stripes...nice. this is gonna add a lot to the price of a 350. A loaded up base model will be over 65k. Makes me wonder how much the 500 gonna be
Any thoughts on why the model shown has OTT vinyl stripe and not the optional painted ones to show the diff?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

The R wing is both beautiful and functional. Just how functional is a question I would like answered, though. It would be great if Ford would give out numbers on the down force generated by the various wings. Without that info it's a little tough to pick between the options.
Sponsored